We've decided! Her name will be...

… Amiria [name]Ryan[/name] ([name]Amy[/name])!

Amiria is pn a-MEER-ree-a.

Now to decide the middle! None of the other options we have previously considered were working for us. So, I went digging in my family tree (my family is french…) and among hubs relatives for other ideas and we now have the opposite problem to before… We both really like all of these and just cannot choose! Help!

Amiria [name]Arlette[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria [name]Fleurette[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria [name]Fleur[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria [name]Cherie[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria [name]Yvette[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria [name]Eline[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] (eh-leen)
Amiria [name]Nell[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria [name]Dove[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria Loveday [name]Ryan[/name]

If you could comment your thoughts on each combination I would be very grateful!

Thanks [name]Jess[/name] x

My favorite is Amiria [name]Eline[/name] followed by Amiria [name]Pearl[/name]

Amiria [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] is lovely. The flow is perfect imo.

Amiria [name]Arlette[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria [name]Fleurette[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria [name]Fleur[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria [name]Cherie[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria [name]Yvette[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria [name]Eline[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] (eh-leen)
Amiria [name]Nell[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria [name]Dove[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria Loveday [name]Ryan[/name]

Oooh! You decided to go with Amiria! I love it! Nice choice. Now as to middles…

Amiria [name]Arlette[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] – Uhm – with so many better choices on the list, why bother?
Amiria [name]Fleurette[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] – I like this – in that British, over-the-top middle name way! It is – frilly. But frilly is not always a bad thing.
Amiria [name]Fleur[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] – I love it. One of my favorites. Very feminine. Very French. I happen to love [name]Fleur[/name] – it’s on my Top Ten list.
Amiria [name]Cherie[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] – I like it, but don’t love it. (I assume you are doing French pronunciation – sha-[name]REE[/name].) I like the flow of the syllables, but I think [name]Cherie[/name] is just a little too hooker for me, although it still has some class. (Well, it was the name of the First Lady of Britian!)
Amiria [name]Yvette[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] – See [name]Arlette[/name].
Amiria [name]Eline[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] – Gorgeous. Wonderful. Elegant. Distinctive.
Amiria [name]Nell[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] – I just don’t like it, but don’t have a good reason! The “[name]Nell[/name]” seems too plain, but it is not a charming contrast, as fancy/plain can be at times. It just seems plain.
Amiria [name]Dove[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] – I like it, but I think others on the list more distinctive.
Amiria [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] – Another good choice. I really like. Not as much as [name]Eline[/name] or [name]Fleur[/name], but I like it. If you decide on a simple, elegant, one syllable middle and you don’t want [name]Fleur[/name], this is my second choice in that category.
Amiria Loveday – I know people use this, even in first place, but it is just too much for me!

Thanks for letting us know you chose Amiria ([name]Amy[/name]). It was a lesson for everyone following the story in the great art of compromise. Sounds as though you both got what you wanted. And isn’t that what parenthood will be all about?

And – it’s a cool name!

Thanks! It just works the best for us - neither of us compromising and both getting a name we really love.

bonnie: I’ll give you one guess which are my hubs fav middles…?! He has/had some very interestingly named relatives: [name]Nelly[/name], Dovey, [name]Pearla[/name] and Loveday were the best of them…! There was also [name]Jeanie[/name], [name]Janey[/name], [name]Ethel[/name] (which is growing on me…) and [name]Mildred[/name]. Almost with pn [name]Cherie[/name]: is more like sheh-[name]REE[/name].

Think will cross of [name]Nell[/name]… I still love [name]Arlette[/name] but maybe too much a? [name]Yvette[/name] can go.

Can’t find a conclusive meaning for Amiria… It varies between people who consider it a variant of [name]Amelia[/name] (industrious) or [name]Amilia[/name] (amiable) or [name]Amara[/name] (lovely forever) or [name]Amira[/name] (princess) or a maori name meaning emulating/soft/friendly!!
So we’ll just go with [name]Amy[/name] which means beloved…!

Amiria [name]Arlette[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] - beloved free man
Amiria [name]Fleurette[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] - beloved little flower
Amiria [name]Fleur[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] - beloved flower
Amiria [name]Cherie[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] - beloved darling (maybe a bit ott!)
Amiria [name]Eline[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] (eh-leen) - beloved bright light/bright shining one
Amiria [name]Dove[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] - beloved dove
Amiria [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] - beloved pearl
Amiria Loveday [name]Ryan[/name] - beloved love/affection/precious (both names mean near enough the same thing - haha!)

What do you think?
[name]Jess[/name] x

I think I hope others join in the conversation!

Amiria [name]Arlette[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] - beloved free man
Amiria [name]Fleurette[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] - beloved little flower
Amiria [name]Fleur[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] - beloved flower
Amiria [name]Cherie[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] - beloved darling (maybe a bit ott!)
Amiria [name]Eline[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] (eh-leen) - beloved bright light/bright shining one
Amiria [name]Dove[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] - beloved dove
Amiria [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] - beloved pearl
Amiria Loveday [name]Ryan[/name] - beloved love/affection/precious (both names mean near enough the same thing - haha!)

[name]Arlette[/name] is growing on me. I like the meaning. My father’s name was [name]Arley[/name]. Now I wonder if his name came from something French that meant "free man."That would have suited my father. I like that idea, and it makes me like [name]Arlette[/name] more.
[name]Fleurette[/name] – If this is just here for your husband, do what you did with first names, cross off the ones that just here for him. I trust you can find something you both love. I continue to like it, but I like those British, mad middle names – and perhaps you don’t.
[name]Fleur[/name] – I love it. But if it is just me and your husband, and you don’t love it too, don’t do it!
[name]Cherie[/name] – The flow of the sounds is rather lovely. I like the rhythm, the repetition of the “ree” – a lot.
[name]Eline[/name] – I like the name. I like the meaning. I wonder a litle now about two vowels together. It seems okay to me, but it would be nice if another poster commented so you could see if others are struggling with that.
[name]Dove[/name] – It does have that contemporary simplicity you like. It is very fresh. It spins Amiria into a much more contemporary, American name. Maybe you like that.
Amiria [name]Pearl[/name] – Still the second runner up to [name]Fleur[/name] – but maybe that is just me. Keep in mind I’m prejudiced by my love of [name]Fleur[/name].
Loveday – I still can’t go there. I’m too conservative!

Amiria [name]Pearl[/name] stands out a mile to me on that list! It’s a really beautiful combination and I think [name]Pearl[/name] balances the soft frilliness of Amiria perfectly to give the whole name a strong, sophisticated feel :slight_smile: [name]Love[/name] it!

Sorry but the others feel a bit much to me with Amiria. Or they just don’t flow like [name]Eline[/name] which would have been a nice option. Amiria [name]Jane[/name] or Amiria [name]Jean[/name] would be stunning too for [name]Janey[/name] and [name]Jeanie[/name]! I love [name]Amy[/name]-[name]Jane[/name] :slight_smile:

Congrats on choosing a lovely name!

[name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Fleur[/name] are my faves. I think Amiria needs a simple, sweet mn. :slight_smile:

Congrats on choosing Amiria! Beautiful! For the middles, my favorites are [name]Fleur[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name], in that order. Like pp said, Amiria deserves a sweet middle name. I also like how they start with consonants while Amiria is so vowel-y (not in a bad way!)

Good luck!

Amiria [name]Fleur[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] gets my vote.

[name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Fleur[/name] are my favorites too.

I like Amiria, but [name]Eline[/name] is stunning!

[name]How[/name] lovely! [name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Fleur[/name] are both beautiful, but while I like the flow of Amiria [name]Fleur[/name], [name]Fleur[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] sounds a little bit slurred to me. So my vote goes to Amiria [name]Pearl[/name], which couldn’t be any prettier.

I like Amiria [name]Dove[/name] and Amiria [name]Fleur[/name] best too. I really think that a long, frilly name like Amiria needs a shorter middle name to balance it out, and the middle names that start with vowels don’t flow well for me when I say them.

I like Amiria [name]Eline[/name] the best, since reading the start of the thread. Now at the end, [name]Fleur[/name] is creeping up there, but still not in front of [name]Eline[/name]. I see a lot of [name]Pearl[/name] mention too, but it seems like such a harsh sound to me; Amiria seems to have an ‘airy’ sound to me and then you get “[name]Pearl[/name]” which is nice but perhaps it’s just the way I say it makes it a bit nasally.

Amiria [name]Dove[/name]. I think it’s so simple and beautiful. To me the frillier mns sound like to much of a mouthful. Amiria [name]Dove[/name] sounds perfect