What do kids think is a cool name?

Calling all parents of young children, aunts and uncles, older siblings, nannies, etc…

I would like you to ask the kid(s) in your life what they think is a “cool” name & share their responses here! (Especially if its funny!)

Thanks!!

3 Likes

My 3 year old cousin names her toys [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_m]Kristoff[/name_m], [name_m]Olaf[/name_m] & [name_m]Sven[/name_m]. Have a guess where they’re from :joy:.

8 Likes

My youngest nephew (2 years old) says “Dada” haha. The oldest nephew (7) says “[name_u]Ash[/name_u]” (he’s really into Pokemon).

6 Likes

@lucyxo Haha! One of my best friends is 21 next month & I wouldn’t be surprised if her future children are named [name_f]Anna[/name_f] & [name_m]Kristoff[/name_m]!

When my brother and I were little and my mom was pregnant with my other younger brother, we wanted to name him either [name_m]Nemo[/name_m] or [name_m]Neon[/name_m], which we thought were incredibly cool. The parents, not so much.

3 Likes

My sister is 12 so not super little but her favorite names are [name_u]Parker[/name_u], [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] for boys and for girls she likes things like [name_f]Daniella[/name_f], [name_f]Hailey[/name_f], and [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]! So I think names that sound like popular kids names and then pretty girl names seem kind of popular!

1 Like

I watch girls who are two and four, and I know that when they first found out they were going to have a younger sibling, the four year old says “it’s a girl, and her name’s [name_f]Mary[/name_f]” (neither of which are true btw). I thought it was so refreshing to hear the name [name_f]Mary[/name_f] getting some love!

8 Likes

Mary is such a classic! :heart: That little girl has good taste!

3 Likes

She sure does! Sadly, her parents weren’t into it (it was a boy anyway though)

1 Like

I don’t have any little kids in my family atm. But I remembered when I was younger, I liked the names [name_f]Cindy[/name_f] abd [name_u]Sydney[/name_u] for girls for some reason. And the name [name_m]Colton[/name_m] I always liked.

2 Likes

My son wanted to name the baby [name_m]Cassius[/name_m], but she popped out a girl.

1 Like

My name is [name_f]Mary[/name_f]! I love hearing it on little kids since I’m not used to hearing it on people my age (late teens)

3 Likes

My niece is 12, and she wants to name a girl [name_f]Reina[/name_f] because it means queen in Spanish. [name_u]Liam[/name_u] for a boy because it starts with the same letter as her name. :woman_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

My seven-year-old niece’s two favorite dolls are named [name_f]Adline[/name_f] (her spelling) and [name_u]Hunter[/name_u].

1 Like

My 5 yo says [name_u]Levi[/name_u] (his) and RX80100 (stormtrooper kind of name):smirk::blush: my 3 yo says [name_f]Princess[/name_f] :princess: :laughing:

2 Likes

My daughter (she’s 4) has 3 names on rotation at the moment: [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] and [name_f]Clarabel[/name_f] :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I asked my four youngest siblings. Here are their answers:

15-year-old brother:
Girls
[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Brisa[/name_f]
[name_u]Allie[/name_u]
[name_f]Beretta[/name_f]
Sarabeth

Boys:
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] (our cousin)
[name_u]Logan[/name_u] (his best friend)
[name_u]Madden[/name_u]
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m] (our oldest brothers name)
[name_u]George[/name_u] (a family name)
[name_m]Nehemiah[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_u]Remington[/name_u]
[name_m]Colt[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesson[/name_m]
[name_u]Ryker[/name_u]
[name_u]Walker[/name_u]
[name_u]Maverick[/name_u]

12-year-old sister:
Girls
[name_u]Cherokee[/name_u]
[name_f]Jaelyn[/name_f] (her best friends name)
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_u]Cheyenne[/name_u] (this is her name)
[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_u]Raven[/name_u]
[name_f]Rainbow[/name_f]
[name_f]Heaven[/name_f]
[name_f]Janna[/name_f]
McKinzi (my middle name)

Boys
[name_m]Clifford[/name_m] (her bio dads name)
Triztan
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_u]Skyler[/name_u]
[name_u]Hunter[/name_u]
[name_u]Logan[/name_u]
[name_u]Ryker[/name_u]

11-year-old brother
Girls
[name_u]Lexi[/name_u]
[name_f]Jaelyn[/name_f] (friends name)
[name_u]Payton[/name_u]
[name_f]Avigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f]

Boys
[name_u]Landon[/name_u] (his name)
[name_m]Tommy[/name_m] (his middle name is [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and we call him this occasionally)
[name_u]Bradley[/name_u] (our brothers name)
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m] (our oldest brothers name)
[name_m]Josh[/name_m] (cousins name)
[name_u]Ryker[/name_u]
Preacher

7-year-old brother:
Refused to answer other than say “uhhh your name ([name_f]Helen[/name_f]) is cool. And so is [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] Malachai (his name)” :joy:

For the most part I learned most kids are partial to their own names, at least as young children. They also tend to prefer the names of their friends and classmates as well as the characters in their favourite shows.

4 Likes

My younger cousin loves the name [name_m]Jaxson[/name_m] for a boy and call him [name_m]Jax[/name_m] and she said [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Mila[/name_f] or [name_f]Layla[/name_f] for a girl. She has some good taste lol

2 Likes

My daughter :heart: [name_f]Philomena[/name_f] and 13 years old niece lives [name_u]Percy[/name_u]

4 Likes

My 3 year old cousin has named her baby dolls [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Carla[/name_f], and [name_f]Madonna[/name_f]. We have no idea why though :joy:

5 Likes