We found a middle name! Now first name

It gives me both a rugged and spunky vibe like [name_m]Knox[/name_m], and an elegant Italian vibe like [name_u]Lucca[/name_u] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], and because of that I think it’s the best way to bridge the sibset, making no one feel left out!

Any progress on choosing his name?

rocco salvadore is great! although i prefer the name crew, both are lovely :heart:

I prefer [name_u]Rocco[/name_u]!

I think they all have European flair and feel fun. Whereas for me [name_m]Crew[/name_m] feels really stylistically different. Maybe if it was [name_u]Cruz[/name_u] to keep the European flair but [name_m]Crew[/name_m] just doesn’t work that well.

Really? [name_m]Even[/name_m] knox? We did end up going with rocco but im still like ehh is it too much italian compared to knox

i prefer rocco with your other childrens names :))

We chose rocco but im still wondering if its too much italian with lucca and sophia, making knox stick out

1 Like

I think it works of course [name_m]Knox[/name_m] is Scottish however I think he feels stylish and has a sleek European flair to me he feels similar to [name_u]Axel[/name_u] which Is Scandinavian so in my mind I have this European Scandi image for [name_m]Knox[/name_m]. I think of ski resorts, ice glaciers and mountainous snowy sceneries. With this in mind I think [name_m]Knox[/name_m] totally works with European inspired choices which your sibling set is. Also your sibling set [name_u]Lucca[/name_u], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_m]Knox[/name_m] & [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] feels very fashionable. I know lots of little boys who have no Italian ancestry named Luca/Lucca and all the girls I know called [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] are completely [name_f]English[/name_f] so for me even though they are Italian they do not feel overtly Italian. I’d understand the concern if it was Giancomo, [name_f]Constantia[/name_f], [name_u]Finley[/name_u] & [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] of course the Gaelic [name_u]Finley[/name_u] will standout in a very overtly Italian sibling set but yours feels very different. I think [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] is great! Good luck with it all

1 Like

I wouldn’t over think it! [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] is so international now I hardly think of it as italian, and [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] doesn’t really scream “italian” at me either. I just think of the dystopian book of the same name (which I love!) [name_u]Lucca[/name_u] kinda does but only with that spelling, if I only heard it I wouldn’t pin it as italian. So I don’t think [name_m]Knox[/name_m] stands out. But I also doubt a kid will feel “left out” because their name has different origins to their siblings’. It might come up in conversation once or twice but it would hardly cause an ongoing issue. If you otherwise like [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] and it suits your child, don’t worry about it.

Congrats! I really genuinely think it is not too much. [name_u]Lucca[/name_u] & [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] strike me as a distinctly Italian pair, but with the PH spelling I think Greek when I see [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]. So overall the whole set reads very international and balanced to me.

ETA: And when I say the names aloud, I notice how all three boys have the punchy hard-K sound in their names. They sound so good together! I agree also with the PP who noted the shared vowel sound in [name_m]Knox[/name_m] and [name_u]Rocco[/name_u], they really do sound like brothers to me.

you think it is noticeable enough to be brought up in conversation by them?

I can’t imagine anyone noting a very subtle trend in sibling names except us Nameberry forum people :joy:

1 Like

By the children themselves? I doubt it. More like, because you’ve thought about it so much you might bring it up at some point and you’ll say “oh I was so worried about [name_m]Knox[/name_m] having different origins to his siblings’ names” and he’ll be like “I don’t care, mom!” And that will be that, lol. Maybe he’ll feel unique :wink: but I can’t imagine it’ll cause like life-long trauma or anything.