What are your pet's names?

I ahve two kittens, [name]Shauna[/name] and Figgy. [name]Shauna[/name]'s middle name was [name]Marley[/name] but has become [name]Carly[/name] for some reason, and Figgy has earned the names Figgy Pudding Tomkins Butternut Cookie [name]Jack[/name] (for various things.) We also have a goldfish named [name]Bob[/name] xD. What about you?

I love the way your names keep evolving. I think that is how pets’ names are. I have a kitty name Beaux, and I feed an enormous stray tom I call Boulder. I think it is ridiculously cute. Far too cute. Whether you hear it as [name]Bow[/name] and Bolder – however you hear it, it is too cute. I didn’t plan it – I hate cutsey sib sets! I just called them after some trait. Beaux is very cute (and I thought she was a boy when I named her). Boulder is a honkin’ rock of a cat, a massive – well – feline boulder. And he isn’t exactly my cat. I just feed him.

Past canine loves include –

[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Celinda[/name]
[name]Jezebel[/name]
[name]Lizzie[/name] ([name]Elizabeth[/name])

Each name, needless to say, has a story – a story for another time.

Spike (long haired-dachshund) and [name]Willow[/name] (tabby cat). Yes, I am a “[name]Buffy[/name]” fan :smiley: But, I do not thing I will be continuing the theme with my next dog or cat.

lol I was a [name]Buffy[/name] fan too and named a kitten I had a few years ago [name]Buffy[/name], before I realized how immensely popular [name]Buffy[/name] is for pet names.
My other kitties: [name]Sen[/name], a female siamese, Setsu, her younger siamese sister, [name]Dusty[/name] (the step-child haha) and [name]Halcyone[/name], a little black snob.
We also happened to take in three wild mice that were dying (I know, who would do that?) Anyway, they are Church Mouse, House Mouse and Boy Mouse.

cats - [name]Lilly[/name] and [name]Ozzy[/name] :slight_smile:

turtles - [name]Stormy[/name] and Spike :slight_smile:

I have a pemproke welsh corgi named [name]Dexter[/name]. And yes, we named him for the show, his mn is [name]Morgan[/name]. We call him by both when he is in trouble or we want to get his attention. He actually responds to it.

Dutchess and [name]Marley[/name]- dogs
[name]Gibson[/name] and [name]Jackson[/name]- cats (after guitars), had Fender also, but he passed away a few weeks ago. :frowning:
[name]Lock[/name], Shock, and Barrel- anoles
And Tuttle the turtle

My dog’s real name is [name]Nikita[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] (rottweiler), however she has many NN: Boo, Boo Boo, Boo [name]Love[/name], Kita, Ba-Bus, and many more that I cant think of right now.

Our [name]Mini[/name] Australian [name]Shepherd[/name]'s name is [name]Lacey[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. And we have a cat named [name]Charlie[/name] who we also call; [name]Chuck[/name], [name]Charles[/name], and [name]Kitty[/name]. He doesn’t have a middle name though which is odd, it seems like we only give our female pets middle names.

[name]Ziggy[/name] - Pug
[name]Nemo[/name] - [name]Cat[/name]
[name]Shadow[/name] - [name]Cat[/name]
[name]Ace[/name] - Gecko
Oreo - Rat

[name]Black[/name] Lab mix named [name]Rivers[/name] Megatron (yes, I let my husband pick it)

i have to girl pomeranian’s
[name]Harlow[/name] & [name]Shiloh[/name]

I have:

Dogs
[name]Dylan[/name]: We ‘borrowed’ a labrador cross puppy from its owner whilst taking its sibling to visit its new potential family, just for company. All day we were calling him [name]Dylan[/name] even though we weren’t going to have him. When we returned him to his owner, she was filling in a cross word with the answer being [name]Dylan[/name]. When we got him, we put 16 names in a hat and pulled out [name]Dylan[/name]. We just had to have the puppy and we had to call him [name]Dylan[/name]!

[name]Bruno[/name]: We just saw a picture of this little [name]Jack[/name] [name]Russell[/name] and just had to have him! We just instinctively knew he was [name]Bruno[/name]

Cats
[name]Skipper[/name]: Named after the brand of cat basket where he was born
Gandalf: A stray gave birth in our house, and a friend wanted the first male kitten that was born and wanted to call him Gandalf. Ironically he came out grey and white! Unfortunately they had to move house so we had him back :slight_smile:
[name]Molly[/name]: My mum just wanted a little girl called [name]Molly[/name]

Guinea pig
[name]Grafton[/name]: Named after my favourite author [name]Sue[/name] [name]Grafton[/name]

My mom was in love with the Beatles, so my first dog was named [name]Lucy[/name] (after [name]Lucy[/name] in the sky with diamonds), our cat (who actually only liked my youngest sister [name]Poppy[/name]) was [name]Rita[/name] ([name]Lovely[/name] [name]Rita[/name] Meter Maid) and my brother Jaspers pet rock (the kid could never keep a pet alive on his own) was called [name]Jude[/name] (hey jude).

I have a Welsh Terrier puppy named [name]Hadley[/name] Brenin. [name]Hadley[/name] we just liked and Brenin means “the [name]King[/name]” in Welsh. My family have a Maltese named [name]Scout[/name] [name]Wilbur[/name]. [name]Scout[/name] was named after the main character in To Kill a Mockingbird and the pig in [name]Charlotte[/name]'s [name]Web[/name].

I have 3 dogs -

Mishka, a Lab mix
Zerbie, a [name]Collie[/name]/Rottie (?) mix
…and we, erm, received an older Mastiff who had the relatively boring name [name]Jesse[/name], so we rechristened her…
Majestica, the wussy Mastiff

My family has two dogs and a cat. We all voted on our dogs names, my dad chose the cat’s name though.

Present Pets:
[name]Shasta[/name] [name]Rain[/name]: Pit-mix (I picked the middle name)
[name]Birdie[/name] [name]Belle[/name]: Lab-Pit-mix (Had no idea about the actress until later)
[name]Carmel[/name] Pumpkin Cute: [name]Calico[/name] [name]Cat[/name] (my brother picked this when he was about six. It stuck)

Past Pets:
[name]Coco[/name] [name]Chanel[/name]: No idea (died two years ago)
[name]Duke[/name] Frankincence: [name]Jack[/name] [name]Russel[/name] (chaos for four years)
[name]Mary[/name]: Goldfish
[name]Goldie[/name]: The Past 6 Goldfish owned.

We have a 5 year old shih-Tzu named [name]Isabella[/name] [name]Jade[/name] and she answers to a variety of nn including: [name]Izzy[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Bell[/name]-[name]Bell[/name], Izz-Bizz, and many more:) We also have a 3 year old boy dog named [name]Bailey[/name]. He is a shih-tzu mix and he answers to [name]Bubba[/name], [name]Bailey[/name] Boy, or of course his given name:) They are both very intelligent and I love them as if they are my children (no babies yet).

We followed the naming trends of the times for our dogs:

1990 [name]Gracie[/name] McDogus
1992 [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Angelique[/name]
2005 [name]Theodore[/name] (always called [name]Teddy[/name] or [name]Ted[/name])

I have so many “pets”. I have five cats and two dogs that live with me but I feed over 30 stray cats every night. They are homeless and one colony lives behind an auto body shop here in town and the other colony lives behind our local Hardee’s. A friend and I have have put out shelters for them and had them neutered but because they are semi-feral (they only come to me or [name]Heather[/name]) they are unadoptable.

My dogs: [name]Henry[/name] and Binky
My cats: [name]Tallulah[/name] [name]Belle[/name], [name]Leonardo[/name], [name]Merlin[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Delilah[/name]

My strays: [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Franklin[/name], [name]Sonny[/name] [name]Bono[/name], [name]Bridget[/name] [name]Bardot[/name], [name]Frank[/name] Sinatra, [name]Peggy[/name] [name]Sue[/name], [name]Angelina[/name], [name]Molly[/name], [name]Percy[/name], [name]Samantha[/name], [name]Savannah[/name], [name]Sasha[/name], [name]Simon[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name] (those last five are litter mates), [name]Pip[/name], [name]Grayson[/name], [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Grace[/name], Faithful, [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Simba[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Tess[/name], [name]Izzy[/name], [name]Dmitri[/name], [name]Pasha[/name], [name]Heidi[/name], [name]Attila[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Cecil[/name], Spanky, Voo-Doo, [name]Black[/name] [name]Jack[/name], [name]Tango[/name], [name]Jacque[/name], [name]Jake[/name] and [name]Carlo[/name].

Oh and there’s also [name]Frank[/name] and [name]Jesse[/name] - two big old tom cats who show up on my front porch from time to time.