WDYT of this sister sibset?

What do you think of a pair of girls names Landree [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Monroe[/name] Laycee (I know many will dislike the creative spelling of Laycee but my twin’s name is [name]Lacey[/name] and my husband’s sister’s name is [name]Lacy[/name] so i didn’t want to pick between those spellings. And i dislike the [name]Lacie[/name] spelling.)

I am sorry, I really dislike both. Landree (spelled [name]Landry[/name]) is a traditional Cajun male name to me. [name]Monroe[/name] has a very masculine sound. I went to school with a [name]Monroe[/name], who was a guy, and I cannot really see it on a girl. I thought it was a heavy name to have, even for him. [name]Lacy[/name] is the most feminine of the bunch, but I really dislike the spelling, Laycee just looks mispelled to me. Sorry.

Sorry, I don’t like either name, especially [name]Monroe[/name]. It sounds way too masculine, even with a feminine middle name (which most of the time would probably not be used). [name]Lacey[/name] is okay and I love [name]Kate[/name].

I get [name]Monroe[/name], thanks to [name]Marilyn[/name] [name]Monroe[/name], but I still don’t like it as a first name. [name]Landry[/name] sounds feminine to me, but I know it’s a masculine name. Neither are horrible names, just not my style. [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Lacey[/name] are sweet, but the [name]Lacee[/name] spelling does look misspelled. [name]Lace[/name] (as in the feminine fabric) could make a cute alternative middle name, I’ve never seen it done before. What do you think of [name]Marilyn[/name] [name]Kate[/name] or [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Lace[/name]?

I like the suggestion of [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Lace[/name]. Very elegant.

Instead of [name]Lacee[/name], why not try Laycie? :slight_smile:

I think both Landry (regardless of the way you spell it) and Monroe sound super masculine and aren’t fitting for little girls. Lacey isn’t too bad spelled this way, but I don’t like any other spelling variation. I’d prefer to see just Lace, to any of the Lacey variants.

A couple of suggestions…what about Alexandrie Kate (give her a more sophisticated and feminine name, but call her Landrie?) in place of Landree, and rather than Monroe, something like Morgana Lace?

If your husband’s sister is [name]Lacy[/name], I would go [name]Lace[/name], or [name]Lily[/name], or another L name altogether. Or [name]Alice[/name], or similar.

I would probably use a different L name than Landree. It sounds masculine and reads like Laundry. I would seriously think about [name]Leonie[/name], [name]Laurel[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Leora[/name], [name]Lila[/name], [name]Lilith[/name], [name]Leigh[/name], etc.

There’s a ton of beautiful L names for girls.

[name]Kate[/name] is very pretty. I fully support [name]Kate[/name].

Good luck!

Yikes! I didn’t know these would get such a negative response!
Some of you have been saying my spelling of lacey would be [name]Lacee[/name]- but I had posted it would be Laycee

I do like the suggestion of Laycie

I am pretty stuck on [name]Landry[/name] as I have considered it for a boy, but it sounded too feminine to me. It is also similar to my name- [name]Lindsey[/name] which i like.

As for [name]Monroe[/name] Im not completely stuck on it though i do [name]LOVE[/name] the nn [name]Roe[/name]!

Oh and how do you pronounce [name]Leonie[/name]? (I would say lee-awn-E) But is it [name]LEE[/name]-O-nee?

I do like this name- but it is not common around here and if my husband hasn’t heard it before he is usually reluctant to want to use it.

[name]LEE[/name]-o-nee. I like that name and it’s quite unusual in the US.

To me, Landree is very boyish while [name]Monroe[/name] is extremely feminine. I actually [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Monroe[/name] very much, it’s one of my tops as well, and it makes me sad that everyone is hating on it. I think it’s a great namesake, and great name! I have a bad experience with a boy named Landree and I could never get over it, so I don’t know if I could give a true opinion, but I think I wouldn’t like it on either gender regardless. I think the two full names sound cool together, but I can’t get over how weird Landree and [name]Monroe[/name] are together.

I prn it [name]Lee[/name]-O-nee, for [name]Lee[/name]-on-nee I might try Leony, but that looks kind of masculine. Maybe that’s me being crazy, though.

I’ve usually heard it [name]LEE[/name]-o-nee or the French [name]LAY[/name]-o-nee.

I like that it’s spunky and cute but with some character to it. I also like [name]Leona[/name].

I like [name]Leora[/name] (lee-or-ah) as well but around here (Australia) people kept saying “just use [name]Leonie[/name]!” because it’s a more widely known name, though still not trendy or up-and-coming.