What do you think about the name Clementine?

Thoughts on [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]?

I don’t like it, personally. I don’t have pleasant associations with the fruit or the song, don’t prefer the [name_u]French[/name_u] pronunciation, and don’t like Clem/Clemmie. But it’s rising fast, so I’m sure you’ll find plenty of people who do like it. :two_hearts:

I do think it’s an excellent middle name choice.

2 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u], love, love the name Clementine!!

Country. And not in the charming way.

I think it’s sweet in theory but in practice it falls short as a name for a person. A cat, perfection!

1 Like

I just adore it. It’s quirky, it’s whimsical, and it has a plethora of nickname options. I like [name_u]Clem[/name_u] and [name_f]Tiny[/name_f].

1 Like

I wish I loved it… I love the fruit and the meaning! Plus [name_u]Clem[/name_u] and [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] are sweet.

I’ve considered [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], which I really like, but would probably never use her up front. I much prefer [name_f]Clementina[/name_f] and [name_f]Clemency[/name_f] myself. :heart:

1 Like

I think it’s so sweet! Very bubbly, energetic, and charming name.

I prefer [name_f]Clementina[/name_f] with the nickname Clemy.

I laughed at this. The one family I know with a Clementine are more hippy bohemian than anything. Not country at all! Their other kids have literary and biblical names, so I think of Clementine along those lines - vintage, almost literary.

1 Like

I think it’s bright, sunshine-y, and happy! It feels like summer in a name :tangerine::sunny:

3 Likes

It’s my very favourite girls name !

1 Like

It’s grown on me a lot over the past few years, to the point where I love it now and would use it as a middle (Clem/Clemmie is sweet but just a bit too close to phlegm for comfort).

I completely agree with this! It’s cute but substantial, bright, bold and zippy with bags of charm and character. And from a UK perspective, it feels more hipster/boho/quirky-chic than country, similar to Ottilie or Sylvie.

4 Likes

Personally it is t for me but I do follow a woman who has a daughter [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] and she has just announced the birth of her daughter [name_f]Marigold[/name_f].

[name_u]Clemmie[/name_u] & [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] are rather sweet together.

1 Like

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is a long time favourite of mine. Gorgeous, warm and lovely

I love Clementine! Feels very vibrant, sunny, and happy. Always puts a smile on my face :tangerine:

1 Like

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is a name I used to really dislike but have changed my mind on! Now I like it – I find it sweet and sunny and bright. I like the vintage energy it has, too.

I used to be bothered by the ‘Clem’ sound, it seemed awkward. But it’s grown on me and now I think [name_u]Clem[/name_u] and [name_u]Clemmie[/name_u] are adorable nicknames.

1 Like

I love the meaning and it’s so popular but I haven’t learned to like the name yet. It feels very cutesy and childish to me, like [name_f]Darling[/name_f] or [name_f]Honey[/name_f].

These are my thoughts exactly!

1 Like

I’m not keen. It has everything that I should like, really - but I think the fact that it’s become a very go-to hipster name puts me off - it’s the obvious alternative choice. Also [name_u]Clem[/name_u] / clems is a rude slang word for a part of the male anatomy where I’m from, so laughter would ensue everywhere. I’d like it on someone else, provided it wasn’t shortened which as I said would draw sniggers here.