What are your pet's names?

Wow, everyone’s pets have such fancy names! I’m impressed :slight_smile:

I only have one dog currently (but he’s definitely enough!) who is a [name]German[/name] [name]Shepherd[/name] named Tsar [name]Hercules[/name]. Originally I wanted to name the first big dog I had, Lurtz, after a rather gruesome character from LOTR but after meeting my dog, it just didn’t fit. So I decided I wanted a name that meant ‘[name]King[/name]’. We tossed up between [name]Kaiser[/name], [name]Caesar[/name], [name]Rex[/name], [name]Zeus[/name], [name]Pasha[/name], [name]Pharaoh[/name] and even [name]King[/name]. I was leaning towards [name]Kaiser[/name] until my father suggested Tsar and it was like a light bulb going off :slight_smile: [name]Hercules[/name] sort of eventuated because he thinks he’s half man, haha, and he’s super strong.

If and when we get another one I have [name]Juno[/name] [name]Atalanta[/name] picked out for a girl. [name]Juno[/name] being [name]Zeus[/name]’ wife and [name]Queen[/name] of the Heavens and [name]Atalanta[/name] was the name of the only female Argonaut who could out run all men.

Great topic!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Cats:
Tuppenny ‘Tuppy’ (named by my brother)
[name]Theodora[/name] ‘[name]Teddy[/name]’ & [name]Pandora[/name] ‘Panda’ (I named them when I was 12)

Past Pets:
Pyewacket ‘Pye’ (cat, named by my mum)
[name]Isador[/name] & [name]Algernon[/name] (guinea pigs, named by myself at age 9)

The most recent addition to my ‘animal family’ is a Persian Himalayan kitten; her name = [name]Juno[/name] Gracen [name]Bleu[/name] ([name]Juno[/name]).
I have 2 Chocolate Labs, their names are:

• Sweet [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Kiley[/name] Browne ([name]Sophia[/name]). She is the older of the two at 8 years of age.
  • [name]Sampson[/name] [name]Guthrie[/name] [name]Buster[/name] Browne ([name]Sampson[/name]). He will be turning 2 years old in February.

All of their names hold special significance that was specifically tailored for each. :slight_smile:

Best,
L.

My first Airedale Terrier was called [name]Chloe[/name] (we named her in 1996 before the name became popular for children!) and our current Airedale Terrier is [name]Remington[/name], called [name]Remi[/name]. His name suits him so perfectly.

• I love your cats names. I’m sorry to hear that Fender passed away recently, though.
    If you decide to get another one, you could always go with Gretsch, Epiphone, Ibanez, etc. (if you’re naming them after strictly electric guitars, that is!)
    Best,
    L.

We have two bichons, brother and sister named [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Bogart[/name]. They have white fur so we wanted names that meant white. I chose [name]Daisy[/name] and DH chose [name]Bogart[/name] (after [name]Humphrey[/name] [name]Bogart[/name]'s white suit in Casablanca). Sometimes I’m sad I used [name]Daisy[/name] for the dog, because I would love it for a little girl, hehehe!

I have a white, short-haired cat named [name]Artemis[/name]. She’s named after the cat from [name]Sailor[/name] [name]Moon[/name], but with the knowledge that [name]Artemis[/name] is also the name of a Greek goddess. She goes by many names as well: [name]Artie[/name], Arts, Boo Boo, Boo Ghosty, BB, Sweetie Pea, T-mas, and T-baby. I have never called her [name]Missy[/name], which a lot of people think is strange. I couldn’t love her name more, and rejoice whenever I come across someone (usually an elderly woman) who shares her name! I sometimes wish I would’ve saved it for my future daughter, but I don’t know if I would’ve had the courage to use it.

Previous pets include:
[name]Toby[/name] (orange tabby w/ white, name given by animal shelter) called Tobes, T-bone, Bones, O-B, and [name]Toby[/name] Pepperoni
Duchess (black lab, given name by her first family) called Dutch, Dutchie, [name]Apple[/name] Pie
[name]Dixie[/name] (mutt) who was only called that. Another name I’d like to, but never could, use for my child.

Dogs:
Lady (3 years) is a pomeranian, it wouldn’t have been my first choice for her, but we got her when she was 2 & that’s a little late to change her name. She gets called Turkey Girl (by my mom) and Ladybird most.

[name]Ruby[/name] (14 months) is a long-haired dachshund. Her name was originally [name]Lucy[/name], but I didn’t think it fit her. We call her [name]Ruby[/name] Roo, Roo, Doo, and Bad Dog most of the time.

[name]Dixie[/name] (5 months) is a lab mix. [name]Dixie[/name] is what the people who had her were calling her, and we couldn’t come up with anything else that fit her personality. She goes by [name]Dixie[/name] [name]Lou[/name], [name]Dixie[/name] Doo, and [name]Dix[/name].

Bullet (5 months) is a lab mix and [name]Dixie[/name]'s brother. He’s my brother’s dog. The only problem I have with the name is that it gets shortened to “Bull” and “Bully/Bully Boy” a lot.

Cats:
[name]Bella[/name] (4 years). She went through a few dozen names before I settled on [name]Bella[/name]. I call her [name]Bell[/name], Bellza, Bellanina, Bellzaboo, and about a million other nicknames.

Peanut (2 1/2). Not very imaginative. I wanted to name her [name]Charisma[/name], but Peanut stuck, unfortunately.

Lucifer (18 months). I was going through a phase. Ha! He pretty much goes by [name]Louie[/name] and [name]Lou[/name] and I call him Loubert.

[name]Jesus[/name] (18 months) is [name]Louie[/name]'s brother. He’s the sweetest thing ever.

[name]Moses[/name] (13 months). I figured I’d keep the semi-biblical theme going. He goes by [name]Mose[/name], Mr. [name]Mose[/name], and Moseby.

Chow (10 years), my brother named him when he was 5. He’s about 25 pounds and eats everything in sight, so it’s a name that fits perfectly.

Twin (8 years). It was only supposed to be a nickname until we came up with something better, but it stuck.

We have two dogs. [name]Billy[/name] and [name]Betty[/name]. [name]Billy[/name] got his name from his previous owners. He was bred to be a show dog and his official name was [name]Billy[/name] the Kid. :wink: [name]Betty[/name] got her name… well… because she looks just like [name]Betty[/name] Boopy. No kidding. We thought [name]Billy[/name] and [name]Betty[/name] sounded cute together too. The names sound like an old married couple. :slight_smile:

I have a pitbull / lab mix named [name]Betsy[/name] and her middle names is [name]Ross[/name] :slight_smile:
2 parrots named [name]Max[/name] and [name]Toby[/name] (no middle names sadly)
And one cat named [name]Lynx[/name] but he also goes by Lynxifer and Lynxy

We have a cat named [name]Henry[/name] and a Doberman named [name]Selena[/name].

1 Like

Three cats:

[name]Korbin[/name] [name]Bruce[/name] [name]Willis[/name] [name]Dallas[/name] - American Shorthaired [name]Tabby[/name] [name]Male[/name]

Sake Shiitake - American Longhaired [name]Tabby[/name] Female

Rollergirl “[name]Rollie[/name]” - American Shorthaired Female

Past Animals:

[name]Dirk[/name] Digler - American Shorthaired [name]Cat[/name]

[name]Romeo[/name] (Siamese [name]Cat[/name]), [name]Teddy[/name] Boy ([name]German[/name] [name]Shepherd[/name]), [name]Mitzi[/name] (Shitzu)

[name]Lily[/name] [name]Belle[/name] is my Chihuahua.
[name]Calvin[/name] is my mom’s [name]Golden[/name] Retiver.
Sweet Pea is my Guinea Pig.
[name]Honey[/name] is my Guinea Pig.
Master [name]Chan[/name] is my brother’s fish.

Past pets:

Cats - [name]Cleopatra[/name] nn [name]Cleo[/name], Pebbles, [name]Missy[/name], [name]Annie[/name]
Dogs - [name]Max[/name], Patches, [name]Bella[/name]

Sadly we currently do not have any animals

past pets R.I.P:
dog - [name]Sammy[/name]
cat - [name]Ziggy[/name]

the current family cat is called [name]Phoebe[/name] :slight_smile:

My cat is called Filou :slight_smile:

Our black lab puppy is named [name]Barney[/name]. He also gets called [name]Barn[/name], [name]Barnabus[/name], [name]Barnaby[/name], [name]Barnaby[/name] [name]Jones[/name] and Barnyard.

My boyfriends cats who I have informally adopted:

[name]Dom[/name] (He has long black & white fur)
[name]Louis[/name] (He has big blue eyes and yellow & white fur)
[name]Libby[/name] (She is [name]Louis[/name]’ litter-mate. She has blue eyes and multi-colored fur)

My yellow lab is named [name]Brody[/name] [name]Caleb[/name].
[name]Brody[/name] was a name I really liked when we were ttc, but my dh didn’t like it… During that same time I was asking for a dog but again dh wasnt on board. One day he found a baby bunny in our yard. It looked like it was barely big enough to venture out of the nest. Well hubby has a soft spot for bunnies so he said I could keep him. I named him [name]Brody[/name] and dh was completely fine with it. We got attached to [name]Brody[/name] the bunny but he died, he was just too little… the bunny is what made my dh give into getting a dog…so [name]Brody[/name] seemed natural choice. I’ve always thought [name]Caleb[/name] means “dog” though I know it does have a nicer meaning too. So [name]Brody[/name] [name]Caleb[/name] he became. My dh calls him BK sometimes but the dog knows he is [name]Brody[/name] [name]Caleb[/name] when he’s in trouble :slight_smile: also gets called Brode, Brodster…

We have a full size goldendoodle, his name is [name]Linus[/name]! We’re considering getting a second and are contemplating the following names: Pebbles for a girl or [name]Gilbert[/name], [name]Franklin[/name], or [name]Odie[/name] for a boy!

Growing up I had two goldens [name]Timber[/name] and [name]Taffy[/name].

We have a [name]West[/name] Highland Terrier called [name]Belle[/name] and 2 cats [name]Socrates[/name] ‘socks’ & Casanova ‘[name]Nova[/name]’