WDYT of

[name]Leah[/name]?
I think it is pretty, but afraid it sounds dated and a little boring (plus it is popular).

Also, how would you pronounce [name]Laia[/name]? [name]Lee[/name]-ah, [name]Lay[/name]-ah or Lye-ah?

[name]Hi[/name] there! I think [name]Leah[/name] is pretty, and while it once sounded fresh to me, I have to agree that it sounds kind of dated to me now. :frowning:

I would pronounce [name]Laia[/name] “Lye-uh” or “[name]Lay[/name]-uh,” but not [name]Lee[/name]-uh.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks, [name]Jill[/name]. Such a shame because I do think it is pretty. Still a contender :slight_smile:

I love the way “[name]Leia[/name]” (as in [name]Princess[/name]) is pronounced, but don’t love the [name]Princess[/name] association. Also, all those vowels together look weird to me! Everything else ([name]Laia[/name], [name]Laya[/name], [name]Leya[/name]) just looks weird and made up.

I think it’s pretty, too, and if you love it, you should use it! :slight_smile:

I’m due in a few months w girl number 3, and we’re sort of in a deadlock right now between 3 names, [name]Leah[/name] being one of them. It’s my first choice. I really love it. Some might think it sounds a little dated, but you don’t hear it often today and it has such a beautiful sound. Another we’re considering in [name]Lilah[/name] (pronounced LYE-lah). Another option!
Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I would say [name]Lee[/name] ah but wouldn’t use it.

[name]Alicia[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name] you get the [name]Leah[/name] at the end.

Well, because I was an Ancient [name]History[/name] student, I would prn [name]Laia[/name] the Ancient Greek way ‘LYE-a’

I’d pronounce it “[name]Lee[/name]-ah” (although it could confuse). A friend used this recently and I was surprised by how fresh and feminine it sounded, and I suspect it’s less trendy here in the UK than [name]Lilah[/name] and its variations. [name]Both[/name] lovely names, but then I am an L-name fan!

Personally, I think [name]Leah[/name] is lovely. It’s common around here but not overly popular. In my mind it’s classified with [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Rebecca[/name], etc. Definitely a timeless, classic name. After all, it is Biblical.

Perhaps the [name]Lea[/name] or [name]Lia[/name] spellings feel fresher to you?

(By the by, I would pronounce [name]Laia[/name] as Lye-ah.)

What about [name]Leila[/name] or [name]Lena[/name]? [name]Both[/name] are beautiful.

[name]Leah[/name]'s a great name! It’s attractive but subtle, and although it’s more popular than it used to be, it’s not as trendy as some of the other currently fashionable L-names (most of which I like, for the record). As far as the whole [name]Princess[/name] [name]Leia[/name] thing, I’m on a mission to promote [name]Linnea[/name] as a nice alternative to it, though the [name]Lynn[/name] sound might not appeal to you. :slight_smile:

Thanks, everyone! [name]Leah[/name] is a pretty name, and I’ll keep it in contention. (One other thing that bothers me, though, is the meaning: weary).
I have never liked the spelling [name]Lea[/name] before, but I think it is growing on me. But then she will probably have to deal with people misspelling her name her whole life.

I also love lots of the “L” names - [name]Lila[/name], [name]Leila[/name] and [name]Lily[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you think these names are trendier than [name]Leah[/name]?

What about middle names for [name]Leah[/name] or [name]Lily[/name]? I think they need a longer, classic, regal name - like [name]Catherine[/name], but I don’t love [name]Catherine[/name].

I really like [name]Leah[/name] and honestly haven’t met that many in my life time. [name]Laia[/name] I would pronounce as [name]Lay[/name]-ah. Interesting enough I also thought that [name]Leia[/name] would be pronounced as [name]Lay[/name]-ah as well but I found this http://www.babynamer.com/[name]Leia[/name] where it is pronounced as [name]Lee[/name]-ah.
Lei is pronounced [name]Lay[/name] so hmmm idk : /
I like the spelling [name]Lia[/name] as in [name]Rosalia[/name]. Of course my name is [name]Lisa[/name], drop the “s” and there you go.

Between [name]Leah[/name], [name]Lila[/name], and [name]Lily[/name], my favorite is [name]Lila[/name]. It’s destined for popularity, but at the moment, [name]Lily[/name] feels the most trendy to me. (I think all three are very pretty, though.) :slight_smile:

[name]Leah[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Leah[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Leah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Leah[/name] [name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Leah[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Leah[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Leah[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

[name]Lila[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Rosabelle[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] (popular, though)
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Winifred[/name]

[name]Lily[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]

I love the name [name]Leah[/name], it is on my shortlist of favorites. I dont think that it will ever be wildly popular like [name]Emily[/name] for example. In my opinion it isn’t a dated name either, its much more timeless to me. I like to pronounce it [name]Lee[/name]-ah but I also like [name]Lay[/name]-ah. No matter what its a beautiful and classy name :slight_smile:

Thanks, all!
[name]Jill[/name], I love the suggestions of [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name]. I also really like [name]Maribel[/name].

I’m so glad you found some combos you liked, Bklyn!

[name]Leah[/name] is beautiful, and not dated at all in my opinion! [name]Jill[/name]'s combinations are lovely, too.

[name]Leia[/name] would be pronounced lay-uh, but I think you’d have to be prepared for a lot of [name]Star[/name] Wars connections ([name]Princess[/name] [name]Leia[/name] - I think, I haven’t seen any of the films). It is very pretty though, and a good alternative to [name]Leah[/name].

I know a Leaia, prn just like [name]Leah[/name]. I love it! I would prn [name]Laia[/name] lay-uh. While [name]Leah[/name] is popular, I wouldn’t consider it dated just yet.