What are some ways to get the nn Dani...

…that aren’t [name]Danielle[/name]/[name]Daniella[/name], [name]Dana[/name] or [name]Danica[/name]? I think it’s a cute nickname, but hate all the obvious full names because they’re just boring to me. Not expecting or TTC, by the way.

I have always had a major crush on the name [name]Daneel[/name]. I think it is a great way to get to [name]Dani[/name] :slight_smile: [name]Jordana[/name] is another that I really love! Here are some others, so are a little trendy but I thought you might like them.

[name]Aydan[/name]
Damden
[name]Danai[/name]
[name]Danalee[/name]
[name]Danise[/name]
[name]Danza[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name] - Maybe a stretch though
[name]Edan[/name]/[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Giordana[/name]
[name]Sheridan[/name]

[name]Danise[/name] is the only one I really like out of them… but I’d rather spell it [name]Denise[/name], because that’s more correct. Trendy/surname is not really my style either, I’m looking for something a bit more traditional. [name]Jordana[/name] is OK as well.

Daenerys! I can’t really think of any actual [name]Dani[/name] names. [name]Arden[/name] maybe? That’s more [name]Deni[/name], but they sound very similar to me.

[name]Danica[/name] is the only one I can think to add.

Oops, you don’t want that one I see, sorry!

Clearly you and I are on the same wavelength, because Daenerys is who I want to name a girl after someday! But it’s not a real name, and I don’t want people to think I’m a massive fangirl.

Clearly you and I are on the same wavelength, because Daenerys is who I want to name a girl after someday! But it’s not a real name, and I don’t want people to think I’m a massive fangirl.

[name]Don[/name]'t like [name]Arden[/name] either, way more of a boy’s name to me and not really traditional.

I know a [name]Danelle[/name].

[name]How[/name] about:
Dandelion
[name]Jordan[/name]
[name]Jordana[/name]
[name]Hayden[/name]
[name]Sandra[/name]
[name]Sandi[/name]

I taught a [name]Daniella[/name] and I know you said not [name]Daniella[/name] but I must admit it really grew on me as a very pretty name.

You know, I was looking through your sig and I don’t see why a [name]Gwendolen[/name] can’t be a [name]Dani[/name].

[name]Dana[/name]ë
[name]Danuta[/name] (Polish name, typically nicknamed [name]Danka[/name])
[name]Danya[/name] / [name]Dania[/name]
[name]Edana[/name] (The Irish feminization of [name]Aidan[/name] “fire”)

Maybe a name combo where the first ends in a -da and the middle name begins with a ni-. Something like [name]Ada[/name] [name]Nicole[/name] could stretch into [name]Dani[/name].

The only one I haven’t seen yet is [name]Danette[/name]/Dannette. I’m not a huge fan personally, and I’m not sure it really fits your style, but it is interesting. I like @teacherma’s idea of something like [name]Ada[/name] [name]Nicole[/name], nn [name]Dani[/name].

I love the name [name]Edana[/name] a lot, but I’m worried it’s too close to [name]Edna[/name], which is (sadly) more well known and a lot uglier.

[name]Gwendolen[/name] nicknamed [name]Dani[/name] is an interesting thought. I also like the suggestion of [name]Ada[/name] [name]Nicole[/name] (not really something I’d choose, but a great idea). I could definitely do something like [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Niamh[/name].