What do you think about the name Clarissa?

Thoughts on [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]?

i think it’s pretty and very underused! i have a great aunt named lillian clarissa, and i always thought her name was quite gorgeous.

Mrs. Dalloway! And I really love that book so for that I like it. [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f] is pretty, spunky and rarely heard (a good thing in my mind).

I like it a lot! It feels sparkly and cool and spirited. I wish it got more appreciation on Nameberry!

I love it!! It is gorgeous.

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband’s grandmother was named [name_f]Clarisse[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] - (pronounced claire-ees) - and I always wanted to use her name for one of our kids :woman_shrugging:

[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f] feels sophisticated and elegant

1 Like

It’s a little frilly for me, I prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] but I would be really happy to hear this name used. It’s refreshingly elegant.

I like [name_f]Karissa[/name_f] & [name_f]Larissa[/name_f], but I’ve never been a huge fan of [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]. I’d blame it on the consonant cluster except that I do like [name_f]Clara[/name_f] & [name_f]Claudia[/name_f]. :woman_shrugging: But personal preferences aside, I think it’d be a good choice - it’s familiar without being overly common.