Wendell

What do you think? Too outdated (was popular in the 40s)?

1 Like

I don’t think I would personally use it but there was a guy on Survivor names [name_u]Wendell[/name_u] and as soon as I heard it it made me go “huh, that’s a cool name” so I definitely don’t hate it!

I am not a fan, it feels dated and a bit too “country” for my personal style, but, that being said, I’ve never met a kid named [name_u]Wendell[/name_u] and it takes someone reviving it to change that image! With all the other “grandpa” names popular now, it could definitely work.

Not my fave but it has a kind of vintage feel that I could see working

I used to dislike [name_u]Wendell[/name_u], but then I watched Bones and fell in love with [name_u]Wendell[/name_u] [name_u]Bray[/name_u] :sweat_smile:
I’m not sure if it’s dated or not. I don’t live in an [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking country, so I don’t know how [name_u]Wendell[/name_u] would be perceived. It’s not one of my favorites, just because it’s not my style, but I can see it working.

I think [name_u]Wendell[/name_u] has real potential to be such a cool name!

[name_u]Wendell[/name_u] certainly has potential! I quite like it with the nickname Wen or [name_u]Dell[/name_u].

I think [name_u]Wendell[/name_u] is fantastic. Familiar/recognizable and yet not super common. I agree it is ripe for renewal with the popularity of ‘grandpa’ names

hmmm…it’s not a favorite of mine. I’ve never heard someone with name but it doesn’t feel outdated to me.

I don’t personally care for it. For me, it has a bit of a geeky vibe. I prefer stronger names so for others it may be useable

I like it! It’s not very common, at least where I live, but I don’t think anyone would think it was weird. I like the [name_u]Dell[/name_u] nickname possibility too.