What do you dislike about your first name?

I hated it in primary school because I was in a class with two others.

1 Like

I don’t really like how common it is, and it seems very plain to me.

Must have not been that rare :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I dislike that I have a full time nickname that doesn’t match my birth certificate name, it annoys me when I fill out official forms.

It’s made up.
It’s stereotypical (considered as “ultra religious, very conservative family” name.)
It was very trendy around the time I was born.

I have an honor name as my first name, but it is very associated heavily with Catholicism and religion. There are also a ton of nursery rhymes with the name so a lot of times I would get made fun of in a sense. And a lot of people think that I’m pretty uptight because of my name :confused:

Mostly that it’s another K name. I’m thankful it’s not one of the more common ones. I’ve never really had to deal too much with being a duplicate but I got the name at the back end of its popularity so it was HUGE in the 80’s and broke the top 50. But by 90’s it wasn’t as popular.

I hate all of the nicknames that go with it though so I’ve only ever been called by my full name. Sometimes my initials which are [name_m]Kip[/name_m] which is much better IMO.

My fn is J@cqueline, and when I was little I didn’t like having such a long name. One of my teachers called it “a dinosaur name” hahaha. I was jealous of the other kids who didn’t have to learn to write such long names.

Also, when people (typically older adults, like boomer age) shorten it to Jack. I HATE THAT. It’s like they’re trying to be “hip” or something but to me it comes off as condescending. I go by Jacq online sometimes and I let very close friends call me Jacq, but I hate it when random older people do it. Not a big fan of Jackie either but it’s pretty much inevitable so I live with it.

I like my name overall though.

Charlôtte. I don’t like how popular it has become and how there seems to be a [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] in most royal families now.

I don’t like the stereotypes. When people hear it, they think of “a rich, snotty brat”

How rare, yet how common it is at the same time. There are plenty of people with my name, but everyone spells it differently. No one can every spell it correctly, and the few girls I’ve met with my name spelt my way feel exactly the same about it.

It’s similar to [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m]
It’s another name for LSD
The only nicknames are Goose, [name_u]Luce[/name_u] or [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] (and as much as I hate it, Goose has ended up basically being my name in school)

1 Like

My full first name is becoming kind of trendy, which I only dislike because I’ve a mild concern that there will be a lot of babies with my name in the future. It’s still a good name overall though.

For my nickname, that there are so many fictional characters with the name!

Overall, I love my name.

But it’s commonly spelled 2 different ways. I happen to despise the spelling that I do not have, so when I receive emails with that spelling, it makes me bristle

My name wasn’t too common in school or college (I think only 1-2 other people had the name), but at my jobs it has been very common. I even worked at a small office where there were 3 of us with the name and my direct supervisor had the name. So our emails would be like “Hello x [insert body of msg] Thank you, x” :sweat_smile: Oh and I hate the nicknames associated with my name. I insist on people calling me by my full name or an unrelated nickname. It hasn’t been much of an issue, but some people have had a habit of using a nickname for my name on someone else and they had to break the habit…

My first name is S@rah. What annoys me is how many people misspell it!! Which i can’t understand because it is a quite well known and there is only one way of spelling it.

I hate that I have to repeat it 1000 times for people. I don’t like how it sounds. I don’t know, it just bugs me. Always has.

I think [name_f]Sara[/name_f] is a legitimate form of the name; I know people with both spellings. Sar@h is the intuitive one for me, though.

2 Likes

My name sometimes gets misread/misheard as [name_f]Cerys[/name_f], which I always find annoying, even more so when I was a kid. And when I emphasise that it’s CA-rys, people think I’m being rude and aggressive for no reason, which is also annoying.

But when people read it and hear it correctly, I love my name

I like most things about my name its not common and finding other people with my name was always kind of a fun once in a while experience. It did tend to get confused with a common boys name at the beginning of the school year because I was in a lot of classes with all boys. The part that I particularly don’t like is that I’ve had people tell me (like when I started at a new job) that they were hoping I’d go by a nickname because my full name feels a little southern bell and that it felt weird to use it. The whole southern bell thing has been brought up to me several times and I find that a bit annoying. I do go by a nickname most of the time

How many different spellings there are. Nobody ever spells it the right way first time.

It’s a basic white girl name :joy:

Its just sooooo popular, its barely left the top 40 for the past 20+ years!