WDYT of the name Harlequin?

[name]Harley[/name] [name]Quinn[/name] would definitely be an alert to Batman fans. It’s the name of a villain who goes by the criminal name Harlequin and dresses as the clowns.

[name]Hester[/name], [name]Hilde[/name], [name]Hillary[/name], [name]Honora[/name]/[name]Honoria[/name], [name]Hyacinth[/name]

I second cosmonaut’s suggestion of [name]Heloise[/name], and east93’s of [name]Heidi[/name].

H names in the same vintage spirit as [name]Elena[/name], [name]Felicity[/name] & [name]Genevieve[/name]:

[name]Hadassah[/name]
[name]Heloise[/name] (seconded)
[name]Hermia[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name]
Hesper(a)
[name]Hilaire[/name]
[name]Hilda[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Honora[/name] / [name]Honoria[/name] (seconded)
[name]Hyacinth[/name]
[name]Hypatia[/name]

I agree. I wouldn’t want that connected to my child all the time. Harlequin sounds and looks nice (although I think it looks more masculine, especially with the nns [name]Harley[/name] and [name]Quinn[/name]), but I don’t think it’s usable at all, sorry, [name]Carol[/name]. :frowning:

I think of bodice rippers/dime novels. Sorry!

Not usable.

Other suggestions:
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Hailey[/name]
[name]Holly[/name]
[name]Helene[/name]
[name]Hyacinth[/name]

Being a theatrical performer and occasional clown, I secretly love it. But still, I prefer other names from the Commedia d’ell [name]Arte[/name], such as Columbina.

I was wondering myself what others would think of it. Personally, it reminds me of “[name_m]Rivers[/name_m] In Your Mouth” by [name_m]Ben[/name_m] [name_u]Howard[/name_u], so that’s at least one positive thing. Plus, you could use [name_u]Quin[/name_u] as a nickname.

(I realize this topic is long gone. Welp.)