What are YOUR kids named?

@maymay love all your daughters’ names especially [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] and [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] :slight_smile: look forward to seeing what you name your 5th! :slight_smile: when are you due?

@maymay love all your daughters’ names especially [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] and [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] :slight_smile: look forward to seeing what you name your 5th! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beautiful! :slight_smile:

My gorgous boy is [name_m]Archer[/name_m] [name_m]Nelson[/name_m].

His middle name was decided when I was a teenager - it’s my maiden name, and my husband was on board with that idea even when we were dating (his mn is his mother’s maiden name, so it’s carrying on tradition from both sides). I only have sisters, so it’s a special link between my dad and his first (and currently only) male descendant.

[name_m]Archer[/name_m] is a name we heard on a TV show when we first started to date, so it was always on the radar. While I was pregnant, we also agreed on [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] (which we both still love), but didn’t make any firm decisions until moments after he was born and he just looked more like an “[name_m]Archer[/name_m]”.

We don’t call him [name_m]Archie[/name_m], partly because we prefer his full name, and partly because it doesn’t really suit him.

Boys names are easy - we’ve always been on the same page about them. [name_f]Heaven[/name_f] help us if we ever have a girl though!

My daughter is named [name_f]Maura[/name_f] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f].

[name_f]Maura[/name_f] is a name I have loved for a long time. I went to see a play when I was in high school because one of my friends was performing in it and another actress on the cast was named [name_f]Maura[/name_f]. I don’t even remember what the play was called or what character the girl played or anything, but I just really liked her name. (I was already a name nerd.) Her name was pronounced More-a (like [name_f]Laura[/name_f] with an M), so that’s how I pronounce my daughter’s name. Some people say Mahr-a instead, and I like that fine too. My husband is Irish and Catholic, so it ended up being just perfect because [name_f]Maura[/name_f] is an Irish version of the name [name_f]Mary[/name_f].

[name_f]Lucille[/name_f] was my grandmother’s name. I didn’t get to spend much time with her growing up because we moved half way across the country when I was very young, but I loved her very much. She was caring, generous, and loyal. She loved horses and books and the color blue. She was a writer for a newspaper and she took all her own photos to accompany her pieces. My husband only met her once, but he thought she was so sweet. It was actually he who pushed for us to use her name, I was hesitant. I’m so very glad we did, though. Grandma was really pleased that we did. She passed away earlier this year, before she and [name_f]Maura[/name_f] ever got a chance to meet, but [name_f]Maura[/name_f] and I attended her funeral. [name_f]Maura[/name_f] doesn’t look much like her at all, but she is very good with words (for a 1 1/2 year old), so maybe she’ll be a writer some day too. She also has the bluest blue eyes. The name [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] means “light” and she is the light of our lives. We call her [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] as a nickname sometimes, just because we like that name, although my grandmother was never called [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] that I know of.

Although I’m only expecting my first child… I have two stepsons, [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_m]Ryker[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]. Their mom fell in love with [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] after - of course - [name_f]Angelina[/name_f] [name_f]Jolie[/name_f]. My DH chose his middle name, beginning with the letter ‘O’ to honor his family. [name_m]Ryker[/name_m] was a last minute decision, as he was originally [name_u]Cruz[/name_u]. Again, [name_m]Ryker[/name_m] was her decision, middle name honors her father.

We just found out we’re having a little girl. Had she been a boy, she’d be Macsen [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. We’re 90% sure we’ll be naming her [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] means ‘golden’, which is my grandmother’s maiden name… and [name_f]Louise[/name_f] honors my mother.

:slight_smile:

We named our daughter [name_m]Shaan[/name_m] [name_u]Piper[/name_u]. [name_m]Shaan[/name_m] (pronounced [name_m]Sean[/name_m]/ [name_u]Shawn[/name_u]) honoring my FIL who suddenly passed away of cancer. He went by [name_u]Shan[/name_u] which was actually a nickname derived from his last name. I thought adding the extra “a” in [name_m]Shaan[/name_m] would look more feminine. Growing up, I hated the name [name_u]Piper[/name_u]. It just seemed weird to me. Fast foward many years later…My sister liked it and would always mention it in our many name conversations. The more she mentioned it…the more I came to love it. It was always sitting in the back of my mind. While at work one day, the thought hit me to use [name_m]Shaan[/name_m] on a girl since I’m really not fond of it on a boy. Instantly loved the thought…so I was trying to pull names from my list for a mn. The two that stood out were [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] & [name_u]Piper[/name_u]. [name_m]Shaan[/name_m] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] wasn’t feminine enough but [name_u]Piper[/name_u] fit perfectly. It took DH a while to come around to using [name_u]Piper[/name_u] as a middle but he caved eventually. I call her by her first & middle regularly which I’ve been told by my northern DH is only a southern thing :wink:

Hello! I have an Avaleigh too… We are in Australia! :grinning:

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there :slight_smile: we met an [name_f]Avis[/name_f], an [name_f]Aviana[/name_f] and even a Arrieta (not sure how it’s spelt) but not another Avaleigh! Very cool. Our Avaleigh is almost 7 now and we are in [name_u]Sydney[/name_u]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you pronounce her name [name_f]Ava[/name_f]-lee or Av-eh-leigh? She likes to be called [name_f]Avie[/name_f] (pronounced A.V.) or [name_f]Ava[/name_f] but her school insists on and other kids like calling her Avaleigh.

7 years later we have just the two kids and planning to leave it at that but if we had another girl I would like the name [name_f]Daisy[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Shayna[/name_f] [name_u]Maria[/name_u]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]Merritt[/name_u]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Virginia[/name_f]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Elena[/name_f]

[name_f]Shayna[/name_f] [name_u]Maria[/name_u] - [name_f]My[/name_f] husband just liked the name [name_f]Shayna[/name_f], [name_u]Maria[/name_u] is my FN
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]Merritt[/name_u] - [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] from Legends of the Fall and [name_u]Merritt[/name_u] was my great grandfather’s MN
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] - named after her grandmothers ([name_f]Sherry[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] and [name_f]Georgine[/name_f] [name_f]Virginia[/name_f])
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] - I did NOT like the name [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] and we fought for days over it, my husband won, [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] is what I would have named him. Now I couldn’t see him named anything else
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Elena[/name_f] - also from Legends of the Fall, it was not popular at all in the late 90’s. very unique at the time, and [name_f]Elena[/name_f] is my MN

So nice to hear from you! We are in Brisbane and the name is not as popular in Australia as it seems to be in [name_u]America[/name_u]. There is a girl though in NSW named Avaleigh [name_m]Rock[/name_m] who has been part of big stage shows who is about 12 years old.

We are due to have a play date soon with an [name_f]Avalee[/name_f] who lives an hour away with nn Aavie :grinning:

I pronounce Avaleigh as [name_f]Ava[/name_f]-[name_u]Lee[/name_u] but others do call her Av-a-lee which is pretty so I don’t mind it.

Her nn is [name_f]Avy[/name_f] as in A.V which are her initials also.

So nice to see another Avaleigh name! I appreciate you taking the time to reply :grinning: regards, [name_f]Larissa[/name_f]

4 Aussie [name_f]Avie[/name_f]'s :slight_smile: :). That should be a fun, interesting play date. Yep a few people pronouce our [name_f]Avie[/name_f]'s names Av-a-lee but I don’t mind that either for the same reason. Thanks for reaching out, I’ll show her your messages, she would enjoy that :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] kids are named (from oldest to youngest) [name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_u]William[/name_u], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_u]Campbell[/name_u] [name_f]Faye[/name_f], [name_u]Grady[/name_u] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], [name_f]Kenleigh[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], and [name_f]Mallie[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f]. [name_u]William[/name_u] in [name_m]Ford[/name_m] is after my brother, my dad’s dad, and my grandmother’s dad. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is after my grandmother’s aunt, and [name_f]Faye[/name_f] is after my mom’s dad’s sister. [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] is after my cousin [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]. Then [name_f]Kenleigh[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is after nothing we just loved it. [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is after the most beautiful waterfall I have ever seen, and [name_f]Mallie[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f] is after absolutely nothing. We just loved it. Sometimes i feel bad for some of my kids names having meaning and some not, but I get over it. Whatever.:relaxed: