WDYT? Shuffling ideas around in my head....

Option #1: Audefleda (OWDah-FLEH-dah -French, Od-Fled-dah-German)) for a girl. Composed of Germanic adal “noble” and Old English flæd “beauty”. Famous bearer is Audefleda [name_f]Princess[/name_f] of Franks.

Nickname option include: [name_u]Audie[/name_u], [name_f]Auda[/name_f], [name_u]Del[/name_u], [name_f]Della[/name_f], [name_f]Fleda[/name_f], Flee, Flea (flee-ah), [name_f]Eda[/name_f],
[name_u]Ede[/name_u] (Ay-duh), [name_f]Edie[/name_f], [name_f]Uda[/name_f], Udela and [name_f]Udella[/name_f]

Option #2: Adelrune ([name_m]AH[/name_m]-del-roon), for a girl. Composed of the Germanic elements adal meaning “noble, elegant” and run meaning “secret” (or also perhaps ‘charm, appeal’). I couldn’t find any famous bearers. Nicknames: [name_f]Adele[/name_f], [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_u]Dell[/name_u], [name_f]Della[/name_f], [name_f]El[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f] Elrune, Elruna, Elrunia ([name_f]El[/name_f]-Roon-ee-ah), Runi, Roonie, Runia (roon-ee-ah), and Runa

IMHO, each name sparkles in its own way and each have more nicknames than you can shake a stick at… [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is leaning toward Adelrune. I want to pair one of these names with the Cornish name, Morvoren (mermaid). I haven’t decided what will be the first or the middle name, yet.
I’m just shuffling things around in my head, so please help me out.
Give me your opinions or suggestions!

I really like the meaning behind both names, but I personally prefer Adelrune mainly because of pronunciation and I just like the look of it better. I had a hard time trying to pronounce Audefleda the first couple of times. Interesting choices!

I like that with either choice,the meanings pair well with Morvoren. I had to do some research on how to correctly pronounce Audefleda, and I chose the [name_m]French[/name_m] way over the [name_m]German[/name_m] Oh-deh-fleda… Once you get it, it rolls of the tongue pretty easily, but Your right Adelrune does look better aesthetically. I keep connecting Audefleda to audio.

Adelrune is exquisite. Audefleda is a little harder to say, and the “ow” syllable doesn’t ring as lovely to me, but both are unique in the best sense.

Thanks for the reply, I’m adjusting to the awduh sound in Audefleda too. It wears on you after awhile, in a good way. I think Adelrune is AmaaaZing too !!

I love the [name_f]Aud[/name_f]- sound in names, but Audefleda is not the one I would choose… I have Audovera (Audovére) on my lists which I think is much more appealing, sonically speaking. Audefleda is interesting, but for me not nearly interesting enough to surpass it’s clunky awkwardness.

I was surprised to find I have Adelrune on my list XD The list is sort of long so it makes sense that there are names there I’m not fully aware of. I think the style is a little too clunky and Germanic to me, too close to home also. And I have a special relationship to [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], so Adelrune probably won’t ever be considered.

I like the -rune element. Some of my favourite Nordic names have that, although it’s usually spelled -run. Audrun is a favourite but also Solrun (sounds much nicer than it looks, you can listen here). And I like Eirunn but it doesn’t have the same element, it’s composed of [name_f]Eir[/name_f]- (protection, linked to [name_f]Eir[/name_f], goddess of healing) and -unn (wave or love).

With Morvoren, I like Morvoren Adelrune the most. Audefleda Morvoren is the best combination og the two, but I’m not charmed at all…
Audovera would be more troublesome with Morvoren [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. Too many similar sounds.

I love the idea of using Morvoren Adelrune Esclarmond -which would mean: Mermaid-[name_m]Noble[/name_m] Secrete-[name_u]Bright[/name_u] and Clear Protection…

Your right Solrunn does sounds pretty, but I think it would be hard to convince people that their is a d in the annunciation.

Thanks for your replies!