What do you think of Clara?

What do you think of the name [name]Clara[/name]? We are also considering [name]Isabel[/name], but we are afraid it is too popular.

I really like [name]Clara[/name]. It has a beautiful old-fashioned charm, but one that is mixed with modern day. A lovely, adorable choice!

1 Like

[name]Clara[/name] is one of my favorite names! It would be a wonderful choice!

1 Like

I like [name]Clara[/name] a lot. It’s pretty and not too common. It usually reminds me of the Nutcracker ballet - where [name]Clara[/name] is the most sought after role. [name]Every[/name] little girl wants to be [name]Clara[/name] in the Nutcracker :slight_smile: So I would think any little girl would enjoy having the name [name]Clara[/name].

I love [name]Clara[/name]!! [name]Isabel[/name] is pretty, but like you said, too popular. [name]Clara[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] would be a lovely combo, though…

1 Like

[name]Hi[/name]! I love [name]Clara[/name], too! I think it’s elegant and sweet at the same time, and it’s becoming one of my favorite vintage names. :slight_smile: I know of two Claras, both of whom are very kind and bright.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name]Love[/name] [name]Clara[/name]!

1 Like

[name]Clara[/name] is a lovely name! [name]Clara[/name] [name]Isabel/name would be lovely too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!

I adore [name]Clara[/name]! It is a recent addition to my own name list - I like it because it reminds me of my childhood “hero,” [name]Clara[/name] [name]Barton[/name] (ironically, it turns out Ms. [name]Barton[/name]'s name was really [name]Clarissa[/name]) - and its vintage yet modern sound appeals to me.

I envision [name]Clara[/name] to be a quiet, sophisticated young lady with honey brown hair falling to her shoulder in soft waves. Her bright blue eyes are curious and intelligent, and her voice is calm and strong. [name]Clara[/name] is a professional, an independent spirit yet a leader at heart. She is opinionated yet careful in expressing her thoughts. She is a kind and thoughtful friend, and her wit and good charm are endearing qualities that serve to enhance her intelligence. [name]Clara[/name] is pretty and sweet, quiet and thoughtful, delicate and brave.

Some of my personal [name]Clara[/name] favorites are [name]Clara[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] [name]Josephine[/name], though I think [name]Clara[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] is lovely as well.

Good luck! Take care.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

1 Like

I find [name]Clara[/name] a harsh sounding name.

PS [name]Clarissa[/name] beats it hands down. I think [name]Clarissa[/name] is very pretty.

[name]Clara[/name] is one of my favorite names. The only thing about names that sound like [name]Clara[/name] is that once you use one of them, you probably don’t want to use the others. So many names such as [name]Laura[/name], [name]Maura[/name], [name]Moira[/name], [name]Nora[/name], [name]Cora[/name], [name]Corrie[/name], [name]Cara[/name], [name]Sara[/name], [name]Flora[/name], [name]Story[/name], [name]Rory[/name], and [name]Tory[/name] have that “ar” or “or” sound in them. Once you use an “ar” or “or” name, you’re pretty much done with those kinds of names because they sound too rhyme-y together. They become a tongue-twister, too.
You would probably also have to say goodbye to some boys’ names, too, such as [name]Harry[/name]. I can’t think of any other cool boys’ names that have that sound. I can thing of [name]Maury[/name], but I doubt you would miss that name!
I know about this quandary, because our daughter is named [name]Laura[/name]. When she was little, we thought about having another baby. I remember being in love with the names [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] and thinking they were too similar to [name]Laura[/name], so that I couldn’t use them. Well, then I would think, okay, I could probably use [name]Claire[/name].
But [name]Laura[/name] has been such a great name. I have been really satisfied with it. When I think about a girl’s name, I think, is this name as great as [name]Laura[/name]?
To me, [name]Clara[/name] is a name that is as wonderful as [name]Laura[/name]. It’s classic, easy to spell, easy to say, it’s a five letter name (I love five letter names - they look so cozy, but not too short!) [name]Clara[/name] mixes well with so many fun middle names, too! I don’t think you or your daugher would ever get tired of [name]Clara[/name]!

Based on your description [name]Lemon[/name], I am now adding [name]Clara[/name] to my list of names for my girl due in [name]May[/name]. I like [name]Claire[/name] but find it lacking something… the letter “A” I guess!

I prefer [name]Claire[/name] to [name]Clara[/name]. I think it’s because there are just so many names that rhyme with [name]Clara[/name].

Thanks for your comments! I’m almost sold on [name]Clara[/name], one hangup that I’m having is that apparently there was a cow called [name]Clara[/name] or [name]Clarabelle[/name]? Is that an old cartoon that probably won’t come up in her generation? I just don’t want her teased and called a cow.
Naming my son, [name]William[/name], was so much easier! I don’t know why naming a girl is so much harder for me. I also gave him a family name as a middle name, and I’d like to do the same for her. Does [name]Clara[/name] [name]Virginia[/name] sound too sing songy? Our last name is [name]Owen[/name].

Actually, [name]Clarabelle[/name] is the name of that character. Although she is mostly found in the old Disney cartoons, she has been revived and is now currently a recurring character on the show “[name]Mickey[/name] Mouse Clubhouse” on Disney [name]Channel[/name].

I personally really like the name [name]Clara[/name] and I think it is far enough removed from [name]Clarabelle[/name] that most people won’t make that connection. I just wouldn’t use the name [name]Clarabelle[/name].

I love [name]Clara[/name] but I don’t really like it with [name]Virginia[/name]. [name]Clara[/name] is such a great sister to [name]William[/name]!

I like [name]Clara[/name].