WDYT of the name Sara?

I really like the name [name]Sara[/name] (this spelling only). What are your thoughts on it?

Thank you!

I completely agree! I love [name]Sara[/name] without the ‘h’. It means princess and spelt [name]Sara[/name], is the name of a lovely [name]Fleetwood[/name] [name]Mac[/name] song. It’s a winner!

[name]Sara[/name] with no H has been my favorite girls name for a very long time. I like songs about her, I like to hear the word [name]Sara[/name]. I think the H is the Hebrew spelling, and nothing against Hebrew spelling, but we don’t pronounce the H, so I just like it better without extra letters, and [name]Sara[/name] is a recognized variant.

To me, this name never gets old, even though it is an old name. It is at an ideal length for a name, I think - I really do like some very long and elaborate names that are pretty (currently crushing on [name]Mariana[/name]), but not for real life. I prefer simpler things, and the name [name]Sara[/name] seems light and airy and not encumbered by syllables requiring a nickname.

All the things I love about the name [name]Sara[/name] have influenced what I think makes the best choices for a child’s name. At least for me. I think I would become depressed if everyone adhered to my preferences. Anyway, I highly recommend it.

I utterly adore this name, and have ever since I read The [name]Little[/name] [name]Princess[/name] as a child ([name]Sara[/name] is the name of the heroine). It is beautiful in a reserved way, unusual and an absolute classic.

The only problem that I can possibly envisage would be it being mistaken for a ‘yooneek’ spelling of [name]Sarah[/name], but this could easily be corrected and it is hardly the worst mistake.

I always thought they were said differently. [name]Sarah[/name]- Sear-uh
[name]Sara[/name]- sar-rah. I actually prefer [name]Seraphine[/name] to both.

I love the sound of [name]Sara[/name] and like it best with out the “h”. Growing up there were quite a few [name]Sara[/name]'s so that’s probably why it’s not on my list. I do love the spelling [name]Sera[/name] and [name]Serra[/name] which have different meanings but sound the same.

I love it without the “H”, I have a daughter, [name]Savanna[/name], and also chose to spell her name without the traditional “H”… I juts dont get having letters on the end of a name, when they are not pronounced. It makes the names much simpler and classier in my opinion I dunno why… they just do.

You can’t go wrong with [name]Sara[/name], it’s a timeless classic.

I do think that [name]Sara[/name] is very pretty, but I personally prefer the classic Biblical [name]Sarah[/name].

I guess that if a name is historically spelled with an h, I prefer it with the h, and if the h is a spelling variation, such as with [name]Norah[/name], I prefer it without the h.

Either way, I think that [name]Sarah[/name]/[name]Sara[/name] is a lovely name.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

It’s always been a favourite of mine.

I agree [name]Sarah[/name] is a different name to [name]Sara[/name] with [name]Sara[/name] having the long Sah and quick [name]Ra[/name].

I love [name]Sara[/name], and would choose this spelling if it were on my list (it’s the name of my DH’s high school love!).

As for pronunciation, I don’t hear a difference between [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Sara[/name], but in my mind there is a clear difference, like the difference between [name]Kaitlyn[/name] and [name]Caitlin[/name]. There isn’t a phonetic difference, but a mental one, if that makes any sense at all! :slight_smile:

It’s so beautiful and has a precious meaning, but oh so popular.

I was born [name]Sara[/name] but changed it to [name]Sarah[/name] when I was 8 to be more like my idol, [name]Farrah[/name] (no joke).

I then stuck with [name]Sarah[/name] because it was by far the more common spelling as I was growing up.

To me, the pronunciation is the same for both.

I will say this, regardless of how you spell it, people will spell it wrong at least half of the time.

[name]Sara[/name] does feel fresher and more current to me than [name]Sarah[/name], for some reason.

Whichever way it is spelled, it is a great name, so classic, and men in particular have always told me how much they like my name!

I know it’s not the classical version, but I love [name]Sara[/name]! It just seems so pretty, and fresher than [name]Sarah[/name].

[name]Sara[/name] to me is just OK. Nothing wrong with it and it ages well it just not that exciting.