What are some names you use to like?

Hey Berries!
I hope your having a good day/night! So, I just thought of this and decided to ask: what are some names you use to like but don’t anymore and why?

About a year ago, I use to like the names [name_u]Echo[/name_u] and [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] and was also into [name_u]Everest[/name_u] for a girl and [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f]. For a middle name I wanted to use the honor initials [name_u]Cadence[/name_u]-[name_u]Lee[/name_u]. [name_u]Cadence[/name_u] is my middle name and [name_u]Lee[/name_u] is my mom’s middle name. I was also adamant that if a have a boy his name would have been [name_u]Michael[/name_u]. However, you can still find it in my UC. I grew out of the girl names I just mentioned because it was simply not my style anymore as you can see in my UC. I also grew out of Cadence-Lee because once again, it wasn’t my style/preference and I prefer different name combos now.

1 Like

I used to really like [name_u]Lark[/name_u], but now I know someone whose name is [name_u]Lark[/name_u] and they aren’t very nice :sweat_smile:, not to mention it’s just not my style anymore. Also, [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] used to be one of my favorite boy names, but I used it for an original character of mine that I grew far too attached to - now I can’t imagine the name on anyone else! [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] is another name that I used to like but just isn’t really my style anymore. I can’t think of any others off the top of my head!

1 Like

I still like most of these, but a few that have fallen off of my list are:

[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Carrie[/name_f]
[name_f]Joy[/name_f] (thinking of adding her back!)
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]

[name_m]Todd[/name_m]
[name_u]Tate[/name_u]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]
[name_m]Issac[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Alec[/name_m]

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] style for girl names used to be a lot more mainstream (this list is probably names I was into 5+ years ago so they may not have been at the same popularity they are now) - I liked [name_u]London[/name_u], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. When I was younger I liked [name_f]Grace[/name_f] “[name_f]Gracie[/name_f],” but I really haven’t had it on my list for a long time.

I used to love [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_u]Asher[/name_u] for boys, but both are really popular right now. [name_f]My[/name_f] boys list wasn’t very solid until recently but I’ve had Or/Ori (means light) and [name_m]William[/name_m] as well.

3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] style has some popular names (ex: [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_u]Asher[/name_u], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]) but I’m starting to explore more names. I also use to like [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] but a girl in my school ruined it for me and believe it or not, I use to never really like [name_m]William[/name_m] until a few months ago and now it’s my favorite boy name! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite names are always changing and sometimes it gets annoying and also really funny!

2 Likes

It’s funny how these lists change over time. I’m not totally over [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] so we’ll see :eyes: it has the same meaning as one of my grandmothers but I have her actual name on my girl list right now

2 Likes

Girls:

Harmonia
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] (I like it again!)
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] (I prefer it as a middle now)
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u]
[name_f]Robyn[/name_f]
[name_u]Raven[/name_u]

Boys:

Alastair (same as [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]!)
[name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_m]Anders[/name_m]

2 Likes

I have a lot …:sweat_smile:

Evangeline - still gorgeous, just not for me anymore. I still love nn [name_f]Eva[/name_f].

Vivia - so beautiful, but it would always get confused with [name_u]Vivian[/name_u].

Evadne - on the fence

Charlotte - pretty but nms anymore

Andromeda - prettier in my head than when I say it

1 Like

I use to love [name_u]Finley[/name_u] for a girl and even came up with the combo [name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_f]Emma[/name_f]

Eva is a gorgeous name and I’m considering it! [name_f]Vivia[/name_f] is also lovely but I can see it get confused with [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]

1 Like

Girls
[name_u]Fritzi[/name_u]
[name_f]Sinead[/name_f]
[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]
[name_u]Duffy[/name_u]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_u]Flannery[/name_u]
[name_f]Mikki[/name_f] (I like [name_u]Mickey[/name_u] now)
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]

Boys
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Alec[/name_m]
[name_u]Mason[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]

1 Like

Oh, I love [name_u]Echo[/name_u]! I’ll take it if you don’t want it any more :wink:

I really loved [name_f]Eva[/name_f] before having children. Still think it’s gorgeous objectively but I hear the “[name_f]Eve[/name_f]” names everywhere now I’m around little ones more, so it’s lost it’s spark for me.

As for boy names, I think I just fall in love with them — I don’t seem to ever fall out of it! Maybe [name_u]Milo[/name_u]. I used to prefer it over [name_u]Miles[/name_u] but now it’s the other way round. [name_u]Miles[/name_u] seems more dashing, mature and timeless to me, although I still think [name_u]Milo[/name_u] is a fun name.

1 Like

You can take [name_u]Echo[/name_u]! I wouldn’t mind lol

1 Like

These used to be on my signature in 2019 and early 2020:
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]
[name_u]Presley[/name_u]
[name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Laelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (still like it but not that much, now I prefer [name_f]Mathilda[/name_f])

Harvey
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_u]Leland[/name_u]
[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u]
[name_u]Anderson[/name_u]
[name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonard[/name_m]

These are more recent:
[name_f]Reinhilde[/name_f]
[name_f]Swanhilde[/name_f]
[name_f]Gertrude[/name_f]
[name_f]Mildred[/name_f] (:frowning: I still can’t believe I don’t love it anymore!)
[name_f]Hortense[/name_f]
[name_f]Prudence[/name_f] (It’s starting to re-grow on me, though.)

2 Likes

For girls Auvyn (pronounced Awe-vin) was a name that I totally made it up for a short story I wrote back in the fifth grade :joy:. [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f], [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Alouette[/name_f], [name_f]Mavis[/name_f], [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f], and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] were also favourites of mine, and even though I still really like a lot of them I probably won’t use them for various reasons.
[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite boys names are mostly the same (like [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], and [name_u]James[/name_u]) but [name_m]William[/name_m] used to be at the top of my list and it’s fallen a bit. I really want to fall in love with it again though! Others were [name_m]Jason[/name_m], [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], [name_u]Arrow[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]. They’re great names but I wouldn’t consider them now. Finally [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] is a more recent love that I has since lost it’s sparkle because of it’s rising popularity.

1 Like

Auvyn is a cool name! I also ended up making up a name for the sake of my stories and ended up with Valorette

1 Like

I still like [name_f]Shirley[/name_f], [name_f]Tanaquil[/name_f], [name_f]Cecile[/name_f], [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_f]Therese[/name_f] and [name_f]Margarita[/name_f] but not nearly as much.

Anatole used to be my obsession, but I used it on a pet so it doesn’t sound quite right for a child anymore :grin:

1 Like