WDYT of these names?

What are your throughs on Berlioz, Midas & Hermès ?

2 Likes

I looooove Berlioz though I must admit I considered if for a kittyboy since my first thought is the Aristocats. But I understand he was also a composer for which the character was named. Midas is strong yet soft sounding and seems the most “usable” to me. I really like it. When I see [name_m]Hermes[/name_m] my first thought is the brand so that’s not my favorite. It’s not unusable just a bit too tied to a brand for my liking.

1 Like

Thanks for your opinion!

I love Berlioz too and don’t mind the Aristocats association even [name_m]Toulouse[/name_m] is on my list :blush:

I may be a bit weird but i love a lot of brand names and would use them all :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not weird at all! [name_f]My[/name_f] style is just different! [name_u]Marie[/name_u] is one of my top girl names haha. I love [name_m]Toulouse[/name_m] too, just not for a child of mine. [name_f]Chanel[/name_f] is a brand name I like as a person name! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha thanks!

I looove [name_u]Marie[/name_u] in the Aristocats but it’s not my style so it doesn’t get a place on my list :pensive:

Chanel(nn Coco) is definitely my favourite brand name(and brand)!

[name_m]Valentino[/name_m], [name_m]Cartier[/name_m], [name_u]Dior[/name_u], [name_f]Dolce[/name_f], Prada, [name_m]Hermes[/name_m], [name_f]Sephora[/name_f], [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] and [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f] are just some of the ones I like

1 Like

This is an interesting selection! I love [name_m]Toulouse[/name_m], [name_u]Coco[/name_u] and [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] :blue_heart:

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is Midas. The legend behind it is pretty heavy but I think in terms of sound, it’s very on-trend, with the similarity to names like [name_m]Silas[/name_m], [name_u]Miles[/name_u] and [name_u]Atlas[/name_u]. It feels like a bold but wearable choice.

Hermès reminds me too strongly of the brand, especially with the accent. [name_m]Hermes[/name_m] pronounced the usual [name_f]English[/name_f] way would be similar to Midas for me: bold and dramatic, but wearable.

I have quite a strong and specific association with the name Berlioz because I have a background studying Russian and it’s the name of a character in my favourite Russian novel, Master and [name_f]Margarita[/name_f]. Unfortunately, the character dies in quite a gruesome way so I can’t get past the association at all!

1 Like

Funny that we like different names for children from the Aristocats! I really like [name_u]Dior[/name_u] from your list!!

1 Like

Thank you I’ll take it as a compliment :joy::heart:

My favourite is also Midas atm, although the legend is pretty heavy i don’t imagine a little midas to be vain or greedy, instead having learnt from Midas’ lesson. I also love Greek Mythology and will start studying Classical Studies soon! So there are definitely a lot of Greek influences in the names i like

I agree it’s definitely on trend with the sounds going around right now! I like it because it wouldn’t feel too out of place in a modern setting

I’m glad you think Hermes is usable in english! It’s a name we’re strongly considering for our first boy, but will likely be called both Hermès and Hermes since our families are French and our friends English!

Hermès would probably only be said in the privacy of our home or when with family so i don’t think the brand association would bother me too much in that case

And that’s really interesting! I’ve never read Master and Margarita so i don’t have this association to compare it to! Do you think people will think of this character if the name Berlioz is mentioned?
I’ll have to do some research and possibly read the book if i can find it in english

1 Like

Thanks! And it is pretty funny :joy:

1 Like

I think if they’ve read the book, they will probably make the connection, but I’m guessing the Aristocats connection is probably stronger for most!

1 Like

Berlioz is intriguing and cool, Midas is sharp and interesting and i like the flow of [name_m]Hermes[/name_m] (though it does remind me of the delivery company :grin:)

1 Like

Thanks i hadn’t thought about that for hermes!

1 Like