What do you think of August Cohan?

I’ve posted a few times about our name search. Dad and I both love August. Even though friends and family aren’t fans of the name, it stuck and we haven’t found anything we like more.

We have been on a search for the perfect middle name to pair with it. His nickname is already Goose. So I decided to look up names that mean goose and I found Cohan-“wild goose”. Difficult to please dad says he actually really likes it!

What do you think of August Cohan? Due in early August

1 Like

[name_m]August[/name_m] Cohan is cool - love [name_m]August[/name_m], and Cohan flows well and feels meaningful to you.

[name_m]August[/name_m] is great, and I think the flow with Cohan sounds nice. I wasn’t able to find any info on Cohan meaning “wild goose”, but I like the meaning for you.

I will just mention that it’s similarity to [name_m]Cohen[/name_m] makes me slightly hesitant due to it’s controversial use on non-Jewish people (unless, of course, you are!). I’d recommend searching [name_m]Cohen[/name_m] on this forum and perusing the threads to make sure you know all that it entails.

I love it. Very handsome. I have a cousin named [name_m]August[/name_m] and he has the nickname [name_m]Goose[/name_m].

1 Like

I’m christian and I read that [name_m]Cohen[/name_m] means priest and is associated with [name_m]Aaron[/name_m], the first high priest and his brother [name_m]Moses[/name_m]. I don’t think it’s necessarily a Jewish name, as Jews don’t even use priests. I’d say it is a religious name. Although I know it can be a Jewish surname, I don’t mind the association.

But Cohan is [name_m]Irish[/name_m] and unassociated anyway.