We're having a GIRL!!!! Loving the name Coralie - what do you think?

We are so excited that our baby girl is on the way! And I do believe we’ve fallen in love with the name [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]. :slight_smile: Since we’re keeping the name a secret, we’d love to get a little feedback from all of you. :slight_smile: What would you think if you met a little [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]? Would you know how to pronounce her name? (We say [name_f]Cora[/name_f]-lee) [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like it or not? [name_m]Just[/name_m] wondering what kind of reactions we might get to the name [name_f]Coralie[/name_f].
Thanks for any thoughts you can share!

I would be thrilled to meet a [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]. It’s a pretty name. :slight_smile:

I perfer straight [name_f]Cora[/name_f] or [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]… but if you love it use it don’t let family opinions taint it because they won’t care when she’s there! I never thought to pn it as lee always lie like a liar

I love [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]… it is my absolute favorite of those style of name ie [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Coral[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Coralie[/name_f], [name_f]Coraline[/name_f].

What makes it even more perfect is that you name is [name_f]Caroline[/name_f].
Go for it!

Congratulations! [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] is lovely, but I personally prefer [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] or [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]. I pronounce [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] as cora-lee, but the o is shorter in sound than when I say just plan [name_f]Cora[/name_f].

I adore [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]! It is a combination of everything I love in a name, and I’d be thrilled to meet a little [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]. I think the pronunciation is pretty phonetic.

I love [name_f]Coralie[/name_f], but it sounds a bit unprofessional for when she’s older. Maybe [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], or [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]?

I love [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]! I would be so thrilled to meet a little [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]! I know a [name_f]Cora[/name_f] and she loves her name, so I wouldn’t worry about that and you could always shorten it to [name_f]Cora[/name_f] if you wanted. I would pronounce it [name_f]Cora[/name_f]-lee, too. I think with all the Kylies and Rylies out there people would pronounce the ending right. Good luck!

I prefer [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] but I also think [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] is pretty. I pronounce it the same as you do. I think people would find it a lovely and unexpected choice.

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]! I say cora-lee too. :slight_smile: I don’t really understand the -lie equals “lye” in sound–in nearly every case, every legitimate girls’ name ending in -lie ([name_f]Aurelie[/name_f], [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], [name_u]Julie[/name_u], [name_f]Ophelie[/name_f], [name_f]Lillie[/name_f], etc.) all end in the “lee” sound–so hopefully you’ll be safe there. :slight_smile: I think it’s a beautiful, unexpected name, and I’d love to meet a little [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]! [name_f]Cora[/name_f] is a very sweet nn, too. :slight_smile:

All the best!

I think YES. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name.

I like it! It’s softer sounding than [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] etc. Names ending with [name_u]Lee[/name_u] or Lie just flow and are timeless :slight_smile:

I love it! [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] is a beautiful choice.

I’d love to meet a [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]! It’s my favourite [name_f]Cora[/name_f]- names. :slight_smile:

Have always always loved [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]! It’s just lovely. I pronounce it [name_f]Cora[/name_f]-lee (or perhaps more like [name_f]Coral[/name_f]-ie?) but I’m not sure how it’s pronounced in [name_f]France[/name_f], maybe it’d be worth finding out just to know that we’re not all mangling it? I think it could be a sweet nickname for [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] also.

I love [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]. I knew a [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] growing up and was always jealous. Her name was pronounced quickly- if that makes sense. Like if something was covered in coral and you said it was all coraly, lol. Best description I can offer.

First of all, congratulations! You must be so excited! :slight_smile:

Personally, I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] the name [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]. I pronounce it [name_f]Cora[/name_f]-lee as well, and I don’t think it would give people too much trouble.

When I hear [name_f]Coralie[/name_f], I imagine a spunky, sweet, imaginative little girl. Maybe a little feisty. Definitely strong, but sometimes dainty too.

Congrats to you! [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] is a pretty name. It has a certain sweetness with a bit of Southern sass thrown in for good measure. I like it! I pronounce it with the “lee” ending too. I’ve never heard it pronounced any other way.

I know now to pronounce [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] as [name_f]Cora[/name_f]-lee after being on Nameberry but before being on here I would have said [name_f]Cora[/name_f]-lie (like, ‘liar’). I do honestly like the name though :). I love [name_f]Cora[/name_f] :).

I would pronounce this as [name_f]Cora[/name_f]-lee, and think it is quite lovely.