What do you think of Cole?

[name]Hi[/name]! I have recently fallen in love with the name [name]Cole[/name]…what do you think? I want a boys name that isn’t too out there, but I don’t want a name that uberly popular, either. Does this name fit this category? I would also like a name that won’t be mistaken as a girl’s name, or even a possible girl’s name, such as [name]Jordan[/name], [name]Eliot[/name], [name]Ryan[/name], [name]Avery[/name], [name]Dylan[/name], etc. Thanks!

[name]Cole[/name] has a number of qualities going for it: it’s short, simple and masculine and it has a [name]Wild[/name] [name]West[/name] vibe. Depending on where you live, it may be more popular than you think. And if it isn’t popular in your area, give it a few years and it will be. [name]Just[/name] a hunch. Good luck!

I like [name]Cole[/name]. It has consistently been in the top 100 for the past decade or so, but I don’t see it being a top 10 name. It has been in the top 50 (and top 30) in my state over the past few years, so I do hear it on the playground. I don’t think it is uber popular, though. And certainly not out there at all – it is quite common and familiar. I really don’t see it as a girls name, but there are a lot of boys names that have gone to the girls that I have never seen as a girls name. :wink:
I suppose I do know a [name]Colette[/name] that goes by [name]Cole[/name] or [name]Coley[/name], but those are nicknames.

I love [name]Cole[/name]. It reminds me of [name]Nat[/name] [name]King[/name] [name]Cole[/name] and for some reason, old movie stars. I imagine a [name]Cole[/name] to be the classic tall, dark and handsome type and it have a refined creativity about it. I don’t think [name]Cole[/name] could go unisex, well not at the moment anyway but seeing as people are apparently starting to think it’s okay to name their daughters [name]James[/name], anything is possible. But I wouldn’t worry, I think [name]Cole[/name] is very masculine and strong. Great name!

[name]Hope[/name] this helped :slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I like [name]Cole[/name]. If you find it more popular than you’d like, you could try [name]Cale[/name].

Oh, I love [name]Cole[/name]! It’s such a handsome, strong name - recognizable, but not a name that I hear all the time. Great pick in my opinion! :slight_smile:

I’ve only ever known one [name]Cole[/name]. He is masculine, outdoorsy, seriously handsome and quite a gentleman… so those are my associations with the name!

[name]Ever[/name] since I was about 15 and fell in love with [name]Cole[/name] [name]Turner[/name] on Charmed, I have adored that name. It’s classic, strong, and simple, yet feels like a complete name to me. It would be on my list if I wasn’t hung up on popularity. [name]Even[/name] then, it’s not that popular: I know 1 [name]Cole[/name] (he’s about 9). Great name choice!