WDYT of Nestor?

How do you feel about the name [name_m]Nestor[/name_m]? Is it usable? Nicknames?

I really like it! It has a cozy vibe to me, and it fits well with other popular names nowadays. I’d probably use Nes as a nickname! You could also get Nex or Story!

2 Likes

Néstor is not at all my style. I know it has been in use in the Hispanic community. But I don’t love it.

[name_m]Nestor[/name_m] is charming and intriguing - kind of warm but rugged.

Nicknames could be:

[name_m]Tor[/name_m]
[name_u]Story[/name_u]
Nez

1 Like

I honestly feel like [name_m]Nestor[/name_m] is really underrated! Such a sweet, cozy, and autumnal sort of name :yellow_heart: I think I like it best in full but maybe [name_m]Ned[/name_m] could work as a stretchy nickname?

2 Likes

I’m not really a fan because it makes me think it’s what you might call an expectant mom in her last trimester of pregnancy

In [name_m]Dutch[/name_m] nestor is sometimes used to refer to the oldest person of a group, so I find it a bit hard to picture this as a name on a young person. I do like the sound of it. I think it is usable. [name_f]Nessie[/name_f] could be a nickname :sauropod:

1 Like

I adore [name_m]Nestor[/name_m]. I picture a darling little boy with the name. I like Ness as a nn, like [name_u]Eliot[/name_u] Ness.

3 Likes

What a great way to get to the nn Ness!

1 Like

When I hear [name_m]Nestor[/name_m], I think of someone who has roots in continental Europe or Latin [name_u]America[/name_u]. It’s not a name that Anglophones commonly use. I’m not sure why, because I think it’s a good name.

The only obvious nickname I can think of is Ness.

I love [name_m]Nestor[/name_m] and have it on my list as well - I find it cute and underrated! It has that old man charm to it and I like it’s Greek mythology credentials too.

1 Like

[name_m]Nestor[/name_m] isn’t my most favorite personally. For some reason it sounds incomplete to me; like it’s a nickname for a longer name. I would prefer [name_m]Ernesto[/name_m]!

This is funny because I found this name on a list of “most nostalgic [name_m]Dutch[/name_m] language names” or something like that? And it seemed out of place to me but maybe not then :grin:

That’s funny

I kind of like it. I do prefer [name_m]Kester[/name_m] but I could see [name_m]Nestor[/name_m] making a comeback at some point.

It makes me think of the claymation movie “Nestor the [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] Donkey”. It’s actually my favorite of all those old [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] movies, but I doubt that most people would have heard of it.

I’m not a big fan of [name_m]Nestor[/name_m] as a name. It doesn’t seem very usable to me.