What do you think of Asher?

I’ve loved it for years, and until this site I had no idea how popular it was. [name]Do[/name] you think it will be too trendy in the coming years? Another consideration is we are not Jewish and it is a Hebrew name, I’m not sure of that really matters though. It is my top name choice though, and it goes wonderfully with [name]Trip[/name], my DS’s name.

I love the name [name]Asher[/name]!!! It is pretty popular on this site but that doesn’t necessarily mean that it is actually popular in reality and you might read of people considering the name [name]Asher[/name] but who knows if they are actually using it . I can see it rising more and more in popularity but I don’t see it becoming overused. It sits at #364 in the UK but not sure about in the US.

I love the name [name]Asher[/name] for males or females. There’s a gorgeous actress in Australia named [name]Asher[/name] Keddie who I think is increasing the popularity of the name for girls Down Under.

It’s definitely growing in popularity in the US as well as the UK. it was #139 in 2010, I beleive it’s even higher now. Honestly, I don’t think it’s popular enough, yet, to be a problem, though.
I personally love the nickname [name]Ash[/name], but I’m not as keen on [name]Asher[/name]. It seems too short and soft for my personal tastes, but I definitely see the appeal. And I agree it does sound quite good with [name]Trip[/name]! I don’t think it’s origin is a problem at all, I wouldn’t have guessed is was Hebrew. I don’t think most people will know that. Nothing wrong with bridging cultures anyhow.

I love [name]Asher[/name] for a boy! It’s in my top 4. It only ranks at number 139 in the US, with 2,817 births in 2010. I do think it’ll grow in popularity, but I doubt it’ll get too much more popular. Compared to [name]Jacob[/name]'s 21,875 (which is almost 10 times the number of Ashers born in 2010–and [name]Jacob[/name] is still only around 1% of the little boys born), I don’t think it’s too bad. :slight_smile: [name]Asher[/name]'s a great name, and it has the dapper, fun, charming nn [name]Ash[/name]. :slight_smile: The only time I ever came across one was when I was at the doctor’s office once a year or two ago, and I would love to meet another adorable little [name]Asher[/name]!

ETA: I don’t think it would be a problem to use if you’re not Hebrew or Jewish… [name]Asher[/name]'s a great name! Like one of the PPs said, I don’t very many people connect that it’s Hebrew. [name]Asher[/name] was one of the sons of [name]Jacob[/name], and it means “happy, blessed, fortunate.” I don’t think it’s any different from using something like [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Noah[/name], or [name]Benjamin[/name], all of which are really popular right now!

I love [name]Asher[/name]. It’s the third boy name on my list of 4 that I’m planning on possibly using. I love the nickname [name]Ash[/name] and it just sounds so much better than [name]Ashton[/name]. I don’t think it’ll ever be trendy, but it is getting a bit popular.

[name]Asher[/name] is a such a great name - one of my absolute faves. Personally, I don’t think the fact that it’s Hebrew should matter. I’m not Jewish but most of the names I like are Hebrew, probably because of my religious upbringing. As far as it’s popularity, I think it depends on where you’re from. I’m in [name]Florida[/name] and I’ve never met/heard of an [name]Asher[/name], but I’m sure it’s more popular elsewhere. If you love it, go for it!

I like [name]Asher[/name]. I like also ths similar less popular [name]Archer[/name].

I’ve always like [name]Asher[/name] and it was on my shortlist for a few years. I wouldn’t necessarily judge popularity on this site as sign of trendiness. Nameberries are not your average namers! I have never met an [name]Asher[/name] or someone considering the name. Also, a lot of people search names on here that they like, but never end up using them. I don’t see this one being too popular anytime soon, if that is a concern of yours. :slight_smile:

I think I am in the minority here, but I don’t like [name]Asher[/name] that much. I prefer [name]Ashley[/name], [name]Ashton[/name], and [name]Asa[/name] for boys over [name]Asher[/name].

I love [name]Asher[/name] but unfortunately my husband wont entertain it! [name]Shame[/name] on him.

[name]Love[/name] it but maybe too popular. I prefer [name]Ashley[/name] or [name]Ashe[/name]

I adore [name]Asher[/name] - particularly my son [name]Asher[/name]. :slight_smile: