WDYT of Willa?

It means "resolute protection.’’ It’s a less popular alternative to the much more common name [name_u]Willow[/name_u].

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Willow[/name_u]. I like the nature connection and the strong O sound. [name_f]Willa[/name_f] feels very old fashioned to me.

2 Likes

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] is such a spunky upbeat name she feels strong and vibrant.

I do prefer [name_u]Willow[/name_u] just because I’m a sucker for botanical names and love the whimsical imagery of [name_u]Willow[/name_u].

[name_u]Free[/name_u] and charming

I loveeeee [name_f]Willa[/name_f]!

I love [name_f]Willa[/name_f]!

I like both [name_u]Willow[/name_u] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f] but these days I favor [name_f]Willa[/name_f] as a first name and [name_u]Willow[/name_u] as a middle, even given their similarity I don’t actually relate the two in my head for some reason. [name_f]Willa[/name_f] seems like an elegant, well read, old soul presenting herself in off white colored silk and pearls over champagne. This is what I think of when I see [name_f]Willa[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Willa[/name_f], it has a old fashioned but slightly modern vibe. I think it’s an underused gem.

I love [name_f]Willa[/name_f] with all my heart!

Sadly, not a name my husband likes in the slightest.

I adore Willa!

I love willa!! such a pretty name :slight_smile:

[name_m]Even[/name_m] though [name_f]Willa[/name_f] fits my usual style, I prefer [name_u]Willow[/name_u]. I can’t pinpoint it, but I find [name_u]Willow[/name_u] softer and I love the connection it has with a [name_u]Willow[/name_u] tree.

1 Like

I like it. It has history and is sweet, perhaps a bit too much for me. It lacks a bit of oomph, which is why I prefer [name_f]Wilma[/name_f]. However, it’s easy to see why this name appeals. It’s definitely a great alternative to [name_u]Willow[/name_u].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it and prefer it to [name_u]Willow[/name_u]!

Really enjoy [name_f]Willa[/name_f] these days. While I like the imagery of [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_f]Willa[/name_f] speaks to me on a different level.

If I didn’t have a friend named [name_u]Will[/name_u] and a ton of [name_m]Williams[/name_m] in the family, I would totally use it

I love [name_f]Willa[/name_f]! It has a great meaning, and for me it has a positive association through author [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Cather[/name_f]. I much prefer it over [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_u]Willow[/name_u] just seems a little overused in my opinion. I also like [name_f]Wilma[/name_f]!