We have decided!

After much contemplation, we have chosen a name for our fourth child, who is due this [name_f]April[/name_f]:

Truett [name_m]Steven[/name_m] B0wen

will be joining siblings [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] “[name_u]Rory[/name_u]”, [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] “Bash”, and [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] “[name_m]Rad[/name_m]”.

We anticipate calling him “[name_u]True[/name_u]”- it feels very natural for us. While we know that the [name_m]Steven[/name_m] B0wen combination isn’t ideal, our kids have family middle names and the significance trumps the less than perfect rhythm.

The name Truett really took us by surprise. I had seen it multiple times before, but one day it jumped out at me. While I find lots of names interesting and jot them down to run by my husband, this one caused me to wake up my sleeping husband, call several friends to get their opinion, and do lots of internet research. We just couldn’t shake it! Although stylistically some consider it different than his sibilings’ names, it fits our main requirements:
A recognizable name with history that’s still unexpected and interesting. It has compelling nicknames and ages well.

Thanks to everyone who weighed in and made suggestions over the past couple months! I’ll be sure to update the birth announcement page when he’s here this spring :slight_smile:

Congratulations, I think it is a great name and the nn fits well with your other children.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :slight_smile:

Congrats! Truett nn [name_m]Tru[/name_m]/[name_u]True[/name_u] is very cool. I love your other kids’ names too! Good luck :slight_smile:

Yay! I was hoping this would be the name you picked - thanks for the update!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it!! Nicely done. I also sacrificed flow to use a family middle name as it was much more important to me. Wise choice!

Best of luck and congrats on finding that perfect name!

Congratulations! I was rooting for Truett and I’m glad to see it being used. I wish you a relaxing, healthy, rest of your pregnancy!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! Fantastic choice!

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! Now we’re just looking forward to meeting him :slight_smile:

Congrats! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the subset and Truett 'true’is so adorable, I am a sucker for ett names! Modern, but still really unique. Great choice. Xx good luck , hope all goes well!

rie

Congrats on deciding on the perfect name for your new little one!

Congrats! Truett [name_m]Steven[/name_m] is a wonderful name. Blessings!

Yay! I absolutely [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name Truett/[name_u]True[/name_u]. It’s definitely unique, but not to “weird” which I really like. I think it goes well with the names of your other children. :slight_smile: Congrats!

Congrats on your Chosen Name! I think the flow is fine with all three names. Wonderful choice for his siblings names. They all seem to go together! Well done.