We've narrowed it down to two.....

So, many thanks to all of you who’ve helped thus far. We were able to narrow our long list down to two names. So, for your consideration (with last name this time):

[name]Nina[/name] [name]Frances[/name] Chisholm
or
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rae[/name] Chisholm

Thanks again! We look forward to hearing which is the favorite.

[name]Nina[/name] [name]Frances[/name] Chisholm because I love [name]Nina[/name] Chisholm more than [name]Scarlett[/name] Chisholm.

I agree with the queen

[name]Nina[/name]… besides the fact that I absolutely adore this name, [name]Melanie[/name] Chisholm (from the Spice Girls) had a baby girl a few months ago and named her [name]Scarlet[/name] (with one ‘t’). I don’t know how many people would make this connection but it clicked immediately for me for some reason… which is odd because I don’t like the Spice Girls, never followed any of them, and don’t even live in the UK, which is where I feel they are more talked about.

Another vote for [name]Nina[/name] [name]Frances[/name]! I do have a bit of hard time saying the [name]Frances[/name] Chisholm end of the name, but I, too, love the sound of [name]Nina[/name] Chisholm. I do love [name]Scarlett[/name] and like how [name]Rae[/name] saves every name from being two syllables long, but I think that [name]Nina[/name] Chisholm sounds lighter, fresher, and cheerier than [name]Scarlett[/name] Chisholm.

(I love [name]Nina[/name], and started liking it after I first saw “Father of the [name]Bride[/name]” with [name]Diane[/name] [name]Keaton[/name] as [name]Nina[/name] [name]Banks[/name].) :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I started loving the name [name]Nina[/name] because of [name]Diane[/name] [name]Keaton[/name]'s character too!

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rae[/name]

It is not that I don’t like [name]Nina[/name] it is just that I love the [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rae[/name] Chisholm combo. It is very spunky and yet feminine.

Another vote for [name]Nina[/name] [name]Frances[/name]. I like your other choice, but agree that with your surname [name]Nina[/name] works much better.

Yet another vote for [name]Nina[/name]!

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rae[/name] Chisholm

I vote for [name]Nina[/name] [name]Frances[/name]!

I totally love [name]Scarlet[/name], but I agree that [name]Nina[/name] is better with your last name. I adore [name]Nina[/name] [name]Frances[/name]!!!

My vote goes to [name]Nina[/name] [name]Frances[/name] ^^ She’s old and underused and will age fantastically, plus, she sounds better with your last name… I think she has this old style charm that’s simply adorable!

However, your daughter is unfortunately more likely to love her name if you named her [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rae[/name], as it’s more exotic and spunky… It probably won’t matter to you, but I feel that if I give my children odd names, or names that sound dated, or lacks that exotic flair many young girls (especially) wants their name to have, I make sure there’s a good story, namesake, meaning or the likes behind my choice, through which they can fall in love with their name… I always hated my name, but it has a nice story behind it, so I’m okay with it… ^^

Good luck!

Another vote for [name]Nina[/name] [name]Frances[/name]!!! It’s the perfect name! It’s pretty, and unique, but it DOES NOT look like you tried too hard to come up with it! It has a beautiful ease to it! Good job!

[name]Nina[/name] [name]Frances[/name], definitely!!!

Another vote for [name]Nina[/name]! It’s so soft and sweet, without being overly frilly; I love it! I think it’s a name any little girl would be proud to have, and any woman can wear with confidence!

I think [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Ray[/name] is a beautiful name but I’ll have to agree with most here and say that [name]Nina[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is best with your last name. [name]Nina[/name] is a very sweet name.

Thanks for all of the input! It looks like [name]Nina[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is the clear winner. Now if only I could convince my husband that it is the better name :slight_smile:

He is still very much leaning toward [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rae[/name]. I will keep trying to convince him, thanks for giving me confidence about the name [name]Nina[/name].

ps…I had posted on an earlier blog that my name is Jeaneane (pronounced like [name]Janine[/name])…I have always loved [name]Nina[/name] and wished that it had been used as nickname for me. I think that this could make [name]Nina[/name] either very special (it’s link to my name) or a bit over the top (because of it’s likeness to my name). One poster on the previous entry thought that it was a bit too much. Any other thoughts???

When I was naming my daughter I wanted a name that had the same ending as mine as I feel that it is a lovely way to carry on a tradition, so we named her [name]Jacquelyn[/name] the lyn in my name matching it.

So, no I do not think it is too much at all I think it is a terrific idea, and I would like this to carry on down our girls line in the family (but it won’t happen).

To appease your husband you could name your daughter [name]Nina[/name] [name]Frances[/name] [name]Rae[/name], it flows well and has part of the name he wanted in it.

(For my sister and I my mother chose the first name and my father chose the middle name and for my brother Dad chose the first name and Mum the second name.)

I think I may have been that poster. I was thinking about the names being said Jeaneane and [name]Nina[/name], and I heard “Jeninanina”. But I followed the posts after that and the other posters made some great points - it’s not so similar that it could cause confusion and it’s actually a lovely way of connecting you with your daughter. So please don’t let my original objection hold you back from using such a beautiful name!
I think take your two names in, and see which one suits her better. I am plugging for [name]Nina[/name]! :wink: