What do kids think is a cool name?

Calling all parents of young children, aunts and uncles, older siblings, nannies, etc…

I would like you to ask the kid(s) in your life what they think is a “cool” name & share their responses here! (Especially if its funny!)

Thanks!!

6 Likes

My 3 year old cousin names her toys [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_m]Kristoff[/name_m], [name_m]Olaf[/name_m] & [name_m]Sven[/name_m]. Have a guess where they’re from :joy:.

14 Likes

My youngest nephew (2 years old) says “Dada” haha. The oldest nephew (7) says “[name_u]Ash[/name_u]” (he’s really into Pokemon).

9 Likes

@lucyxo Haha! One of my best friends is 21 next month & I wouldn’t be surprised if her future children are named [name_f]Anna[/name_f] & [name_m]Kristoff[/name_m]!

2 Likes

When my brother and I were little and my mom was pregnant with my other younger brother, we wanted to name him either [name_m]Nemo[/name_m] or [name_m]Neon[/name_m], which we thought were incredibly cool. The parents, not so much.

5 Likes

My sister is 12 so not super little but her favorite names are [name_u]Parker[/name_u], [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] for boys and for girls she likes things like [name_f]Daniella[/name_f], [name_f]Hailey[/name_f], and [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]! So I think names that sound like popular kids names and then pretty girl names seem kind of popular!

1 Like

I watch girls who are two and four, and I know that when they first found out they were going to have a younger sibling, the four year old says “it’s a girl, and her name’s [name_f]Mary[/name_f]” (neither of which are true btw). I thought it was so refreshing to hear the name [name_f]Mary[/name_f] getting some love!

16 Likes

Mary is such a classic! :heart: That little girl has good taste!

5 Likes

She sure does! Sadly, her parents weren’t into it (it was a boy anyway though)

1 Like

I don’t have any little kids in my family atm. But I remembered when I was younger, I liked the names [name_f]Cindy[/name_f] abd [name_u]Sydney[/name_u] for girls for some reason. And the name [name_m]Colton[/name_m] I always liked.

2 Likes

My son wanted to name the baby [name_m]Cassius[/name_m], but she popped out a girl.

2 Likes

My name is [name_f]Mary[/name_f]! I love hearing it on little kids since I’m not used to hearing it on people my age (late teens)

3 Likes

My niece is 12, and she wants to name a girl [name_f]Reina[/name_f] because it means queen in Spanish. [name_u]Liam[/name_u] for a boy because it starts with the same letter as her name. :woman_shrugging:t5:

3 Likes

My seven-year-old niece’s two favorite dolls are named [name_f]Adline[/name_f] (her spelling) and [name_u]Hunter[/name_u].

2 Likes

My 5 yo says [name_u]Levi[/name_u] (his) and RX80100 (stormtrooper kind of name):smirk::blush: my 3 yo says [name_f]Princess[/name_f] :princess: :laughing:

3 Likes

My daughter (she’s 4) has 3 names on rotation at the moment: [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] and [name_f]Clarabel[/name_f] :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

My younger cousin loves the name [name_m]Jaxson[/name_m] for a boy and call him [name_m]Jax[/name_m] and she said [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Mila[/name_f] or [name_f]Layla[/name_f] for a girl. She has some good taste lol

2 Likes

My daughter :heart: [name_f]Philomena[/name_f] and 13 years old niece lives [name_u]Percy[/name_u]

6 Likes

My 3 year old cousin has named her baby dolls [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Carla[/name_f], and [name_f]Madonna[/name_f]. We have no idea why though :joy:

8 Likes

These replies are killing me, so cute and so hilarious.

I don’t have any young children in my circle but when I was a wee tyke, I thought the best girl’s name of all time was Porcelain. Needless to say I’ve since amended that theory :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes