What do these names make you think of?

I’m curious to hear what your impressions of these names are. Tell me about a person you think might have a name, what aesthetic they fit, a song, a general vibe… whatever you associate them with. I’ll hide my thoughts in drop downs.

[name_u]Jude[/name_u]

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] is tall and dark haired. They wear jeans and t-shirts and hoodies, and they love music. They might skate, or at least they wear Vans. While they aren’t the most outgoing, they’re friendly, and everyone loves their sense of humor.
For some reason my mind associates [name_u]Jude[/name_u] with teal and a bit of scarlett.

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] feels pretty young to me. Their hair is sandy blond, and they have freckles on their cheeks. They are generally upbeat and fun to be around. [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] is probably into some kind of art, and they love small, furry animals.
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] feels like a golden yellow and ocean blue.

[name_u]Seren[/name_u]

[name_u]Seren[/name_u] is quiet and likes to watch the world around them. They are intelligent and love academics, and they spend much of their free time reading. They love being outside, especially on nights when the stars are out.
[name_u]Seren[/name_u] is sage green and navy blue.

[name_u]Fable[/name_u]

[name_u]Fable[/name_u] is definitely an art kid. They tend to get lost in their own thoughts, daydreaming about anything and everything. They are the kind of person who you could spend hours with without speaking, and yet it wouldn’t be awkward.
[name_u]Fable[/name_u] is lilac and sage green.

[name_u]Haven[/name_u]

[name_u]Haven[/name_u] has colourful hair and probably at least one ear piercing. They always have a creative idea, and sketchbooks are their best friend.
[name_u]Haven[/name_u] is various shades of purple.

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] → I immediately think of the song Hey [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. The name feels gentle yet strong to me. I picture a boy with brown hair who wears hoodies and is quiet until you get to know him, and is always making clever jokes when he’s comfortable with people.

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] → I picture a dinosaur? I do not know why :sob: (I googled it. [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] is a dinosaur character in an animated movie I haven’t seen but have heard of) I think an [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] would be sweet and energetic. I picture a little kid with dimples and curly hair, always running around, lots of light and life in his eyes.

[name_u]Seren[/name_u] → It feels peaceful and angelic to me, and makes me think of a tranquil lake or a halo. I imagine a [name_u]Seren[/name_u] to be sweet and calm, always wanting to help others.

[name_u]Fable[/name_u] → I think of fables and stories. I imagine a [name_u]Fable[/name_u] to be sweet, clever, creative, and quirky in a good way. I can’t picture a child called [name_u]Fable[/name_u] that doesn’t love fairy tales and playing make believe – running around barefoot pretending to be a pirate, building forts, creating stick houses for fairies in the local park…

[name_u]Haven[/name_u] → Surprisingly based on the popularity charts, this is the only name on this list that I know a real-life person with the name. I associate the name with the [name_u]Haven[/name_u] I know – clever, artistic, and reserved but friendly.

1 Like

[name_u]Jude[/name_u]- Hey [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. Cool name though. It’s hard to shake the musical association so I think of a broody, long-haired college-aged kid who stays in his room to write songs.

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]- I think that was from a Disney movie? I never saw it but remember seeing merchandise and commercials. I think of a cute little dinosaur. Not really my style but the -lo ending is kind of fun.

[name_u]Seren[/name_u]- I think of serenity, serendipity and the number seven. I picture a seren to be quirky. The kind of guy who flusters a female protagonist by being a “not like other guys” guy.

[name_u]Haven[/name_u]- this name feels intense to me, like a stormy sea. I know a couple of Havens who are sweet girls but the name feels dark to me.

[name_u]Fable[/name_u]- fairytales. I like the idea of this but it is hard to picture it on someone

1 Like

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] - I imagine someone relaxed, quietly confident and friendly.

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] is bubbly, friendly and enthusiastic. I imagine someone musical and active, but could easily see it on someone quieter too

[name_u]Seren[/name_u] is quiet, a little studious and mysterious. They keep themselves to themselves but are nice to talk to

[name_u]Fable[/name_u] is warm, and welcoming with a love for writing poems

[name_u]Haven[/name_u] is stylish and cool -they like taking pictures and videos

1 Like

[name_u]Jude[/name_u]: sort of gives me a religious vibe, the soft spoken ‘nice guy’ type
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]: …I have no idea, so many baby Arlos out there XD I think [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] is one of those names that can fit on more gentle or tough/cool people
[name_u]Seren[/name_u]: again gives me a religious vibe, very peaceful, artsy, introverted person
[name_u]Fable[/name_u]: honestly [name_u]Fable[/name_u] is very celebrity/influencer style so make that what you may
[name_u]Haven[/name_u]: just your normal teenage/young adult who hangs out with friends and play video games and is just super normal

1 Like

jude: artistic, loves poetry and wandering around cities with a book in the hand
arlo: energetic, loves painting, lives in a brooklyn loft full of colorful paintings
seren: quiet, reflective, loves the ocean and watching sunrises
fable: is a daydreamer, loves books and is an illustrator for children books
haven: lives in a fancy seaside town, in a big white house. loves water sports, sailing and is always dressed in neutral tones.

1 Like

These are my first associations

[name_u]Jude[/name_u]: Hey [name_u]Jude[/name_u] by The Beatles
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]: A dog
[name_u]Seren[/name_u]: [name_f]Serenity[/name_f]
[name_u]Fable[/name_u]: [name_m]Reynard[/name_m] the [name_u]Fox[/name_u]
[name_u]Haven[/name_u]: Seaport

[name_f]My[/name_f] uncensored reactions:
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]- St [name_u]Jude[/name_u], cancer, [name_m]Judas[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]- popular dog name
[name_u]Seren[/name_u]- unique, peaceful (serene)
[name_u]Fable[/name_u]- overly hippie-ish for me but not bad
[name_u]Haven[/name_u]- a little less hippie-ish, I normally don’t like “aven/avin” names but I don’t mind this one, peaceful

[name_f]My[/name_f] impressions:
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] - [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Law[/name_m], Hey [name_u]Jude[/name_u].
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] - …I don’t really have any associations with this name, other than I’d expect an [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] to be young (probably under the age of 10) and from an English-speaking country.
[name_u]Seren[/name_u] - Welsh girl, probably under the age of 30.
[name_u]Fable[/name_u] - The word and video game. Seems a bit hippie-ish to me.
[name_u]Haven[/name_u] - [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] Alba’s daughter.