What are you and YOUR siblings named?

I am [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]…jessica because they liked it, [name_u]Lee[/name_u] after my paternal grsndmother.
[name_f]My[/name_f] brother is [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_f]Miley[/name_f]. [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] because they liked it, [name_f]Miley[/name_f] because it was my paternal great grandma’s maiden name and all the boys get it.

[name_f]Sister[/name_f] is [name_f]Erika[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] [name_f]Erika[/name_f] because they liked ot, [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] because it’s her mom’s middle name.

The names are ok but I would never use them!

1 Like

I’m [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] Kelsay… Kelsay after my grandmother’s maiden name.

[name_f]My[/name_f] half-sister on my mother’s side is [name_f]Paige[/name_f] [name_u]Ren[/name_u]ée. [name_u]Ren[/name_u]ée is my mother’s middle name. They were almost going to name her [name_f]Brielle[/name_f], but with her parents being [name_m]Brian[/name_m] and [name_f]Michelle[/name_f], it sounded like a couple name. (awk)

[name_f]My[/name_f] half-brother on my father’s side is [name_u]Keegan[/name_u] Levente.

1 Like

[name_f]Carissa[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] : because they liked the meaning and sound of it. mn because it’s a classic. (I’m glad it’s [name_f]Anne[/name_f] with an E.)
[name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] : sounded elegant; was the name of the mom in the TV show Family [name_m]Ties[/name_m], I’m told. mn because, I guess, it was the 80s.
[name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]April[/name_f] : a last-minute pick, because they had totally expected a boy. my mom liked [name_f]Selena[/name_f] and somebody told her they knew a horrid [name_f]Selena[/name_f], so she modified it. mn after birth month. (my mom has said to this day she slightly regrets [name_f]April[/name_f])

if you want my absolute honest opinion, i think they phoned it in a little with the middle names (basically they all had to start with A because my dad’s middle initial is also A) but they did a great job with our first names if I do say so myself! managed to avoid 80s/early 90s cliches! feminine, but not ornate. uncommon, but not totally unfamiliar. and all have nice meanings.

Well, I’m sure you can see what generation my siblings and I are from:

[name_u]Leslie[/name_u] [name_f]Elayne[/name_f] (me; [name_u]Leslie[/name_u] after [name_u]Leslie[/name_u] [name_f]Caron[/name_f], the actor/dancer; [name_f]Elayne[/name_f] is my mother’s name and I chose it; my mother didn’t give any of us middle names.)
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] – my mother wanted to use the Norwegian name [name_m]Tore[/name_m] and my father’s parents thought not. She’s still called [name_f]Torie[/name_f], though. No middle; never chose one.
[name_f]Samantha[/name_f] [name_u]Blake[/name_u] – She was born almost 5 weeks early. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom asked me which name did I like: [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] or [name_f]Pamela[/name_f] and I said [name_f]Samantha[/name_f]. We still call her Mantha (and this was before Bewitched, btw). She chose [name_u]Blake[/name_u] from one of my character naming lists.

[name_f]My[/name_f] half sister is [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_u]Whitney[/name_u], [name_u]Whitney[/name_u] being the middle name of my stepmother, who was [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]Whitney[/name_u].

Would I ever use these names? No. I hate my first name, always have, always will. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister used “[name_f]Elaine[/name_f]” for her daughter’s middle name so there’s the continuation. I do like [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] the name, but not the sister, lol.

[name_f]Dominika[/name_f] [name_f]Elwira[/name_f] and ”ukasz [name_m]Marek[/name_m] — first names being quite random picks (my mum wasn’t able to say why they chose those name; before I was born, they had [name_m]Mateusz[/name_m] chosen for a boy), and middle names being parents’ first names.

[name_f]My[/name_f] parents kept it pretty straight forward. Traditional names that had both familial and religious significance. Still, I do think we sound nice together :smiley:

[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_u]Winslow[/name_u] (fn saint, mn chosen by my dad from the baby book)
[name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] (Grandfather’s name, Other grandfather’s mn)
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] (me) (Great Aunt, saint)
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_m]Victor[/name_m] (Uncle who died as an infant, Grandfather’s name)

[name_f]My[/name_f] parents went with a Biblical first name, family middle name theme:

[name_f]Leah[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]

I think they all go well together, and I like that they’re all pretty classic, but probably the only name I would consider using myself is [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. I think I actually like my name the least out of all of them haha

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]- [name_m]Both[/name_m] names are family names, and were not at all popular at the time.
[name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]- [name_m]Both[/name_m] family names as well. Goes by [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] with family and [name_m]Chuck[/name_m] with friends, [name_m]Charles[/name_m] occasionally (mostly be me!)
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]- Middle name is family name, and first name was chosen by my dad. it was his one input in naming- he insisted he have a daughter named [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] as he loved the name and always pictured his daughter as so.

I think my parents did a great job. I love all our names and I’m glad my siblings never had to deal with their names being popular like they would if they were kids now!
The other names my parents had discussed as real possibilities: [name_m]William[/name_m] nn [name_u]Billy[/name_u], or [name_f]Molly[/name_f]

I’ll go in order from oldest to youngest:

[name_u]Michael[/name_u] “[name_m]Mike[/name_m]” [name_m]Randall[/name_m]-- FN is to honor an uncle who passed away, MN is our dad’s FN
[name_m]William[/name_m] “[name_m]Will[/name_m]” [name_m]Henry[/name_m]–FN just because our parents liked it, MN is our dad’s MN
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_u]Kay[/name_u]–Me!–FN after my great-grandmother, MN is my mom’s FN
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]–FN because our parents liked it, MN after our grandmother
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Anderson[/name_m]–FN because our parents liked it, MN our mom’s maiden name

[name_m]Randall[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_u]Kay[/name_u] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] are our parents

[name_m]Mike[/name_m]'s kids are [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Randall[/name_m] and [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_m]Will[/name_m]'s kids are [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] and [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] II
my kids are [name_m]Jefferson[/name_m] [name_m]Kent[/name_m] and triplets due in [name_f]September[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]'s kids are [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Randall[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]'s kids are [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Blake[/name_u], [name_m]Zackary[/name_m] [name_m]Anderson[/name_m], and [name_u]Jay[/name_u] [name_m]Randall[/name_m]

I absolutely love mine and my siblings’ names, but I’m totally biased :wink:

[name_f]Gretel[/name_f] M@rgo: my twin sister. [name_f]Gretel[/name_f] because my parents loved it, [name_f]Margo[/name_f] after my mum’s sister.
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f] Fr@nces: me. [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] because my parents loved it, [name_f]Frances[/name_f] after a great aunt somewhere :stuck_out_tongue:
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] [name_m]Edw[/name_m]@rd C@rlisle: my younger brother. [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] and [name_m]Edward[/name_m] because my parents loved them, and [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] is my dad’s middle name, and his dad’s middle name and his dad’s middle name… etc.

I would definitely love to use [name_f]Margo[/name_f], either as a first or middle. I love [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] too, and [name_f]Gretel[/name_f] as a middle name :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Katie[/name_f] [name_f]Sue[/name_f], which is kind of a reversal/play on my mom’s name [name_f]Susan[/name_f] [name_u]Kay[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] brothers are [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] (after my dad), [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m], and [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m]. I believe [name_m]Peter[/name_m] was a friend of my dad who passed away.

Me: [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] (parents were [name_m]Elvis[/name_m] fans)
[name_f]My[/name_f] twin brother: [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] ("[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]" was our maternal grandfather’s name)
Our older brother: [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] ("[name_m]David[/name_m]" is our father’s middle name)

Fun Fact: “[name_u]Lisa[/name_u]” & “[name_m]Stephen[/name_m]” were identically ranked the year of our birth.

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Megan[/name_f] [name_u]Ashley[/name_u]. [name_f]Megan[/name_f], my mother always liked, and [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] because it flowed well all together.

[name_f]My[/name_f] brother’s is [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]. [name_u]Ryan[/name_u], actually, is funny, because my father doesn’t like the name but couldn’t think of anything better, so Mom kept it.

When asked, they say they chose the names because “they just liked them.”

caritas: The surname of Coyne is supercool and I’m probably going to steal it for something ifthat’sokaywithyou.

We all have L names in my family (my last name also starts with an L)

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]

[name_f]My[/name_f] sister is [name_u]Leslie[/name_u] (my parents hesitated with Maëlle for the longest time, they asked me which I liked best and I chose [name_u]Leslie[/name_u] over Maëlle)

And my little brother is Loïc (breton version of [name_m]Louis[/name_m], we all voted for a name that started in L, it is also my uncle’s first name)

[name_u]Ashley[/name_u] [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] - me (Not named after anyone - just names my parents agreed on)
[name_m]David[/name_m] Alymer [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m] (named after great-grand fathers, and a great uncle)
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] (named after the student nurse who helped deliver her)

Me- [name_u]Sydney[/name_u] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] ( just cause my mom liked it)
Bro- [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] (just cause my dad liked it)
No really big story behind them and the only name i would use is maybe [name_f]Elise[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] half-sister’s name is [name_f]Melissa[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]. As far as I know, they were just names my dad and his first wife liked.

[name_f]My[/name_f] half-brother’s name is [name_m]Derek[/name_m] Sandlin. His middle name is his mom’s maiden name.

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom loved the two names together and thought they sounded “classic”. [name_f]My[/name_f] dad liked that [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] had a “Southern” sound, as he is from [name_u]Texas[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] first and middle names are both of English derivation, like our surname, and that was done on purpose.

[name_f]My[/name_f] younger brother’s name is [name_m]Robert[/name_m] [name_u]Tyler[/name_u]. He goes by [name_u]Tyler[/name_u], as [name_m]Robert[/name_m] is our dad’s first name. Again, his first and middle names are of English derivation, like our surname, and that was intended.

Interesting trivia:

• [name_f]My[/name_f] mom has since told me she wished she’d gone with a family name for my middle name, like [name_u]Carden[/name_u], which is a surname on her side.
  • [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I have picked the name “[name_f]Annie[/name_f]” for our first daughter. Only after this was chosen did I find out my dad would have liked to use that name for me!

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] (me)- [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is the feminine form of [name_m]Charles[/name_m] (which is my dad’s name), and [name_m]Blasi[/name_m] is the last name of my great-grandmother. They changed to [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] though because [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] is better than [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_m]Blasi[/name_m]

[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]- This was before [name_f]Ava[/name_f] was mega popular. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister’s name wasn’t even in the top 80 when she was born! They liked [name_f]Ava[/name_f], and [name_f]Charlotta[/name_f] is the name of my other great-grandmother. But they changed [name_f]Charlotta[/name_f] to [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] because they liked [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] better.

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Dominica[/name_f]- Yes, [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is the middle name of [name_f]Ava[/name_f], but my parents LOVED the name. It was the only name my dad liked from my mom’s list! And this is before [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] became mega popular as well. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] wasn’t even in the top 100 the year my sister was born! [name_f]Dominica[/name_f] is to honor my great-grandfather, [name_m]Dominic[/name_m].

I like the names my parents used, but they look odd in a subset. [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. They are different styles! [name_f]My[/name_f] name was relatively popular when I was born (in the top 100 list, it was in the late-middle of the list), so my parents wanted to make sure my sister’s names were less common, while still being on the top 1000 list. [name_m]Little[/name_m] did they know how popular these names would become. I like these names on their own, so maybe when I have children, I’ll use them.

[name_m]Aaron[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] - [name_f]My[/name_f] father’s name is [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] and my mother always loved [name_m]Aaron[/name_m]

[name_f]Nina[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] (me) - [name_f]My[/name_f] mother’s name is [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and my fathers grandmother was named [name_f]Nina[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucille[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]’ [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] - She was actually named after [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] Ball, and my maternal grandfathers name is [name_m]Louis[/name_m], so [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is sort of a form of that.

[name_f]Alyssa[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] (all middles are family names)