What are your impressions on Marina and Julia?

Not including my sons, my daughter’s names are:

Is@bel, Lili@na, & Emili@.

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] and [name_f]Marina[/name_f] have been favourites of mine for years. DH is just now warming up to [name_f]Marina[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] soft spot for [name_f]Marina[/name_f] is because it could possibly honour my grandmother M@ria.

Thanks in advance. :relaxed:

Edited to say, if you could please not use my daughter’s names in your post. Thanks again.

I love love love love LOVE them! I grew up in [name_u]Brazil[/name_u] where they are quite popular and both have a place in my heart.

1 Like

I agree – names like Louisa, Juliet, Evelyn, and Eleanor, etc. are much more vintage than Julia, which, at least in the US, has stayed consistently popular for far longer. If you can’t tell, I consider myself a proud drummer in the “Julia is a classic” band!

To me, Julia is silly and mysterious, has great, curly brown hair that’s warm chestnut in the afternoon sunlight, and at night, dark and enchanting, leaving an extraordinarily regal shadow against her cottage walls, which seem to stretch high and solemn against the candlelight. She also wears swinging, earthy dresses, and laughs and dances often; she’s absolutely bewitching; womanly yet girlish at the same time!

Both Julia and Marina are fab, but I find Julia richer and, if I’m nitpicking, Marina has a slightly shrill “rina” sound, but it does make me think of chic ballerinas and it is an honor name for you. Frankly, I have always loved both names too and can understand why you’re torn!

1 Like

I absolutely think of [name_f]Julia[/name_f] as classic. [name_u]Love[/name_u] your description of her :two_hearts:.

Thank you so much. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like [name_f]Julia[/name_f] and [name_f]Marina[/name_f]! They feel familiar but not overused.

I do find [name_f]Julia[/name_f] to have a slightly harsh sound in Spanish, but it’s not that bad. (That being said, I think [name_f]Marina[/name_f] sounds nicer in Spanish).

1 Like

I’m loving [name_f]Julia[/name_f] with your other names. Good luck :heart_eyes: they’re all such beautiful names. Saw something the other day that said “spent 9 months making sure she had the perfect name, only to call her squishy” :joy:

2 Likes

I love your associations with [name_f]Julia[/name_f]- it’s my name, and I’ve always thought it was snobby-sounding. The way you describe it makes me like it more!

2 Likes

Lol so true!

Took us so long to decide on youngest son’s name, and we still call him Baby at home lol. I don’t know why we do that actually. :laughing:

Thank you. :relaxed:

I love your name. I’ve never thought of it as snobby. Maybe because I’ve never known a [name_f]Julia[/name_f], so I don’t have that association.

1 Like

This made me so happy! I know what it’s like to feel like your given name is too ___ to fit you properly, so I’m glad my impressions could help you see your name in a warmer light :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Oh my goodness, isn’t that the truth!! We painstakingly picked out my daughter’s names only to call her the most ridiculous nicknames - “Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Bug” came out of my mouth yesterday - what even is that?? :rofl:

1 Like