What are some names you're surprised aren't more popular?

What are some baby names that you would expect to be more popular? Whether it’s in comparison to other name trends or if you just hear the name a lot

I was shocked to realize [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] isn’t in the US top 1000! Since [name_u]August[/name_u] has gotten so high in the charts for boys, and also ranking for girls now, I don’t understand why the lovely [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] is getting so little use! Especially when it’s a place name in the US too, which I would expect to make it more trendy!

2 Likes

(My reference is the UK list of top 1000 names 2020)

Names I’m surprised are not more popular:

Boy: [name_u]August[/name_u] (but I think this will come with time), [name_u]Julian[/name_u], [name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_f]Girl[/name_f]: [name_f]Frida[/name_f], [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]! It’s such a pretty name, and it feels like it would be up a lot of people’s alleys with current naming trends, but I’ve only ever met one [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] and haven’t really heard of many others.

Also [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] / [name_f]Celia[/name_f] / [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] / [name_f]Cecile[/name_f].

3 Likes

[name_u]Everett[/name_u] is the UK!

2 Likes

[name_f]Elara[/name_f]. It sounds so much like names popular right now and has roots in Greek mythology.

3 Likes