WDYT of Sophie-Claire Isabella???

I am expecting our 8th child (5th baby girl!!). We have 5 biological children plus two little boys that we adopted. Our children’s names are : [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Jonah[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name], [name]Emma[/name]-[name]Grace[/name], [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Levi[/name] and [name]Isaiah[/name]

Wondering what you think of the name [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] [name]Isabella[/name] for this baby (three of our girls have hyphenated first names, which hubby and I both like)?? We also considered [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] [name]Victoria[/name], but I think I like [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] [name]Isabella[/name] better???

I think [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] is a great choice to go with your other girls’ names. However, the 4-syllable [name]Isabella[/name] might be a bit much with the double first name. I think [name]Isabel[/name] would be better (or some other name with 2-3 syllables.)
Good luck.

[name]Isabel[/name] is very pretty as well! I hadn’t thought of that, give me some other ideas… our last name ends with “[name]ADA[/name]”, short a sound.

[name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] is nice, but I just want to say that it sounds a bit like Eclair–as in the dessert. [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Victoria[/name] are both nice middle names, but have you considered:
[name]Victoire[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Mireille[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name] or [name]Adelina[/name]
as middle names?

Also, what about using just one first name ([name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] are both lovely on their own), since only one of your girls has one name and she sort of seemed like the odd one out in the list–just a thought. Anyway, great names and good luck!

I have actually wondered if anyone thought it would sound like “Eclair”… DH isn’t concerned about it, he said it is a “far stretch” but I am a bit…
Have considered [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Claire[/name], but DH really like [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name]…

I agree with [name]Rose[/name] that, who was it, [name]Maggie[/name] (?), seems left out of the list because she has no hyphenated first name. I would say perhaps using [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] would be nice - use two middle names instead of a hyphenated first name.

When I say [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Claire[/name] out loud, I immediately hear the word “eclair.” I’m also not feeling [name]Isabella[/name] with the combo.

I also think that it would be a great idea to simply name her [name]Sophie[/name], with no hyphen.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name]. I don’t hear eclair at all - I would hear it more with an a ending like [name]Audra[/name] [name]Claire[/name], but even then it wouldn’t be enough to bother me. What kind of middle names do your other girls have? I agree with pp that the 4 syllable [name]Isabella[/name] might be too long with [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name]. You could consider [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Claire[/name] as first and middle and call her both names. Or here are some other good middle options:
[name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] [name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] [name]Maya[/name]

My other girls’ middle names are: [name]Maggie[/name] D’[name]Shea[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] [name]Soledad[/name], [name]Emma[/name] [name]Addison[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (She goes by [name]Emma[/name]-[name]Grace[/name]), [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Kate[/name].

After thinking about many names I still love [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] (It’s my favorite). Maybe I should do a poll and see how many people really think it sounds like “Eclair”