What do you think about the name Talia?

Thoughts on [name_f]Talia[/name_f]?

1 Like

I really like the name Talia, it’s pretty. I also like it spelt this way because it’s not confusing and I think this was the original spelling. I use to like Natalia a bit more, but now I think I like Talia more, mostly because I can imagine Natalia on a bit of a mean girl. I once met a girl named Talia who was a support worker and she was really sweet and pretty.

I like it too, a lot, but somehow I think others would give me a hard time for using it. I don’t know why, but I do understand why you are asking.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! There is however many different ways to spell it so she may need to correct people. I personally don’t think it’s a huge dealbreaker but just pointing that out.

I know of 4 Talia’s: [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] (age 9), [name_f]Tahlia[/name_f] (age 10 & 15), and [name_f]Talia[/name_f] (age 18). [name_f]My[/name_f] personal favourite spelling is [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] (and is sometimes on my list!) but [name_f]Talia[/name_f] would be my second choice :relaxed:.

Warm and bright!!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it, though I prefer [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] spelling.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it!

But my favourite spelling is [name_f]Tahlia[/name_f]. To me it looks more complete and doesn’t have the confusing “Th” beginning that [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] has.

Nice name! Could also be a short form of [name_f]Natalia[/name_f], & also lends itself to cute nicknames such as [name_u]Tali[/name_u] or [name_u]Tallie[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

This name has been killing me lately. All of the spelling pronunciation issues just overwhelm me. I really like TALL-yah a lot, and I can handle TAL-yah. But I also know those aren’t even the only two options. I do prefer the look of [name_f]Thalia[/name_f], but I can’t even put it on my list because of the issues. Makes me sad because it’s gorgeous.

How is everyone pronouncing [name_f]Talia[/name_f]? I worked with a woman who insisted on correcting the pronunciation from Tahl-ya as if it was the second part of [name_f]Natalia[/name_f], so that it was said [name_m]Tah[/name_m]- li- a. (I’m not sure you can get the right idea from this) It became very tiring. For me [name_f]Talia[/name_f] seems like it should be a beautiful name. Perhaps it’s because it is the second half of [name_f]Natalia[/name_f], I’m not sure, I think it falls a little flat, a little short of beautiful.

I like it! It has a nice sound to it. [name_m]Easy[/name_m] to spell. [name_m]Easy[/name_m] to pronounce. It’s got a lot going for it!

I always wondered why in Russian [name_f]Natalia[/name_f] is shortened to [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] and never [name_f]Talia[/name_f], and then I learned [name_f]Talia[/name_f] is the Russian word for “waist”. I had to strike it off my list because I live in a Russian-speaking location, but it wouldn’t matter if you didn’t.

I love it, especially when it’s pronounced tuh-LEE-uh

its my name and i like it a lot.

i cannot stand that pronunciation; it’s my least favorite to get. i like tall-yuh better but obviously my favorite is the way i pronounce it- tally-uh if that makes sense.

Well it’s pretty much a different name altogether with the same letters, but seeing how it’s actually your name I can understand why it would be frustrating to have it pronounced in a way it’s not supposed to be

I think it’s a nice name, though the different pronunciations would be frustrating.

I really like it! I’m a bit biased though as it’s my sister’s name. We’ve always pronounced it as 3 syllables - Tal(like tally)-ee-uh, and call her [name_u]Tal[/name_u] for short.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! It does seem a bit incomplete though, but probably only a minor issue for me. I’d personally use [name_f]Natalia[/name_f], NN [name_f]Talia[/name_f].