wdyt of Luciana?

All of our kids have Italian names ([name]Anthony[/name], [name]Rocco[/name], [name]Isabella[/name]) so I hate to break the trend, but this is the only Italian name we can really agree on. I just hesitate bc I don’t want it to be mispronounced her whole life.

Also…it seems like a mouthful when I say it outloud sometimes…am I over thinking?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Luciana[/name] is really pretty and fits well with your other kids! It also has the bonus of nicknames [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Lucia[/name], or [name]Ana[/name].

I like it :slight_smile:
[name]How[/name] do you pronounce it? I pronounce it [name]Lucy[/name]-anna.
It’s one on my own list and I love it :slight_smile:

p.s. Also love the italian baby name theme!

I agree with this!

Is it a mouthful with your last name? I guess I wasn’t sure what you meant by that, or a mouthful when you say all of your children in order ([name]Anthony[/name], [name]Rocco[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Luciana[/name]). If its the latter, then I agree, especially going from [name]Isabella[/name] to [name]Luciana[/name]…

Also, do you pronounce it loo-see-ahn-uh or loo-chee-ahn-uh? I prefer the first.

Here are some other cute Italian girl names. Maybe you will like some?
[name]Camilla[/name] (“perfect”) nn [name]Cam[/name], [name]Cami[/name], [name]Milly[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] (“dear”)
[name]Fiorella[/name] (“little flower”) nn [name]Fifi[/name], [name]Ella[/name]
[name]Gianna[/name] (“God is [name]Gracious[/name]”)
[name]Ginevra[/name] (“fair one”) nn [name]Gina[/name], [name]Ginny[/name]
[name]Giuliana[/name] (“youthful”)
[name]Katarina[/name] (“pure”) nn [name]Kat[/name]
[name]Sarafina[/name] (“seraphim”) nn [name]Sara[/name]
[name]Valeria[/name] (“strength”) nn [name]Val[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] (“violet”) nn [name]Vi[/name]

My favorites are [name]Anthony[/name], [name]Rocco[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], and … [name]Cara[/name], [name]Gianna[/name], [name]Ginevra[/name] and [name]Viola[/name]!

[name]Luciana[/name] is one of my favourites. I pronounce like [name]Lucy[/name] plus ah no. I love the nn of [name]Lucy[/name] too.

Actually this is a brilliant name not only is it beautiful it matches your other kid’s names perfectly.

I love this name! I pronounce it Loo-cee-ah-nuh, but am guessing you’re planning on loo-chee-ah-nuh, with the ch. Hmm…

If this is the case, depending on where you live, you may encounter pronunciation issues. Would you be calling her by her full name, or by [name]Lucy[/name]/[name]Lucie[/name]? If she went mostly by a nickname, perhaps pronunciation would become a non-issue.

I just love the name [name]Luciana[/name]! :slight_smile:

Good luck!