Weston or Wesley?

I like both [name]Weston[/name] and [name]Wesley[/name]. My grandfathers name is [name]Wesley[/name], and i really like the nn [name]Wes[/name]. But i dont want the name to feel to old or a baby/child/teen. I like [name]Weston[/name] as well, to me it seems like a good alternitive, however it seems to be rising in populatariy. What do you think?

Out of the two I prefer [name]Weston[/name] because it just feels a bit more sophisticated to me but they are both very nice names.

As to popularity; [name]Weston[/name] was ranked #324 in 2008 and [name]Wesley[/name] was ranked #194 for the same year. This is assuming you live in USA? So as it would seem, [name]Wesley[/name] is actually more popular than [name]Weston[/name].

I don’t know if [name]Weston[/name] will overtake [name]Wesley[/name] in the future but I think the name will become increasingly popular. [name]Wesley[/name] I don’t see as growing too much more and I suspect it might become a unisex name in the future, much like [name]Finley[/name].

So based on that I would choose [name]Weston[/name].

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I actually prefer [name]Wesley[/name]. I honestly can’t picture this being a name that goes over to the girls, as pp has suggested.

[name]Weston[/name] reminds me of guns and cowboys.

Also, if you’re worried about popularity issues, [name]Weston[/name] fits in very closely with a growing trend to name boys surname-ish names that end in an “n”–something that’s really hot right now (on this phenomenon, see [name]Laura[/name] Wattenberg’s statistics at http://www.babynamewizard.com/archives/2007/7/where-all-boys-end-up-nowadays ). So, basically, I think [name]Weston[/name] might sound very much of its time rather than classic a few years down the road.

There is also [name]Westerly[/name] which gives the nn [name]Wes[/name] as well.

My DH’s mn is [name]Wesley[/name] and he goes by [name]Wes[/name]…he loves his name! The only thing that bothers him is when pp mispronounce it [name]West[/name]…therefore, he hated my suggestion that we name our child [name]Weston[/name]…he felt that this would be even more susceptible to the [name]West[/name] pn. Also, [name]Westin[/name] (sp this way) seems more like a cross-over name than [name]Wesley[/name] ever would be!

[name]Weston[/name] sounds more masculine whereas [name]Wesley[/name] sounds casual.

I think the nn [name]Wes[/name] is very cool. I definitely prefer [name]Wesley[/name] over [name]Weston[/name]. I have a feeling that [name]Weston[/name] is going to make a surge on the next trend wave. [name]Wesley[/name]'s connection to your grandfather makes it even more special.

[name]Wesley[/name]!

I personally prefer the name [name]Weston[/name].
First of all, I feel it’s a little more masculine than the name [name]Wesley[/name]. Second, I know someone with the name [name]Wesley[/name], and to be quite frank, it’s not the best connection I have to the name… Also, the nickname [name]Wesley[/name] makes me think of a weasel. Haha. [name]Weston[/name] is definitely the better choice, it’s a great name.
But I do love the nickname [name]Wes[/name], and I like that you’re honoring your grandfather without using his actual name.
Good luck!