What are YOUR kids named?

To all the moms on the site, I’ve read a lot of threads with name advice from you guys, but never seen the names of YOUR kids. It is nice to hear everybody’s dream names, etc, but I like getting a feel for what kids are out there for real.

So, what are your kids first and middle names? Nicknames? [name_u]Story[/name_u] behind why you chose the name? [name_m]Just[/name_m] whatever you feel like sharing :slight_smile:

Note: Yes, I do know that I can’t stop fakers from posting here, but fakers usually aren’t hard to spot. Lol.

I only have one son, named [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m].
I would love to say that his name has a whole lot of meaning but the truth is we both just really loved the names. [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] was my DH favourite throughout the entire pregnancy, and once he was born [name_m]Felix[/name_m] just seemed to suit him, he WAS a [name_m]Felix[/name_m].

thanks for starting this thread vienna, i am really interested to read why people chose the names they did.

My kids are in my siggy, but I’ll happily share their names and stories :slight_smile:

First we had our son, [name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_u]Maurice[/name_u].
“[name_u]Kai[/name_u]” came from the Finnish surname “[name_f]Kaija[/name_f]” ([name_u]KYE[/name_u] uh) which is actually DH’s mother’s maiden name . She is very proud of her Finnish heritage, and truly likes her maiden name, and the sound of many Finnish names in general. We thought it’d be a cool way to honour her.
“[name_u]Maurice[/name_u]” was my paternal Grandfather’s name. My family is from [name_f]France[/name_f], so we thought it’d be nice to get a french family name in there. His name is very multi-cultural…and we love it!
*Had [name_u]Kai[/name_u] been a girl, his name would have likely been [name_f]Kaia[/name_f]. We wanted to use the name, but keeping the “J” would have just given her trouble with pronunciation all her life. Other boy names we considered were [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_m]Soren[/name_m].

Next we had a daughter, [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]. We call her “[name_f]Evy[/name_f]” (EH vee) sometimes.
“[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]” as it turned out is the middle name of my maternal Great Grandmother. However we first added this name to our list because we simply liked it. Finding out it was a family name of someone so special just sealed the deal!
“[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]” is my middle name. It was a name that my mother loved and chose for me simply because she liked it so much. I thought it would be special to pass on a name without going as far as naming a junior (which isn’t our style).
*Had [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] been a boy she would have been [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]. I don’t recall seriously considering any other names as a couple…

Our third child is also a girl, [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. We call her “[name_f]Irie[/name_f]” (EYE ree) sometimes, and also “Booboo”…although I’m not sure why!!
“[name_f]Iris[/name_f]” was the name at the top my my list, while “[name_f]Alice[/name_f]” was the name at the top of DH’s list. Since the names were so similar and we couldn’t use them together, and considering we both loved eachother’s choice almost as much as our own…we literally flipped a coin! We gathered family, and vowed to each of us be happy either way. :slight_smile: Needless to say, the coin flipped in the favour of “[name_f]Iris[/name_f]”, and we’ve both always loved her name!! [name_m]Even[/name_m] DH says it was meant to be :slight_smile:
“[name_f]Jane[/name_f]” was a name I had liked for some time. When it came time to give [name_f]Iris[/name_f] her full name, I simply asked my little sister what she thought went nicely with “[name_f]Iris[/name_f]” and she said “[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]”. I loved it, and used it. As simple as that :slight_smile: Kind of a way to honour my sister too in a way!
*Had [name_f]Iris[/name_f] been a boy she would have gone nameless for some time…LOL. DH liked [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m], I wasn’t sold on it. By that time we had our dog, who we had named Bastion…so [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] was out. I liked [name_m]Levi[/name_m], [name_m]Ryder[/name_m]…I don’t even remember…and DH hated everything I came up with. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] she was a girl!

1 Like

What a positively handsome name!! DH loves [name_m]Felix[/name_m] right now…and I just adore [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]! I actually have this combo on my list! Good job naming!

I have one daughter, [name_f]Maeby[/name_f] [name_f]Alana[/name_f]. I chose [name_f]Maeby[/name_f] from the TV show Arrested Development, but not because of the character. I just liked the name! It was unique and she will probably always be the one and only, yet is still isn’t so far out there and is similar to a lot of names. [name_f]Alana[/name_f] was chosen after my husband’s middle name, [name_m]Alan[/name_m], and a student I taught. It is pronounced [name_m]Ah[/name_m]-[name_m]LAY[/name_m]-nah.

Now we are on the hunt for a name for baby number 2, gender unknown…we have a lot of hard work ahead of us!

We currently have a daughter, [name_f]Fern[/name_f] Terise, and a son coming any day now.

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] was just a name I really, really loved. It’s an old name, I don’t know any other Ferns, and of course I like the nature vibe. It was a name on our short list, and once I heard it out loud in a movie (when you start listening to and reading every name you come across), I knew that was the one.
Terise (pronounced like [name_f]Therese[/name_f]) comes from her two grandmothers, [name_f]Terra[/name_f] and [name_f]Denise[/name_f]. It’s a terrible, made up spelling, but I love how the two names sound together, and it’s not everyday that two names that mean something can combine and make one.

[name_m]Little[/name_m] boy we’ve decided on [name_m]Clyde[/name_m], for no reason other than we like it. I was looking for an old, uncommon name, while my boyfriend was really drawn to western type names.
[name_u]Francis[/name_u] will be his middle name, which is my dad’s middle name. He’s been waiting for a little boy for 26+ years, and [name_f]Fern[/name_f] just adores her pappaw. So it’s our little way of honoring him, but we’re waiting till he gets here to tell him.
If [name_m]Clyde[/name_m] doesn’t suit him, [name_m]Walden[/name_m] will be his name. [name_f]Fern[/name_f] refuses to call him [name_m]Clyde[/name_m], and likes to grab my belly and talk to “wahlwee.” It’s adorable, and, as silly as it sounds, makes my decision harder.

Ooh love this thread!

Well our eldest son [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] was named after one of my husband’s favorite authors [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] (he was an English major in college). I feared though him being called “[name_m]Nate[/name_m]” since I wasn’t a fan of that nickname but I thought he’d have a better chance of being called by his full name if we shortened it to [name_m]Nathan[/name_m]. And I’ve learned that some nicknames are simply unavoidable but for the most part, his friends & of course his family call him [name_m]Nathan[/name_m]! As far as [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] for the MN, we just loved it right away and felt like it sounded good with [name_m]Nathan[/name_m]. No real story behind that one.

For our eldest daughter, [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], she was named after both her grandmothers. My mother, [name_f]Charlene[/name_f] and my husband’s mother, [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. [name_m]Both[/name_m] of whom had passed away before she was born. We occasionally call her [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] though.

By the time my second daughter arrived, we were plum out of ideas! And for whatever reason, naming another girl seemed to be a lot harder for us. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] came from my love of the name from when I was a little girl. It had sort of been in the back of my mind until we came across it again in a baby book & I knew it would be a perfect fit for our family. Her MN [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] came from yet another aspect of literature named after the English poet [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u].

And for my little baby, [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], (no NOT named after [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] Pound), we liked the strong biblical roots and the name also means “help” and I want to instill in my children to be helpers and to strive to always do what they can to give to others. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] for the MN was again just another one of those names we came across and liked and immediately knew it fit.

Lastly, for our newest addition we are expecting, I honestly got a lot of inspiration from this site. [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] was a name I had come across before but after it being suggested on here, I really reconsidered it again for whatever reason I had took it off the table. Again, I like the biblical roots of it and [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] means “dove.” Which symbolizes purity, beauty and of course flight. My husband and I didn’t think we could have any more children but we always wanted 5. It was like our golden number and we got it. [name_u]Reid[/name_u] is another name we just liked but also named after my high school teacher Mr. [name_u]Reid[/name_u] and also a great mentor to me throughout my life.

Can’t wait to hear all of your stories!

My oldest is [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. I call her “[name_f]Claire[/name_f] bear” as a nn. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is a name I have always love, since I was a child. I always said my first daughter would be named [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. Since I didn’t give my DH a choice about her name, I let him choose the middle name. He chose [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] after his grandma. (My fn is [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], so people often assume it is after me). He calls [name_f]Clara[/name_f] “[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]”

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]'s name we just liked. We decided with the second pregnancy it would be oliver [name_u]Michael[/name_u] or [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] right off the bat. [name_u]Michael[/name_u] is after my father. We usually just call him oliver, although I do sing-song it sometimes like in the musical [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] Twist.

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]'s name we tormented over, and is actually how I wound up here. We had a whole list, couldn’t agree on anything. Finally a light bulb went off in my husbands head. We met during a production of [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in wonderland in college. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] my grandma actually picked out. I wanted to name a child after her, but her name doesn’t work with our last name.

My eldest is [name_m]ReubeN[/name_m] [name_m]SauL[/name_m]. [name_m]ReubeN[/name_m] is a name we saw in a baby name book. We knew immediately this was his name and we loved the meaning ‘behold, a son’. Before he knew his sex we were toying with the idea of using all family names [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] but Twilight happened so we changed our minds! Our back up name was [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. We decided that the mn slot was for honouring family as our baby needed his own name (plus mil was wanting to choose her father’s name for baby). We chose [name_m]SauL[/name_m] as it rhymes with DH’s name and means ‘Wanted: prayed for’ and as he was 3 years in the making we thought it fit :slight_smile:
[name_f]CoRdelia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] - [name_f]CoRdelia[/name_f] was DH’s choice - he’s a [name_f]Buffy[/name_f] fan and I’m a [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] fan so I love it. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is my mother’s name.
I love her name, it’s so versatile - she’s [name_f]Cordy[/name_f], [name_f]Cordy[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]DeeDee[/name_f] but now she’s 3 she loves her full name [name_f]CoRdelia[/name_f].
[name_f]PeRsephone[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] was my choice. [name_f]PeRsephone[/name_f] was a name I found thanks to Nameberry - by the third child I was stuck for ideas :slight_smile: I was hesitant to use it at first and I know DH had reservations but when she was born I knew it was her name. I seems a big name for a baby and the midwife and my in-laws were funny about it at first. My bil said ‘you called her [name_f]Sesame[/name_f]?’ Ha! People usually mishear and say ‘[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]’ or ‘[name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]’ but they get used to it. I tell them [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] is a character in a novel ‘Noughts and Crosses’ by [name_f]Mallory[/name_f] Blackman and they should read it :slight_smile: DH is also happy as [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] is a Matrix character - he likes his TV/Movie references :slight_smile: [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is DH’s gran’s name. We call her Sephie most of the time but as she gets older we call her more by her full name.
If we have another I’m all out of ideas…that’s why I’m here researching.

[name_f]Love[/name_f] that pronunciation :slight_smile:

@jadealexandra

Great names you picked :slight_smile: [name_u]Kai[/name_u] reminds me of that Canadian show Being [name_f]Erica[/name_f] and I just adore your girls nicknames and how they are pronounced Eh-vee and Eye-ree, really gorgeous.

My little girls are Sophira Li ([name_f]Sophie[/name_f]) and Avaleigh [name_f]Beth[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] (Aavie).

I always thought one day if I would have a baby girl I would name her something like [name_f]Savana[/name_f] or [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] [name_f]Ava[/name_f]. However, when I was 6 or 8 months along with [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] I was watching tv and a movie called Eragon came on and I heard the name [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]. I just knew in my heart that was it. A powerful, defined, feminine name. I didn’t care about people referring to the dragon movie when they heard her name it just seemed right. My hubby and I discussed nicknames, he didn’t want her to be nicknamed Saffy so we decided on Sophira instead as it’s really similar anyway and we would call her [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] most times. We wrote out different spellings like [name_f]Safira[/name_f] but they just didn’t look right. I looked up Sophira on Facebook and surprisingly there were loads men and women all over the world with that as a first name or surname. I found that really interesting. My husband choose her middle name Li to honour my [name_f]Asian[/name_f] heritage and family. Her name means pretty and powerful and she was born in the year of the tiger. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though some people think her name is a typo sometimes and we didn’t get much reception about it when she was born, she really suits her name and wears it well. We don’t know anyone who has met another Sophira too which I think makes it more one of a kind (at least in Australia :slight_smile: I love all the different accents of her teachers and friends saying her name. The kids at her daycare find her name such a novelty too :slight_smile:

With our second little girl Avaleigh, we liked the names [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] but we thought [name_f]Ava[/name_f] was too common and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] sounds too much like our surname. I love Gone with the Wind and [name_u]Vivien[/name_u] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] so I choose [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]. [name_u]Lee[/name_u] is also a family name (part of the reason we choose [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]'s middle too). One of my nicknames is also [name_f]Lil[/name_f]/[name_f]Lily[/name_f].

We were thinking [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] or [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] almost throughout the whole nine months when I was pregnant with both girls. I loved the idea of a [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] or [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] as nicknames but with our surname, they would be set up to be teased.

I decided to use the name [name_f]Beth[/name_f] as a middle. I prayed the Hail [name_f]Mary[/name_f] every day walking to the hospital a few years ago when I
almost lost my husband (then fiancée). I didn’t want to use the name [name_f]Mary[/name_f] but wanted to honour her so I choose [name_f]Beth[/name_f] from Bethlehem where she gave birth to [name_m]Jesus[/name_m].

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]'s was a restaurant my family used to go to a lot when I was a child and i had incredible memories getting up and dancing to the piano player with my siblings (they thought my brother was part of an act :slight_smile: My husband is a No Doubt fan and I have a cool work friend called [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] too.

Aavie’s name I also saw quite a bit of on Google search and Nameberry. It’s much more popular in the US then anywhere else. Her name has gotten more compliments then her big sister’s name. A few people including family members had trouble pronouncing it and mispronounce/d it Av ( as in Avenue or [name_f]Avalon[/name_f]) ah-lee but I don’t mind as I find that way of saying it pretty too.

If we were to have another child one day (maybe if we won [name_u]Lotto[/name_u] or had a surprise) I find the names [name_u]Seth[/name_u] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] ? just thrilling :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My chap is called [name_m]Silas[/name_m], we had a hard time with boy names and were just very relieved we agreed on something! His middle names are those of his grandfathers, [name_m]Robert[/name_m] & [name_m]Patrick[/name_m].

We have one daughter, called [name_f]Odelia[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. [name_f]Delia[/name_f] was a name we crushed on for ages, before we started to TTC, but we wanted a full name for it with [name_f]Delia[/name_f] as a nickname. We found [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and liked it but once we found [name_f]Odelia[/name_f], we knew it was the one. Honestly, [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is just a name that we really liked too, but her grandma’s name is [name_f]Eve[/name_f], so that’s the main reason we chose it.

As for nicknames, she gets called [name_f]Odelia[/name_f] most of the time but we call her [name_f]Lia[/name_f] or [name_f]Dee[/name_f]/[name_f]DeeDee[/name_f] sometimes.

I have 4 girls and am expecting our 5th child in late [name_u]January[/name_u].

[name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]- I have always loved the name [name_f]Emerald[/name_f], and since she was born 6 weeks early she was considered my little gem. She goes by Eme, or [name_f]Emer[/name_f]'s (M-ers). [name_f]Grace[/name_f] was chosen to honor my hubby’s sister that passed 7 days before [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] was born.

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]- [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] helped name [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]. I felt the names really sounded good together and I wanted to include [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] in the naming
process. [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] nickname is [name_u]Sky[/name_u] and we called her that when she was a baby and it kind of just stuck. [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]'s middle name is [name_f]Hope[/name_f] to honor my mother-in-law and it matched well with Emeralds middle name.

[name_f]Avalon[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]- [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] name was chosen by my husband that always wanted a child named [name_f]Avalon[/name_f]. I agreed and completely adore this name. [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] goes by [name_f]Ava[/name_f], but prefers being called [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] rather then [name_f]Ava[/name_f]. Her middle name had to go with the theme of our other girls, so it was chosen she would be [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f].

[name_f]Naomi[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]- [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] was chosen because we loved the meaning and again it just felt right. [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] goes my [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] and doesn’t have a nickname. [name_f]Faith[/name_f] just fit well with her first name.

For our 5th child that we are keeping the gender a secret, we are going with either [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] or [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

I love name stories!

[name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_f]Hattie[/name_f]- [name_f]Layla[/name_f] was taken from the [name_m]Derick[/name_m] and the Dominoes ([name_m]Eric[/name_m] Clapton) song. I just always loved it. [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] was my great-aunt’s name. She was a sassy woman and my grandpa’s favorite sister. Since he was in the beginning stages of Alzheimer’s, I though this would be familiar to him. It was, and he called her “[name_m]Little[/name_m] [name_f]Hattie[/name_f]” until the day he died :slight_smile:

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]- I’m slightly embarrassed to say that ever since I watched the movie “Pretty Woman”, [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] has been a favorite name of mine. So, ya. Her name came from a character that was a prostitute. [name_f]Faye[/name_f] is the middle name of my aunt and cousin. It also rhymes with my middle name ([name_u]Kaye[/name_u]) and my husband’s middle name ([name_u]Ray[/name_u]).

So interesting to read these! [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] names :slight_smile:

I just realized I never even posted my boys’ name stories. Lol.

My eldest is Zevediah [name_m]Aston[/name_m] [name_u]Lyle[/name_u]. He’s only ever gone by [name_m]Zev[/name_m]. He was given Zevediah because: Well, we started out honoring a [name_m]Zachariah[/name_m]. We weren’t sold on having a [name_m]Zachary[/name_m], and [name_m]Zachariah[/name_m] itself was not an option. We liked Zecheriah, but we were kind of bleh. We started getting really uninspired, so we decided to branch out. We looked up Z___iah names and viola, we were in love! Lol. We like the meaning (“God has Given”) and sound. [name_m]Aston[/name_m] is because: my husband and I both love [name_m]Aston[/name_m] [name_f]Villa[/name_f]. I’m not even kidding. We’re a little ashamed but we like it anyways; we named our kid after a soccer team. [name_u]Lyle[/name_u] because: it was the name of a man who saved my grandfathers life during the war, and it meant a lot to my grandpa that we used it.

My little guy is Koa [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m]. Koa has such a great meaning (“brave, bold, fearless”), and we love the sound. (Rhymes with the ever popular [name_u]Noah[/name_u]). [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] is the name of a man who basically raised me, and [name_m]Graham[/name_m] was my husband’s favorite that loosely honors his father. :slight_smile:

I love this post it’s so interesting to read. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Robert[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m]: We named our oldest son [name_m]Robert[/name_m] after his grandfather’s brother who had passed away a few weeks before I started dating my Husband and he was really close to his great-uncle/godfather and he wanted to honor his memory since he had looked up to his great-uncle so much and would spend summers at his house helping with chores. We chose [name_m]Louis[/name_m] as his middle name after an old family friend from when I was growing up who got me interested in teaching.

[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u]: We chose [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] after [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] (nee [name_m]Evans[/name_m]) because I fell in love with the name and my husband liked it too because [name_f]Lilies[/name_f] were his mom’s favorite flowers so we honored her that way. Her middle name [name_u]Rain[/name_u] comes from when we had first said I [name_f]Love[/name_f] You to each other it had been raining outside and I had gotten mad at him and had started walking home in the rain and he had followed me in his truck and yelled that he didn’t know why he loved a hot-tempered girl like me. We ended up kissing in the rain and saying we loved each other so we chose [name_u]Rain[/name_u] as our daughters middle name

[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]: We chose [name_f]Laura[/name_f]'s first names after my favorite author [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Ingalls [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] and after my husband’s favorite book series the [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] boys whose mother was named [name_f]Laura[/name_f]. Her middle name [name_u]Jean[/name_u] is actually a family name coming from my great-great grandmother [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] and in our two families they like to pass names down from generation to generation and it also my sister’s middle name and me and my sister were very close growing up and are only 16 months apart.

Our son is [name_m]Travis[/name_m] [name_m]Nevin[/name_m]. We chose [name_m]Travis[/name_m] simply because, despite hours of conversation and shared ideas for names, it was the only name that made both of our lists. I prefer less popular names; DH prefers common names. DH likes it because it sounds “manly” and is traditional; I like it because it has a pleasing sound, is no longer ‘en vogue,’ and is easily spelled and remembered. It suits him beautifully.
[name_m]Nevin[/name_m] is in honor of DH’s maternal grandfather, who plays a very special role in DH’s life. We had a choice of names to honor Grandfather, as he has always been called by his middle name of [name_u]Merle[/name_u]. We chose [name_m]Nevin[/name_m] because we feel it sounds better with [name_m]Travis[/name_m], and is Grandfather’s legally given name. [name_m]Nevin[/name_m] also sounds great with our Irish last name.
I love the repeated “[name_f]VI[/name_f]” in my son’s name- it sounds energetic and peppy. And unlike repeating sounds in a first and last name, it won’t grow wearisome. :slight_smile:

My 8-year-old [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Martin[/name_m] is named after his grandfathers. He was [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] as a baby but is now just [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] (no nickname).

Our third [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] [name_m]Joshua[/name_m]'s name was chosen because of our Scandinavian heritage, and [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] was the closest I could find to something meaning [name_m]Joshua[/name_m]'s son. My hubby and I both agreed on his name instantly.

Our 2nd son, [name_u]Kaelen[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], is a very different story. He was due one day before my grandfather’s birthday so [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] was instantly decided on for a middle name. His first name is a longer story, I’m still not completely sure how we came up with it. He was born the year of the writers strike, we spent our cold winter & my third trimester watching the first six seasons of Smallville (Superman’s origins) on DVD. We joked about naming him [name_m]Clark[/name_m], but given our nerdiness we thought he would get him beat up. We discussed many other names including Nikolaus but still didn’t have a name the afternoon after he was born. After my hubby teased me with the suggestion [name_m]Kal[/name_m]-[name_f]El[/name_f] (Superman again) Nikolaus lead to [name_m]Collin[/name_m] which lead to [name_m]Caelan[/name_m], out of which we came up with [name_u]Kaelen[/name_u]. I don’t know where we got the spelling from, and oddly enough I found it on older name lists we had made and crossed off. Now in kindergarten our [name_f]Kae[/name_f] is a HUGE Superman fan, and is more in love with his name than anyone else I know. I never would have thought I would give my child such a unusual name, but there is no way he could possibly be anyone else!

Now if we could only come up with a name for their baby brother coming this [name_f]Spring[/name_f]!