Well Named Children

Among the [name]Aidan[/name]'s and [name]Jayden[/name]'s, and the [name]Isabella[/name]'s and [name]Nevaeh[/name]'s, I always find it refreshing to meet children with wonderful names. So, I figured I start a thread to list them, and I’ll start with the recent well named kids I met.

For NHS, I was babysitting some teachers’ daughters during conferences. The 3 little girls I met (and yes, of course I asked for their middle names):
[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - almost 5 (told me her sisters are [name]Julianna[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name], ages 10 and 8)
[name]Millie[/name] [name]Grace[/name] - age 6
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name] - age 4 ([name]Millie[/name]'s sister)

I was shocked and glad to see that my teachers have given their kids good names! (Especially after some not so great choices recently from a teacher.)

[name]Feel[/name] free to comment on these, and share your own stories!

Oh how cute is the name [name]Millie[/name] [name]Grace[/name]! I wonder if [name]Millie[/name] is a nickname for [name]Millicent[/name] or even [name]Mildred[/name]? Somehow, it stands on its own! Anyway, that’s my fav. [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Julianna[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name] are a great sibset too! The only one I’m not too crazy about is [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name] which sounds too similar for my taste!

Looking through a yearbook for my school, I found a 5th grade [name]Siobhan[/name]. I was ecstatic to see somebody using the original Irish spelling of that name! I want to meet this [name]Siobhan[/name] just so I can say, “You know what? I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] your name!” I’ve also seen a 2nd grade [name]Gretchen[/name] and a 3rd graders named [name]Alessia[/name] and [name]Corinne[/name]. I’ve seen a lovely sibset, too. They were two sisters, one named [name]Bella[/name] and I think the other one was [name]Sophia[/name] (I’m not quite sure, though). Sure, they’re popular names, but they’re beautiful names that work so well together!

I know a baby [name]Millie[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. Adorable.

I’ve also come across 2 sisters: [name]Harper[/name] and [name]Hadley[/name]. I think they go very nicely together and I love both names!

A friend of mine from college has twin daughters (7 1/2) named [name]Noor[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name]. They both mean light in their respective cultures - and I love that! I think its a great way to name siblings - with similar name meanings or name meanings that go well together. I think its especially refreshing in twins/ multiples, where too many times they are named too similarly.

I know sisters named [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Emily[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]. Gorgeous! :slight_smile:

I know two sisters (that are in high school) named [name]Constance[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name].

There are two families with four girls each in my town. What do you think:
Family 1:
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
Family 2:
[name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Ariana[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name]

I love the first combination! I think all four of those names are beautiful and go perfectly together.
As for the second one, I think it’s kind of mismatched. While [name]Alexandra[/name], [name]Victoria[/name], and [name]Ariana[/name] all end in A’s, [name]Madeleine[/name] doesn’t. I just don’t think they have the flow I like sibling names to have.

I know the following sibling sets:
[name]Hannah[/name], [name]Abigail[/name] nn [name]Abby[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Ella[/name] (ages 14, 12, 10, 7)
[name]Tyler[/name], [name]Ainsley[/name], [name]Chelsea[/name] (24, 19, 15)
[name]Nicholas[/name], [name]Zachary[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Connor[/name] (11, 10, 9, 6)
[name]Margaret[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Nelson[/name] nn [name]Nels[/name], [name]James[/name] (14, 12, 9)
[name]Kristin[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Rachel[/name] (32, 17, 14)
[name]Rebekah[/name], [name]Rachel[/name], [name]Emma[/name] (14, 13, 10)

What do you think of those names together?

My cousin has three children, [name]Warren[/name] [name]Beecher[/name], [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Helene[/name] (nn [name]Mia[/name]), and [name]Eliza[/name]. I don’t know [name]Eliza[/name]'s mn right now. My first reaction to [name]Warren[/name] [name]Beecher[/name] was ‘eew, that’s hideous!’ but it’s grown on me, and I can only assume [name]Beecher[/name] is a family name. Overall I’d say my cousin did a pretty good job at picking names. I admire her style.

A sister of one of my friends just gave birth to little [name]Owen[/name] [name]Matthias[/name]. That’s a name I was actually thinking of choosing for my future little one!

Yesterday I met siblings [name]Claudia[/name], [name]Franklin[/name], and [name]Theodore[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it!

My friend is a photographer and she just took pictures of a little [name]Adah[/name] and [name]Arlo[/name]. Not a fan of the “h” on [name]Ada[/name], but adorable nonetheless.

family friends (from the UK) have b/g twins named [name]Callum[/name] and [name]Jemima[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it!

I was at [name]McDonald[/name]'s [name]Sunday[/name] morning getting my weekly biscuit and gravy & stood in line behind a woman with 2 little boys (five and under) and a pre-teen girl. The boys were [name]Holden[/name] and [name]Hudson[/name] and the girl was [name]Calla[/name]. I didn’t ask their middle names but I was so curious. Anyway…

[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]

These are not names I would chose for my own kids but I liked them and thought they were different without being weird.

My two favorite groups of family names:

[name]Friend[/name]'s family: [name]Lara[/name], [name]Isabella[/name] ("[name]Belle[/name]"), [name]Francesca[/name] ("[name]Chess[/name]"), [name]Amelia[/name] (“Am”)

Family I babysit for: [name]Samuel[/name] ("[name]Sam[/name]"), [name]Lukas[/name], [name]Naomi[/name] (“Nay”), [name]Annina[/name] (“Neen”)

My friend is called [name]Chantelle[/name] with sisters, faith, taryn and [name]Alex[/name].

My friend’s nephew is named [name]Kenneth[/name] (I believe his middle name is [name]Edward[/name] but I’m not sure). There is also a set of siblings I go to school with are [name]Jessamine[/name], [name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Christian[/name].
I don’t know if my boyfriend’s family is well named but they’re a rather large group so I’ll share:
[name]Martin[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Clayton[/name] [name]Charles[/name] [name]Clay[/name]
[name]Leonardo[/name] [name]Garrison[/name] [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name] [name]Dean[/name] [name]Frank[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] Howland
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Jean[/name] [name]Edie[/name]

They also have a cousin named [name]Hal[/name].

I know a little boy named [name]Simon[/name] [name]Jasper[/name]. I think its a lovely name! and he definitely wears it well

I met an [name]Oliver[/name] and a [name]Gabrielle[/name] the other day. [name]Both[/name] adorable and well-named, but I have to admit my favorite well-named child was their playmate [name]Coco[/name]. Yes, just [name]Coco[/name], middle name [name]Sophia[/name]. I never thought I’d like this as much as I did!