We're adopting a girl!

We’ve just received the call that an expectant mom has chosen us as parents for her baby girl, due [name]December[/name] 4. We’re OVER THE [name]MOON[/name]!

My husband [name]Jack[/name] and I have tossed around names for a while now but we’ve decided not to commit until our baby was on his or her way. We want something not terribly trendy (preferably not in the top 50) but not unheard of either.

My top choice is [name]Kenzie[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. My hubby loves it too, but we’re just worried about whether it flows okay with our last name, Cote- pronounced coat-ay. What do you think of [name]Kenzie[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Cote?

[name]Kenzie[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is a really adorable name pairing but when you say the first and last names together (which she will be called more often throughout her life) [name]Kenzie[/name] Cote sounds a bit sing-songy. If you are ok with that, go right ahead.

If not, I’d suggest a name with an “n” sound at the end like [name]Madelyn[/name] or [name]Greyson[/name] or Kacelin (pn [name]Kay[/name] sell lin).

Congrats, btw! :slight_smile:

[name]How[/name] exciting! Congrats! [name]Kenzie[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Cote is a very nice name!

I do think its a bit sing-songy as well. But its certainly not terrible. :slight_smile:

[name]Kenzie[/name] is adorable! I know a 5-year-old with this name, and she is the sweetest little girl! Go for it!

I have always loved [name]Kenzie[/name], but I thought of it as a nicname for [name]Mackenzie[/name]. While I love the flow of [name]Kenzie[/name] [name]Grace[/name], and [name]Kenzie[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Cote, I do not like [name]Kenzie[/name] Cote. Most of the time our middle names are not mentioned, so its more important that it sounds ok without the middle name present. I personally would try to avoid first names that end with the ee sound if that is the last sound of your last name, but thats me.

I feel that [name]Kenzie[/name] is a little cutesy, ie fine for a young child but a little immature for an adult.

I would be giving her a girly name especially with a great name like Cote.

eg [name]Genevieve[/name] Cote

[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Cote
[name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Cote
[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Cote

I dislike [name]Kenzie[/name]. It will NOT age well. What if you use [name]Kenzie[/name] as her nn?

[name]How[/name] about [name]Mackenzie[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Cote nn [name]Kenzie[/name]? I think this will age better than just plain [name]Kenzie[/name], but that’s just me. [name]Kenzie[/name] also reminds me of [name]Kenzo[/name]… Congrats on the news too:)

i belive kenzie is an adorable name! but (and this is an argument that me and hubby have all the time) it that its name that would not be taken as seriously because its cutesy. While it is adorable (and i would underline that!) it should probably be lengthened for a more professional sounding name. in case shes a doctor or lawyer. [name]Just[/name] my opnion though:) good luck!

I agree. I think [name]Kenzie[/name] is adorable for a child under 16, but its kind of hard for me to picture it on a 36 year old. I like [name]MacKenzie[/name] [name]Grace[/name] nn [name]Kenzie[/name] better. Congratulations on the adoption! What a blessing!

[name]Mackenzie[/name] is not my style - I love classic and vintage names, but I like it with your last name a lot more than [name]Kenzie[/name].

Because your last name is Cote, a one-syllable name, I would choose a first name with three syllables. Since you love the name [name]Kenzie[/name], the first name needs to have a charming two-syllable nickname. [name]Love[/name] the middle name [name]Grace[/name] even though it is very popular. But the ideal thing to do would be to choose a two-syllable middle name.
For example:
[name]Miranda[/name] nn [name]Mira[/name] [name]Lily[/name] Cote, but I don’t really like this that much. I think I would do a three-syllable - three syllable - one syllable name with the last name Cote:
[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] Cote or something like that. nn [name]Mira[/name] - this is just an example of a name that I love.
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] Cote - [name]Blythe[/name] is only one syllable, but it really softens Cote. [name]Vivian[/name] nn [name]Vivi[/name] Cote is really cute.
Here are a bunch of ideas in a list:
[name]Eloise[/name] Cote nn [name]Lola[/name] Cote
[name]Georgia[/name] Cote nn [name]Gigi[/name] Cote
[name]Helena[/name] Cote nn [name]Lena[/name] Cote
[name]Iris[/name] Cote - [name]Iris[/name] is only two syllables, but I love it with Cote.
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] Cote
[name]Louisa[/name] Cote nn [name]Lulu[/name] Cote - don’t like this as much as the others.
[name]Lydia[/name] Cote nn Liddy Cote
[name]Miranda[/name] Cote - love it.
[name]Olivia[/name] Cote - popular name, but I love it. nn [name]Livia[/name] Cote.
[name]Paloma[/name] Cote - nn [name]Lola[/name] Cote, elegant!
[name]Talullah[/name] Cote nn [name]Lulah[/name] Cote, so cute.
[name]Veronica[/name] Cote nn [name]Vera[/name] Cote, elegant! [name]Love[/name] it!
[name]Willow[/name] Cote, only two syllables, but I love it.
[name]Winifred[/name] Cote nn [name]Winnie[/name] Cote.
Let me know if you love any of these names and I will think of middle names to go with them. [name]Grace[/name] would work with any of them I think.

Wow! Congratulations!!! :slight_smile: I actually have a dear friend with your last name, and I love the pronunciation.

[name]Kenzie[/name] isn’t my style (I’m a classic/vintage names person), but I can still appreciate names with a modern style. [name]Kenzie[/name] feels like a nickname for [name]Mackenzie[/name] to me, and like others, I personally can’t see it aging well. I can picture a perky little girl named [name]Kenzie[/name], for example, but not a doctor, CEO, or lawyer.

Also, because it’s going to be associated with [name]Mackenzie[/name] (and all of [name]Mackenzie[/name]'s yooneek spellings), I thought I’d mention that the [name]Mac[/name] names are very dated/trendy already, forever associated with the 1990s and first decade of the 2000’s. This may not bother you, but I thought I’d mention it just in case.

Have you thought about using [name]Kenzie[/name] as a nickname for [name]Kennedy[/name] or [name]Kendall[/name]? They’re not the best with Cote, but I think they will age much better.

I think that [name]Grace[/name] is a very pretty name, but it feels a bit like a filler because it’s used so often. (The same thing happened to [name]Rose[/name] in the middle.) I do love it, though. :slight_smile:

I think that longer first names sound wonderful with your last name. :slight_smile:

You may also like:

[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Aveline[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name] (popular, though)
[name]Vivienne[/name]

I can also see [name]Audrey[/name] with Cote.

Names with a modern feel to me like [name]Kenzie[/name]:

[name]Kendall[/name] (and you could still call her [name]Kenzie[/name])
[name]Kennedy[/name] (and you could still call her [name]Kenzie[/name])
[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Connelly[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Emerson[/name]
[name]Flannery[/name]
[name]Jamison[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name] (nn [name]Romy[/name])

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Kenzie[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is cute, but that is about it. I agree that it is adorable on a five-year-old, but when that child gets older, it is just childish. Could you imagine walking into a bank and meeting with a woman named [name]Kenzie[/name]? Or, what if you go to your hospital and your doctor is called [name]Kenzie[/name]?

Naming is not just about picking a name you love; it is about picking a name that has the associations you want for your child, a name she can grow into and make her own, and a name that will make her appear strong, feminine, and successful (insert other adjectives here) to her peers. That being said, though [name]Mackenzie[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Cote sounds very nice, both [name]Mackenzie[/name] (and related names) and [name]Grace[/name] as a middle name are rather dated - they were quite popular in the 1990s. If that is okay with you, then go for it!

However, I think that the suggestion of [name]Genevieve[/name] Cote is absolutely stunning! [name]Genevieve[/name] has great nicknames like [name]Genni[/name] and [name]Evie[/name]. [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Cote would be very nice, too, and [name]Maddie[/name] or [name]Leina[/name] are cute nicknames. Good luck, and congratulations on your adoption! That is very exciting and wonderful news!

While [name]Kenzie[/name] is cute, I agree with those who say it’s too cutesy. I suspect that’s a name that’ll be dated in ten years.

[name]Kenzie[/name] [name]Grace[/name] has a nice flow, but [name]Kenzie[/name] Cote is a little too much for me. I suspect that with the “AY” sound at the end of your name, you may have to be wary of a lot of names ending in a long E sound.

[name]How[/name] could I forget?! Congratulations on the adoption! [name]May[/name] God bless both you and the baby. :slight_smile:

Congratulations! What a blessing! I’m sorry to say, I really don’t like [name]Kenzie[/name], especially with your last name. I agree with those who were saying that a) [name]Kenzie[/name] will not age well, and b) [name]Kenzie[/name] Cote is a bit sing-songy. There’s a girl in my daughter’s class (or maybe it was her last years class) names [name]Katie[/name] [name]Cody[/name]. It kind of reminds me of that. [name]Grace[/name] is a lovely name with Cote. What about…

[name]Emma[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Cote
[name]Leah[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Cote
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Cote
[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Cote
I love all of them…

More in the style of [name]Kenzie[/name]…
[name]Riley[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Cote
[name]Michaela[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Cote
[name]Ainsley[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Cote
[name]Hadley[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Cote

Good [name]Luck[/name] and Again, Congrats!