What do you think of Brynn?

Is it too trendy sounding? It’s # 323 in popularity.

I love it! I prefer the spelling [name]Brenn[/name], but any way it’s spelled is pretty! I would use it, but my son’s name is [name]Finn[/name]!

Wow i didnt know [name]Brynn[/name] was that high up in popularity. Well i like [name]Brynn[/name]. I had actally never heard it till it popped into my head randomly. I like it alot, but i think its suited better as a middle name, or a nickname.

It sounds like a NN to me. It also reminds me of the college, [name]Bryn[/name] Mawr. I don’t love it, but it’s not bad.

Technically, it’s a Welsh boy’s name, so I personally would never use it for a girl.

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Brynn[/name], it’s on my list. The number surprises me, I was thinking it would be much lower. Hopefully it doesn’t break 300 anytime soon :slight_smile:

I think [name]Brynn[/name] is very pretty. It’ll be interesting to see if it cracks #300, but I don’t consider it trendy. It feels breezy yet strong to me and will age well, which is always a plus.

Nameberry has [name]Bryn[/name] as a Welsh girl’s name meaning hill,and [name]Brynn[/name] also as a girl’s name(I assume the double n is the Americanized form).
Does that change your mind? :slight_smile:

I agree with Irisrose…this a boy’s name. I know 3 [name]Bryn[/name] or [name]Brynn[/name]'s of different ages (ones mid 60’s, one late 30’s and one boy about 13) named [name]Brynn[/name]. It’s a no go as far as a girl’s name for me.

i like brynn… but only as a nn.
i have a friend named Brennlyn… who goes by [name]Brenn[/name].
i’ve always loved her name…

Nameberry has [name]Bryn[/name] as a Welsh girl’s name meaning hill,and [name]Brynn[/name] also as a girl’s name(I assume the double n is the Americanized form).
Does that change your mind? :)[/quote]

Nameberry only has this because [name]Bryn[/name] is now an established name for girls, not a traditional one. I’m pretty sure in the UK, this name is pretty much all boy. I could be wrong on that part, though.

I agree. It’s all boy for me considering I knew a man called [name]Brynn[/name]. It’s very nice though:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]

i never would have even considered brynn as a male name. lol. it feels so feminine to me. It seems awkward as a male name.

I like [name]Brynn[/name], but it definitely has a sort of breezy and informal sound, so I can see why people think it’s nicknamish. What do people think of [name]Brynna[/name]?

[name]LOVE[/name] the name!! [name]Love[/name], LOVVVE it!!! Wouldve used it if my husband had liked it.

I’m sorry but I don’t like it on a girl at all. It reminds me of the Welsh singer, [name]Bryn[/name] Terfel. I’ve tried to do a link!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/6485392/[name]Bryn[/name]-Terfel-interview.html

It sounds v masculine to me.

I like brynn, but for a boy and not for a girl…

This name is like [name]Finley[/name] to me, I cant picture it on a boy no matter how many people tell me it is overly masculine. maybes its the “[name]Lee[/name]” and rhyming with “[name]Lynn[/name]” that makes these names so girly to me. Also, personally I dont know any males by these names. but offhand can think of 3 baby girl Finleys and [name]Bryn[/name] from the Real World Las [name]Vegas[/name].