WDYT of these combos? :)

I was the playing “If you had 20 kids” game on the [name]Baby[/name] Name Games board and wondered what the 'berries would think of my combos. They were mostly made up on the spot (and some are quite bad, probably) except for the number one girl and boy’s names, those are my current favorites.

BOYS:

1. [name]Declan[/name] [name]James[/name]
  2. [name]Finn[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]
  3. [name]Jude[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
  4. [name]Zane[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]
  5. [name]Owen[/name] [name]Wesley[/name]
  6. [name]Miles[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]
  7. [name]Henry[/name] [name]Ian[/name]
  8. [name]Leo[/name] [name]Samson[/name]
  9. [name]Kellen[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
  10. [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Edmund[/name]

GIRLS:

1. [name]Eva[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
  2. [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Clare[/name]
  3. [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
  4. [name]Petra[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
  5. [name]Rhiannon[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
  6. [name]Ailsa[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
  7. [name]Linnea[/name] [name]May[/name]
  8. [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
  9. [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
  10. [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Opal[/name] *[name]Rory[/name], [name]Bea[/name] and [name]Emmy[/name] are triplets :wink:

(P.S judge the names individually, I’m not sure they all go together very well, and the girl triplet combo was just theme-y on a whim and would never really happen, though I like them individually. Ok, get to critiquing!)

I really like your list!

[name]Declan[/name] [name]James[/name]: This is very nice-- I really like [name]Declan[/name].

[name]Finn[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]: I love [name]Finn[/name], though it’s almost too trendy for me. [name]Matthew[/name] is nice, but I much prefer [name]Finn[/name] [name]Matthias[/name] or [name]Finn[/name] [name]Matteo[/name].

[name]Jude[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]: I’ve never really been a fan of [name]Jude[/name], but otherwise it’s a nice combo.

[name]Zane[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]: I don’t like [name]Zane[/name] at all-- it’s trendy, dated, and made-up sounding. [name]Anthony[/name] is nice.

[name]Owen[/name] [name]Wesley[/name]: I like both names, but I’m not sure how well they go together.

[name]Miles[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]: Neither names blow me away, but it’s a nice combo.

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Ian[/name]: I love [name]Henry[/name], but the y-I transition is bad. What about [name]Henry[/name] [name]John[/name] or [name]Henry[/name] [name]Evan[/name]?

[name]Leo[/name] [name]Samson[/name]: I love [name]Leo[/name], but I much prefer [name]Samuel[/name] to [name]Samson[/name].

[name]Kellen[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]: I don’t like [name]Kellen[/name]; it’s surnamey and trendy. [name]Thomas[/name] is very nice.

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Edmund[/name]: I really like this one!!

[name]Eva[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]: I love it; it’s gorgeous!

[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Clare[/name]: This one is lovely too!

[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Jane[/name]: I really like this, though I’m not sure how useable [name]Clementine[/name] is. I think I prefer [name]Jane[/name] [name]Clementine[/name].

[name]Petra[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]: [name]Petra[/name] is very nice and unexpected. This is a pretty combo.

[name]Rhiannon[/name] [name]Violet[/name]: It flows well, but I prefer [name]Violet[/name] to [name]Rhiannon[/name] as a name. [name]Violet[/name] [name]Rhiannon[/name] would be lovely.

[name]Ailsa[/name] [name]Kate[/name]: I really like [name]Ailsa[/name], but [name]Kate[/name] is too insubstantial and I don’t think it goes well with [name]Ailsa[/name]. What about [name]Ailsa[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Ailsa[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name], or [name]Ailsa[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]?

[name]Linnea[/name] [name]May[/name]: I love [name]Linnea[/name] a lot. The combo is sort of rhymey, but that’s okay. [name]Linnea[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] would be nice.

[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]: I like this, though [name]Aurora[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] don’t really excite me.

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]: I’ve never been a huge fan of [name]Beatrix[/name] (and I really dislike [name]Ruby[/name]) but there’s nothing really wrong with the combo.

[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Opal[/name]: Same with [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]. It’s nice, but not really my favorite.

My favorites on your list are [name]Declan[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]Finn[/name] [name]Matthew[/name], [name]Eva[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name], and [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Clare[/name] but really they’re all nice. :slight_smile:

What’s the game board?

Thanks! Those four that you mentioned are my absolute favorites, the others were just kind of improvised, testing out combos with names I like. I’m pretty sure I’m gonna have a [name]Declan[/name] and a [name]Eva[/name]/[name]Eve[/name]/something similar (haven’t decided yet which I like best, girls names are so much harder) and if I have more than one of each, [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name]. :slight_smile: Unless the names get top 50, then I will be sad. :frowning:

Boys: I like #1, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10 as is. #2 [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Matthew[/name] don”t get along [name]IMO[/name]. Same with #4 and 7. #8 I just don”t like and #9 [name]Kellan[/name] sounds not so appealing.
Girls: [name]Just[/name] don”t like #1, 2, 3, 4, 7”#6 confuses me. I loooooove #8. #5 is great and #9 is so-so. #10 is good.
Faves: [name]Declan[/name] & [name]Finn[/name] separately. [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Petra[/name], and [name]AURORA[/name] [name]PEARL[/name]!