What do you think?? Help with nickname?

What do you think of the name Avelyn? [name_m]Ah[/name_m] Vuh [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]? Any other ways you think we could spell it?? I really like the nickname [name_f]Avie[/name_f]. What other names could have they as a nickname?
My daughters name is [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] we call her [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
Does this go??

Thanks!!!

I prefer the [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] spelling, but Avelyn is cute as well.
Full names with [name_f]Avie[/name_f] as a nn:
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f]
[name_u]Havana[/name_u]

[name_f]Eliana[/name_f] and Avelyn/[name_f]Aveline[/name_f] are adorable together imo!

Thank you. Isn’t [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] pronounced differently thought? Like [name_m]Ah[/name_m] Vuh [name_f]Line[/name_f] ?

Now that Iam thinking it again, you are right… with the pronunciation you want, Avelyn might be the best spelling for you to use.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Lol okay. Or what about Avelin? Like that. Does it look better like Avelyn or Avelin???

Avelyn is nice! I do prefer the look of [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] but the pronunciation is clearer with Avelyn. I prefer Avelyn to Avelin though as the latter looks a little like javelin

[name_f]Avia[/name_f], [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f], [name_u]Avery[/name_u], [name_u]Waverly[/name_u], [name_f]Octavia[/name_f], or [name_f]Avril[/name_f] could be [name_f]Avie[/name_f]

I prefer Avelyn from Avelin. It looks cuter in my eyes. Avelin seems like it misses a letter.

Avelyn is very pretty and sounds great with the sister name. I think the “y” spelling works best for the pronunciation you are seeking.

Thanks guys!! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you all think [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] could work as a nickname too or no? I was liking [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] with nicknames [name_f]Avie[/name_f] or [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] but not sure if I like Avelyn better lol. :slight_smile:

Thanks

These two names are perfect together! Modern, on-trend, feminine, and sweet. Avienda and Avenida are other ways to get to nickname [name_f]Avie[/name_f], but for Avelyn I could see nickname [name_f]Aly[/name_f] or [name_u]Allie[/name_u] or [name_u]Lynn[/name_u].

What two names are perfect together??? And how is that name pronounced???

I meant that I think Avelyn and [name_f]Elliana[/name_f] are perfect as sisters. Avienda is pronounced [name_m]Ah[/name_m]-vee-end-uh, and Avenida is pronounced [name_m]Ah[/name_m]-ven-ee-duh.

To my eye Avelyn is prettier, & I think both [name_f]Avie[/name_f] & [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] work as nicknames.

A previous suggestion of [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] sounds fantastic w/[name_f]Eliana[/name_f] [name_f]IMO[/name_f], & [name_f]Avie[/name_f] & [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] would still work as nicknames.

Thanks guys!! I’m not a fan of [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] But am really liking Avelyn. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you guys think [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] or Avelyn is nicer???

That’s a tough one, but I’ve always loved [name_f]Aviva[/name_f]. Both names have some of the same fantastic sounds, but I prefer the flow of [name_f]Aviva[/name_f], and its liveliness.

Thank you! :). Anyone else have an opinion. I’d love to hear it

I like [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] a lot and I pronounce it ‘Av-uh-lin’.

I would have assumed Avelyn was pronounced AY-vuh-luhn (like [name_m]Avon[/name_m]).

I’m never sure whether [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] is Av(a as in cat)-vuh-line or Av-uh-leen. I’ve never heard any spelling pronounced as ‘[name_m]Arv[/name_m]’ at the start. (Is that what you mean by ‘[name_m]Ah[/name_m]’?)

I know a little Avelinn pronounced AYV-luhn.

Frankly, for me, there is such a mish-mash of spellings and pronunciations of this group of names that I’d be running a mile from them.

Honestly I don’t find the pronunciation of Avelyn super intuitive. That’s true of many names and not a huge deal but worth consideration.

I really like [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] with [name_f]Elliana[/name_f]. Sounds like a sophisticated princess.

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] or [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] is so pretty! Such an adorable name with big sister [name_f]Eliana[/name_f]!

I do like [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] but I think the spelling and pronunciation issues with [name_f]Avalyn[/name_f] would keep me from using it.