What are your favorite names?

Here are my lists:
Girls(I love names from all over the spectrum, from trendy, to classic, to traditionally male names, etc…but in most cases I believe I would go with a more classic name with something fun in the middle…)
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Ayelet[/name] (eye yeh let or eye-let)
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Hadassah[/name] (I like the combo [name]Hadassah[/name] [name]Lily[/name], nn [name]Hallie[/name])
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Addie[/name])
[name]Greer[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
Nourah (I like the Arabic spelling better, though I know it would always have to be corrected!)
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Briar[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] (the [name]Lu[/name]-cee-ah pronunciation)
[name]Tirzah[/name] (tear-zah)
[name]Eithne[/name] (the Eth-NA pronunciation)
[name]Aideen[/name] (a-deen)
[name]Selah[/name] (say-la)
[name]Amina[/name]
Sreyah (I had a highschool friend with this name and I can’t remember how she spelled it, it was something like this…pronounced Sah-ray-ah)
Shaima ([name]Shay[/name]-maa) it’s not on this site, but it’s arabic and means good-natured
[name]Anjali/name --nn [name]Anju[/name]. Sanskrit/[name]Indian[/name] name…meaning joining hands/offering with both hands

Names I love as nicknames:
[name]Millie[/name]
[name]Minnie[/name]
Masie
[name]Mercy[/name]
[name]Manie[/name] (main-ee)
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]

For boys I [name]LOVE[/name] biblical(mostly old testament) names, I tend to think of them as manly and less likely to be seen on girls with the way the trends go, I could be wrong though :wink:

[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Asa[/name]
[name]Titus[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] (short for something…[name]Griffin[/name] perhaps)
[name]Milo[/name] (doesn’t seem like a full name to me, but I haven’t come up with a longer one…)
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Neal[/name] (doesn’t make sense, but nn [name]Nealson[/name]…I know a little [name]Neal[/name] and we call him [name]Nealson[/name] as a nickname, his mom calls him Nealo!)

I could go on all night!
I’ve loved reading everyone’s list!!

I’m expecting a girl in [name]April[/name]… I knew it would be a girl as we only had a boys name picked out, lol

Top 10 Girls

1. [name]Jocelyn[/name]
  2. [name]Anneliese[/name]
  3. [name]Mira[/name]
  4. Eversen/Eversan/Eversyn
  5. [name]Arianna[/name]/Ariauna
  6. [name]Cadence[/name]
  7. [name]Carys[/name]
  8. [name]Sadie[/name]
  9. [name]Bronwyn[/name]
  10. [name]Sophia[/name] (mn)

Top 10 Boys

1. [name]Rhys[/name]
  2. [name]Brodie[/name]/[name]Brody[/name]
  3. [name]Tristan[/name]
  4. [name]Gabriel[/name]
  5. [name]Micah[/name]
  6. [name]Joshua[/name]
  7. [name]Tripp[/name]
  8. [name]Finn[/name]
  9. [name]Brock[/name]
  10. [name]Cassian[/name]

Everybody has some great names!
My favorites right now:
BOYS:
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Dawson[/name]
Bentely
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]

GIRLS:
[name]Juliette[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]

Wow mlmommy you must have great taste, LOL. All three of my sons’ names are in you top 5!

Here are my six grandchildren’s names:

[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Jewell[/name]- mn comes from her greatgrandmother

[name]Alayna[/name] [name]Colleen[/name]- middles name comes from her mother’s sister

[name]Anneka[/name] [name]Linnea[/name]- very Swedish first and mn, mn comes from her greatgrandmother

[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]William[/name]- mn comes from his dad’s father

[name]Noelle[/name] [name]Grace[/name]- mn comes from her great-greatgrandmother

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]- mn comes from his mother’s uncle

I love all these names. I’ve heard the name [name]Anneka[/name] mentioned a lot in threads. I believe that the spelling with an ‘I’ is more common, but the pronunciation is actually more of an ‘e’ sound.

My daughter is expecting #7 in [name]August[/name], 2009. So we’re doing the whole name thing now! I like [name]Naomi[/name] for a girl. And I like [name]Elliott[/name] for a boy. My daughter likes [name]Gwendolyn[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] for a girl. Not sure about her boy’s name.