Wednesday is name day

Having compassion on my husband we discuss names on [name]Wednesday[/name] evening for about 30 min. This gives me a chance to run things by him and he in turn has to participate. This way it’s something we do together and I don’ bring the topic up all the time, although this is still hard :).

I would love to know what you would add to our current list and combos.

My dh prefers names that are ultra feminine for daughters (which excludes names directly linked to male names ex. the lovely [name]Josephine[/name] is too close to [name]Joseph[/name]).

We give our kids 3 names.

Girls
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Elisabetta[/name]/[name]Elsa[/name] nn. [name]Elsie[/name] or [name]Betsy[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name] (his favorite, I think it’s too popular but I do really like it)
[name]Juliet[/name]/[name]Julia[/name]/[name]Julianna[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Adelais[/name]
[name]Luciana[/name]/[name]Lucia[/name]

my current name crush: [name]Carolina[/name] or Karoleena (I saw this spelling in a children’s book I loved as a little girl).

Boys
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Ezekiel[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]

dh recently suggested [name]Nathaniel[/name] (not my favorite but I like the meaning and the nn. [name]Nate[/name])

So what would you suggest? what combos?

Let’s see…
[name]Felicity[/name] – Ooh, this is beautiful. Soft and spunky.
[name]Elisabetta[/name] – So glamorous! And [name]Betsy[/name] is a lovely nickname choice – sweet and intuitive.
[name]Elsa[/name] – This is cute! Perhaps a bit short…
[name]Sophia[/name] – I agree; too popular. Prefer [name]Sophie[/name], which is less common in the United States, at least.
[name]Juliet[/name]/[name]Julia[/name]/[name]Julianna[/name] – I really like [name]Juliet[/name], though the [name]Juliette[/name] spelling is more feminine and less self-consciously literary. [name]Julia[/name] is a real favorite of mine: lovely, warm, classic. [name]Julianna[/name] feels very country to me, and a little bit plain.
[name]Jessamine[/name] – Wonderful. Due to the similarity to [name]Jasmine[/name], this reads as slightly more modern than the other names on this list – even though I know it’s pretty old!
[name]Adelais[/name] – I like this; it’s ornate and medieval. Pronunciation is probably going to be an issue: technically, this is [name]Ad[/name]élaïs – those diacritical marks really help, and they’re not widely used in English.
[name]Luciana[/name]/[name]Lucia[/name] – Not favorites of mine; prefer just [name]Lucy[/name].
[name]Carolina[/name] – This spelling is very nice. A few Americans will probably mispronounce this is as the name of the state(s), but the pronunciation you want is reasonably intuitive and most people shouldn’t have much trouble.
All of your boys’ names are wonderful! ([name]Nathaniel[/name] included.)
I’m not great at combos but I’ll try a few: [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name] [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Adelais[/name] [name]Julia[/name] [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Jessamine[/name] [name]Carolina[/name] [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Peter[/name].

I like [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] from your girl’s list. Have you considered [name]Sonia[/name]? Sounds similar to [name]Sophia[/name], but is much less popular. I think it’s a really pretty name. I love all of your boys names! My husband isn’t as big a fan of [name]Nathanael[/name], but I love all the easy nick names like [name]Nat[/name], [name]Nate[/name], [name]Natty[/name], etc. (I mostly like [name]Natty[/name] because it is Hawkeye’s given name from the Last of the Mohicans.)

Oh, I missed [name]Elsa[/name]! I really like it too!

biademdici how would you pronounce [name]Adelais[/name] given the diacritical marks? The only form of [name]Adelaide[/name] that my dh likes is the name pronounced [name]Ad[/name]-ul-lay

Roughly, it’s “ah-[name]DAY[/name]-LIE-ees.” The accent over the e turns it into an “ay” sound, and the accent on the “i” is a diaeresis which instructs you to insert a sort of “y” sound in between the two vowels (as in Maëlys, which is pronounced something like “maya-lees”). It’s a really, really beautiful name, but very complicated to pronounce.

so not getting a lot of feedback so I’ll throw out some combos myself…

[name]Adelais[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Simone[/name] or [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Simone[/name] [name]Adelais[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]/[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Elisabetta[/name] [name]Lucia[/name]/[name]Luciana[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]

what would you add? Including new names to the list?

was also thinking that [name]Carolina[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] _________is darling

whit32 I appreciate the comments too. I have a cousin named [name]Sonia[/name] so it’s just a little to close for use.

My personal favorites from your list are [name]Felicity[/name] and [name]Ezekiel[/name].

[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Ezekiel[/name] [name]Peter[/name] [name]Tobias[/name] (or maybe [name]Ezekiel[/name] [name]Peter[/name] [name]Jude[/name]?)

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] and [name]Jessamine[/name]! [name]Peter[/name], [name]Ezekiel[/name], and [name]Nathaniel[/name] are favorites, too.

Perhaps [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Zachariah[/name]?

I love all of the names on your girls list! [name]Lovely[/name]! Especially [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Elisabetta[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], and [name]Jessamine[/name]. I also adore [name]Carolina[/name] pronounce [name]Caro[/name]-[name]LEENa[/name] as well. :slight_smile:

Here are some suggestions:
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Katerina[/name]
[name]Natasha[/name]
[name]Nadia[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Melina[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]

Boys:
[name]Jeremy[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name]/[name]Mattias[/name]
[name]Michael[/name]
[name]John[/name]/[name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]/[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]/[name]Elias[/name]/[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name]/[name]Jacoby[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Jason[/name]

I love [name]Jessamine[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name], really like [name]Felicity[/name] and [name]Ezekiel[/name], and like most of the others :slight_smile:
My personal favorite triple combo for [name]Tobias[/name] is [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Hugh[/name] [name]Justice[/name]. It’s handsome and manly. I have [name]Jessamyn[/name] [name]Agnes[/name] on my dream list…maybe [name]Jessamine[/name] [name]Agnes[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]?
Best wishes!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Sophie[/name] or [name]Tobin[/name] as variations? :slight_smile:

My daughters name is Adelise pronounced [name]Add[/name]-ah-lees, she gets so many compliments on her name. Her full name is Adelise [name]Rain[/name]. I think Adelise [name]Colette[/name], Adelise [name]Mariah[/name], or Adelise [name]Mae[/name] are all gorgeous too.

[name]Felicity[/name] comes off and on my own list all the time. :slight_smile:

I really adore Karoleena [name]Adelais[/name]. Sounds different and so pretty.

like the flow of [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Arden[/name]…thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

So glad someone likes Karoleena [name]Adelais[/name]…loving that today…

thanks for the sweet comments…really like [name]Melina[/name] but it’s too close to daughters names’.