Respondents: 12 (This poll is closed)

• Garnet Rose: 5 (42%)
  • Garnet May: 3 (25%)
  • Garnet Clare: 0 (0%)
  • Garnet Clara: 0 (0%)
  • Garnet Lillian: 2 (17%)
  • Garnet Marion: 1 (8%)
  • Garnet Catherine: 1 (8%)

I love [name]Garnet[/name] so much! There was a [name]Garnet[/name] in a book I read once and she was lovely and I think the meaning ‘Pomegranate’ is so fun :slight_smile:

good luck :slight_smile:

I really like it but it feels a bit daring. I know it was popular way back (like 1800s)… But i’m not sure what my mother-in-law and alike would think about it?!

It’s the kind of name I would keep secret until the baby is born (note: this is very hard for me as I get excited when I have some special secret)

Maybe I could offset the unusual ring of it with a more familiar MN… hmmmm

I went for [name]Garnet[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. I think it goes better with [name]Rose[/name] or [name]May[/name] - the very feminine name.

Personally, not loving [name]Garnet[/name] - but its a very fresh, unique choice which i am all for.

I love ‘et’ and ‘o’ for girls also, I suggest [name]Bardot[/name] to my hubby who immediately shot me down! Other girls names i like with these sounds are [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Harriet[/name], [name]Henriette[/name], [name]Bridget[/name], [name]Margot[/name] ([name]Mar[/name]-go)…

I’ve always thought of [name]Garnet[/name] as a boy’s name, but then I’ve only ever come across one, at middle school. It’s probably just an ingrained perception from this single encounter, but I suppose also the ‘gar’ feels a bit masculine to me. I can see it working for a girl too though.

I think I would keep [name]Garnet[/name] in the middle. [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Garnet[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] [name]Garnet[/name] are both beautiful choices!