What do you think of Beverly?

Hey Berries!

I’ve been pondering over the name [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] recently. I always dismissed it as dated, but after getting into the IT franchise, [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] seems a lot more powerful! I still don’t think I would ever realistically use it, so please be brutally honest!

1 Like

One of my best friends is named [name_f]Beverly[/name_f]! She’s 25, I think, and she goes by [name_f]Bev[/name_f]. I like it a lot because of her.

1 Like

Beverly is great. The first person that comes to mind with this name is actress [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_u]Garland[/name_u]. She is what made me start looking at the name to begin with.

1 Like

I’m not a fan tbh. It still seems too dated to me.

1 Like

Beverly is sweet & elegant!

1 Like

I don’t love it but I like it more than [name_u]Everly[/name_u], which is the most similar name I can think of. It does seem dated to me.

1 Like

I dislike it.

1 Like

It does feel pretty dated…but [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_m]Cleary[/name_m] is a great namesake!

1 Like

I feel it’s still dated. Reminds me very much of an 80s name.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] is a nice name that should make a comeback

1 Like

I knew a young [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] and it really suited her :slight_smile: [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] is clunky cute

1 Like

It’s very dated to me, sorry.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Beverly[/name_f]! I think it’ll stand out in a good way among Everlys.

2 Likes

It does feel really dated, but I really like [name_f]Bev[/name_f] as a nn.

1 Like

Despite the marvelous [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_m]Cleary[/name_m], I can’t yet get behind the name. I know a twelve year old [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] and have still not gotten used to her name; it’s actually quite jarring. She must be named after someone but I keep forgetting to ask.

1 Like

I love this name! It’s quite American to me, not a bad thing! When I was a little girl and learning [name_f]English[/name_f], I read [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_m]Cleary[/name_m]’s books and named a doll [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] after her. Fond memories attached, adore this vintage gem!

xx - [name_f]Aleksandra[/name_f] “[name_f]Aleksa[/name_f]” Y.

1 Like

I really like the name [name_f]Beverly[/name_f]. I do see it as kinda dated, but I don’t think that’s always a bad thing.

1 Like

Yes, [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] always seemed dated to me too. The [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] Hillbillies, my late mother in law who was 90, [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] Sills…

But then I taught a pretty high school girl named [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] and that refreshed the name for me.

The only thing I dislike is [name_f]Bev[/name_f] which reminds me of BevMo.

1 Like

I like it. It’s dated, but so are all names before they get revived/rejuvenated. I could see [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] hitching a ride on the Ev- train (e.g. [name_u]Ever[/name_u] / [name_u]Everly[/name_u] as well as Evangeline and [name_u]Everest[/name_u])

NN options of [name_f]Bev[/name_f] and [name_u]Lee[/name_u].

1 Like

I don’t see how it’s that much different than the popular [name_u]Everly[/name_u]. :woman_shrugging:t2:
[name_f]My[/name_f] immediate thought is Dr. [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] Crusher from [name_f]Star[/name_f] Trek.
It’s not my favorite but I don’t think it’s a bad name.

1 Like