What about Harriet?

So, not going to lie. I just finished watching tonight’s episode of Catfish and the girl doing the catfishing was named [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]. A name that I’ve heard before. From [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] the Spy to [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] Tubman. It’s a name everyone knows, right? But it’s never been a name I particularly liked or stood out to me. Until tonight. Actually hearing them refer to someone in this day in age as [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] just seemed really cool. It’s a classic, underused name, with a bit of spunk… in my opinion. And with lots of great nickname options! Not to mention, it sounds kind of nice with our last name which sounds a lot like Kramer.

But I’m wondering how the berries feel about it? It doesn’t seem too popular, not only on here, but anywhere! Unless you’re in [name_f]England[/name_f], of course.

If you are a fan of the name, what are some middle names you would pair with it?

Some ideas I had are:

[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Maxine[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]

P.S. We’re not expecting… just collecting. TTC next month though! :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], [name_f]Henriette[/name_f], and [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]

Some middle name ideas:

[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Gianina[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]

Or doubles…
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Nella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

And [name_f]Hattie[/name_f], [name_u]Ari[/name_u], and [name_f]Ettie[/name_f] are adorable nicknames. Keep us posted on wether you end up seriously considering the name!

I love [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]! It’s gorgeous. I’d avoid a middle ending in a ‘T’ sound ([name_f]Colette[/name_f], & I saw you had [name_f]Violet[/name_f] in your signature too) but a lot of other names would work. [name_f]Jade[/name_f] & [name_f]Claire[/name_f] are also on my list, so I’m biased toward them, but here’s some other ideas:

[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Coral[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]

These are all great combos! I especially like [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f], and [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f].

The double middles are both great! If my sister’s dog wasn’t named [name_f]Luna[/name_f], I would be all over [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Nella[/name_f] is nice. Makes me think [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Stella[/name_f] could work, too.

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] combos! I do like [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Lila[/name_f].

P.S. I rated your names! Never been on that site before… pretty cool! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] never caught my attention before, but I think it’s a great name. Classic, fun, sounds nice on the tongue, great associations. [name_u]Love[/name_u] it.

My only issue with it is the [name_u]North[/name_u] American (including my) pronunciation starting with “hairy”. When pronounced with the open-mouth British ‘a’ sound rhyming with “man” it’s quite nice.

Hmm that’s an interesting point. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you mean it sounds nice when pronounced more like Hauriette or more focused on the “a” sound like Hay-riette.

There is something vintage, spunky about it which I like but [name_m]Harry[/name_m] and [name_f]Harriett[/name_f] sound too much like “Hairy” to me, which takes away from the other appealing traits they have.

I really like [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] and [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]. My favorite nicknames are [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] and [name_f]Etta[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Hattie[/name_f], too. [name_f]Etta[/name_f] is also cute!

I love [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] - it’s a confident (somewhat devious) and happy name. I have a baby girl due in a few weeks and about to post about it among two or three others. My only problem with the name is that last name starts with “T” which isn’t super smooth with [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nn possibilities and would sound perfect with [name_f]Blythe[/name_f], though I fear I peaked with it in month 5-6 from saying it too much. If you love it, try to be gentle with it. :wink:

I think [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] might just be perfect.

No, definitely not like “Hauriette” (if I’m reading that the way you intended, it would rhyme with car)
I mean [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] with the “a” rhyming with “man” (at least the way I say man).
It’s difficult for myself and most [name_u]North[/name_u] Americans to do and as a result I find this name best (to me) when said by a [name_u]Brit[/name_u]. Same exact issue with the name [name_m]Harry[/name_m], which we tend to pronounce “hairy”.
This page shows the difference I’m talking about, showing a UK vs. US pronounciation :slight_smile:
http://forvo.com/word/harriet/#en