Wdyt of Leora?

I recently met a girl named [name]Leora[/name] and thought it was an absolutely gorgeous name. I’d never heard it before and thought it was really fresh and different. It’s pronounced [name]Lee[/name]-orah. Was wondering what some of you thought?

[name]Love[/name] it. I toss up between [name]Liora[/name] and [name]Leora[/name] constantly.

[name]Eliora[/name] is also an option (but I don’t like it as much)

I love it.

I think it’s beautiful and refreshing. I slightly prefer [name]Eliora[/name] but I would love to meet a little [name]Leora[/name] :slight_smile:

It’s the first time I’ve ever heard this name…I think I prefer [name]Leona[/name], but it could grow on me. Could there be confusion in terms of spelling with some people thinking it is [name]Liora[/name] instead? That may not be an issue for you though. It’s always interesting to see something different but not [name]OTT[/name] “out there”, so it could be a potential winner!

I like it a lot. :slight_smile:

[name]Leora[/name], maybe short for [name]Leonora[/name]… I think it’s lovely. A bit more modern than [name]Leonora[/name].

Very, very pretty name!

I like it, but prefer [name]Leona[/name] or [name]Leonie[/name]

I like it-I prefer [name]Eliora[/name] but it doesn’t really matter.

I know a [name]Leora[/name] who is now in her 20s. I’ve always liked her name. It could be a way of honouring a [name]Leo[/name] in the family.

This is one of the few names that has managed to sound pretty to me, despite negative associations.

I think it’s very feminine sounding, and respectable. It’s a name that will age well, and I don’t think it necessarily needs any nicknames either.

I love the meaning of [name]Leora[/name], which is light! I think it’s such a vibrant and unique name. I love [name]Leona[/name] as well.

I love [name]Leora[/name]/[name]Liora[/name]. It was in the running when we were choosing our daughter’s name.

Very interesting name! I love the [name]Leo[/name] names!

I went to high school with a girl named [name]Leora[/name]. She was very sweet and intelligent, and beautiful. Her close friends called her [name]Leo[/name] sometimes. I think the name is very pretty! She pronounced it lee-OR-ah.

[name]Love[/name], love, love this name. [name]Leora[/name] was probably the biggest name crush of my high school years.