We're having a boy!

After a long struggle with infertility, and a few loses, we’re having a baby! I’m 3.5 months and we just found out we’re having a boy! I’ve only thought of girl names to this point. I need help working on my boys list. Here is what I have so far…

[name_f]Charles[/name_f] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] - nn [name_f]Charlie[/name_f]. Both [name_f]Charles[/name_f] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] are family names.
[name_f]Charles[/name_f] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] - I love [name_m]Evander[/name_m], but I seem to be the only one in my family who is crazy about it.
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] - Husband loves [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m], I do too.
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] - Our last name starts with an M so his initials would be SAM.
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] - I love the nn [name_f]Freddy[/name_f]! I’ve never met a baby [name_f]Freddy[/name_f]. I don’t have a middle name yet.
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] - This is my second pick, I love how clean and simple [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] feels. I don’t have a middle for him either.

Which do you like best? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any good middle names ideas for [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] and [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]? I don’t think they sound good together, so I wouldn’t go for [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] or [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m].

4 Likes

Congratulations!

I like [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] the best of this list, followed by [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m].

For [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] middles:

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Ansel[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_f]Walker[/name_f]

For [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] middles:

[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] [name_f]James[/name_f]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] [name_f]Brennan[/name_f]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] [name_m]Derrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] [name_m]Gage[/name_m]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]

Hopefully this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

From your name bank, my favorite is [name_f]Charles[/name_f] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]. I love it when people give their children family honor names and I love vintage names. Bonus, he will get four nickname choices: [name_f]Charlie[/name_f], [name_m]Chuck[/name_m], [name_m]Fred[/name_m] and [name_f]Freddy[/name_f].

1 Like

I like the sound of [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] but my pick would be [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_f]Charles[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] is very handsome and I personally think its cool that his initials would spell out [name_f]Sam[/name_f]!

[name_f]My[/name_f] runner up would be [name_f]Charles[/name_f] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] as I love [name_f]Charlie[/name_f]. I also love [name_f]Freddy[/name_f] - I know 3 that are under 7 so I can see it on a little boy and love it!

1 Like

Congratulations :heart:

[name_f]Charles[/name_f] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] → very classic, solid and charming

[name_f]Charles[/name_f] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] → love [name_m]Evander[/name_m] - adds wonderful flair to classic [name_f]Charles[/name_f]

[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] → gorgeous! charming, regal, and sweet too - sort of homely but sophisticated

[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] → love the sound and the balanced vibe and initials [name_f]Sam[/name_f] is fun

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] → [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is great, sharp, smart and cool but classic and solid too. [name_f]Freddy[/name_f] is sweet. [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Winston[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_f]Charles[/name_f], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m], and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_f]Leander[/name_f] came to mind

[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] → sharp and outdoorsy with a hint of poetry too. [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m], [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] [name_f]Charles[/name_f], [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] [name_m]Victor[/name_m], [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] [name_m]Franklin[/name_m] and [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] came to mind.

1 Like

Oh my gosh hugest congratulations :tada::tada:

My thoughts on your list

Charles Frederick ~ very classic! Charles has grown on me massively he’s soft, distinguished and has this charming gentleman vibe. I also like Frederick providing a regal flair.

Charles Evander ~ so personally I prefer Evander with Charles just because the name feels so unexpected with Charles. I also think the name has such a romantic flair. Really gorgeous.

Maxwell Henry ~ Maxwell is a solid dependable classic that has a slight cowboy flair. I love Henry he’s very classic with a cosy vibe. The overall name is handsome.

Samuel Atticus ~ gosh absolutely love Samuel he’s a favourite of mine he’s so warm, soft, cosy and classic with great religious connotations. I think Atticus makes a lovely middle name providing a literacy flair. I love that the initials spell out Sam so cute.

Frederick ~ very handsome classic that has a soft cottagecore feel. The nickname Freddie (prefer ie ending) is adorable.

Middle names for Frederick

Frederick Jonas
Frederick Jacob
Frederick Scott
Frederick Amos
Frederick Rupert
Frederick Collins
Frederick Hayes
Frederick Rudy
Frederick Otto

Wyatt ~ this feels very Americana cowboy I automatically think yee haw when I see Wyatt which is a vibe as a country loving life I do appreciate. I think Wyatt is fun but not my favourite.

Middle names for Wyatt

Wyatt Jackson
Wyatt Henry
Wyatt Ashley
Wyatt Beaumont
Wyatt Jesse
Wyatt Calvin
Wyatt Theodore
Wyatt Solomon

My favourite is Samuel Atticus!

Hope this helps and wishing you all the best with your journey to motherhood

1 Like

Congrats on your pregnancy! :herb:

I like all your contenders. My favourites are:

Frederick Charles - “Freddie” - I prefer Freddie spelling over Freddy (plus Freddie Mercury over Freddy Kruger).

I have a 2 year old newphew Freddie - it’s a family name for me too (as is Charles in fact) - and it’s such a great name on a kid (that will age so well)! His middle is Alex@nder which is also a family name - and I think flows well. But I think Charles would work beautifully for you! Maxwell, Evander or Wyatt (it flows well to my ear) could work in middle spot, or another name, like Wilder, Watson or Xavier.

Charles Evander - it’s both old school and fresh at same time. Frederick also works as a middle - I obviously love that name and think always good to honour if you want to and can - though I wonder if that’ll encourage people to use Chuck :sweat_smile: as a nn. Meanwhile and either way, another nn I love for Charles is Arlo.

Samuel Atticus - Sam is such a universal name, and immediately likeable, I think! I also like Samuel Wyatt if you want to use a fave in there, and Samuel Charles if you’d rather use an honour.

Wyatt - handsome and friendly, more distinctly US than the others. Options for middle: Maxwell, Alexander, Spencer, George, Arthur, Patrick, Graham, Cole, Benjamin.

Having just listed all but one, instead of a fave, more my less preferred: Maxwell Henry. I much prefer straight Max when it’s being used a first name to any of its longer versions, but I still like all your others marginally better.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] followed by [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] .

1 Like

Thank you everyone! I have read and considered each post and you have all helped me narrow it down considerably. As of right now, and of course this is subject to change, I’m loving both [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]. I don’t know how I will choose between them!

I prefer [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]. It just has a better flow.

2 Likes

Q’s that might help:
Which one flows better to your last name?
And do you prefer Ev/Evan/Van or Charlie/Arlo/Chuck nicknames?
Which one has the most meaning for you?

1 Like

I prefer the nickname [name_m]Charlie[/name_m], but I feel [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] has a better flow. They both have an equal meaning for me, but I feel like [name_m]Evander[/name_m] is a bit more special, less common. Which do you prefer? Last name similar to [name_f]Morgan[/name_f].

[name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_f]Morgan[/name_f]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_f]Morgan[/name_f]

I think from what you’ve said [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] is likely the way forward - it flows very well to a two syllable, M last name; it is less expected while still being established (ie it doesn’t feel too hip); and I personally like [name_m]Charles[/name_m] in second spot where
It’s said in full (whereas I prefer [name_m]Charlie[/name_m] as a first, I would use [name_m]Charles[/name_m] nn [name_m]Charlie[/name_m] but I don’t love saying [name_m]Charles[/name_m] as a first if that makes sense). [name_f]My[/name_f] brother’s middle is [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and I really like saying his name. [name_f]My[/name_f] only small hesitation is I don’t love [name_m]Evan[/name_m] - it’s better in US context than in [name_m]Oz[/name_m]. If my son were [name_m]Evander[/name_m], I’d be calling him Ev, [name_m]Vander[/name_m], Vand, [name_m]Van[/name_m], or maybe even [name_m]Ever[/name_m], just not [name_m]Evan[/name_m]. But that’s not really a point either way as you may love [name_m]Evan[/name_m] and of course have considerable sway over nickname choices at least while he’s young if you don’t.

Huge congratulations!!!

You’ve got some great options. I really like:

[name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]

For [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]:
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of your options. It seems family names are important to you so having one in either slot seems like a good option.

One line of thought that helped my husband and I when picking out names was to decide which name would we regret not using if we didn’t have another baby. It helped us realize which names were most important to us and whether or not to use family names.

Best of luck!

1 Like

I love [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]!
[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite first name is [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]. [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] would be awesome.

Middle names for [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]:
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Wolf[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Nolan[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Beau[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Christian[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Percival[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_f]Indigo[/name_f]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Micah[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Arlo[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Basil[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Auden[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Noah[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Marcus[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Dorian[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Sullivan[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Martin[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_f]Heaven[/name_f]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Sparrow[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]

1 Like

I agree with everything you’re saying! If we went with [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] I would still want to call him [name_m]Charlie[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband also goes by his middle name and he says it isn’t so bad. Yes, at first you may have to explain it a few times, but people catch on. If we decided on using a nn for [name_m]Evander[/name_m], I would want to go with [name_m]Andy[/name_m]. I don’t like [name_m]Evan[/name_m] either.