WDYT of Kingston?

I came across the name [name]Kingston[/name] flipping through a magazine today. DH and I are in love with it. WDYT?

It’s an area of [name]Milton[/name] Keynes… Sorry just can’t get past that!

I like the name but immediately think of [name]Gwen[/name] [name]Stefani[/name]'s DS, because that is the first time I heard the name

It’s growing on me. The first time I heard it, not much happened, but I like it more and more as I think it over. Yeah – I think [name]Stefani[/name] started it (as far as I know), as [name]Gwyneth[/name] started [name]Apple[/name], but no reason to hold that against a good, new name.

For heaven’s sake, use it if you love it! Others will!

There’s certainly nothing wrong with the name. Unlike most of the “new” names, I can see [name]Kingston[/name] aging well. It’s a very strong name, plus there’s the super cool nn [name]King[/name]. If you love it I think you should use it.

The good thing about the name [name]Kingston[/name], is ya, [name]Gwen[/name] named her son that, but it is also a place in [name]Jamaica[/name], a place in [name]Ontario[/name]… and Im sure a place in alot of other countries… so it really is a “place” name before anything else… Unlike names like [name]Suri[/name] or Zuma (Kingstons brother) which you automatically just think of the celeb-baby… when i think of [name]Kingston[/name] the 1st thing I think of is [name]Jamaica[/name], thn [name]Kingston[/name], [name]Ontario[/name]… then [name]Kingston[/name] Rosdale.

and its an AWESOME baby name!!! Cool, unique but not to out there that it is ridiculous!

I think it’s adorable. It doesn’t bother me that [name]Gwen[/name] [name]Stefani[/name] used it for her son–I think that it adds appeal to the name because it makes it heard of.

I actually like it! I like [name]Kingsley[/name] a little better, though. WDYT of that?

I really like [name]Kingston[/name]. I think of [name]Jamaica[/name] first and then [name]Gwen[/name] [name]Stefani[/name]'s son.

I like the nickname [name]Ki[/name] ([name]Kai[/name]) for it instead of [name]King[/name] if you needed one.

good luck!