What Do You Think of Darcy?

What do you think of the name [name]Darcy[/name] for a girl?

I personally wouldn’t use it, especially as it would stand out [in a not great way] over here in [name]England[/name], but I do think it is very cute, and I can imagine it on an adult, too.

If she disliked it then she could always call herself [name]Cissy[/name] or [name]Dara[/name], maybe …

And of course, it reminds me of Pride and Prejudice - just don’t call her sister [name]Elizabeth[/name]!

For me, [name]Darcy[/name] is one of those unisex names, like [name]Emery[/name], that I think is pretty and feminine. It doesn’t have a trendy feel to me, either. I know of a few Darcys, and they’re peppy and bright.

Some middle names, just for fun:

[name]Darcy[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] (although there is a [name]Kitty[/name] in Pride and Prejudice)
[name]Darcy[/name] [name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

“On a girl?” Have you ever heard it on a boy or man? All the [name]Darcy[/name]/[name]Darci[/name]/[name]Darcie[/name]/D’Arcy, etc. people I’ve ever met have been female.

I also think it’s a surname and that you shouldn’t use it unless it’s from your own family or one of your heroes. Or if you came from Arcy, wherever that is.

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Darcy[/name].
A friend recently fell for this one when naming her daughter, but her husband vetoed it. I wouldn’t have thought of it before that, but now I adore it. I also love that even though it’s unisex, it’s the name of a famous ballerina here in the UK, so it has that very girly association. And I think it transitions well from a cute baby name to a sharp adult name. Now I just hope too many others don’t catch on as well!

It’s super cute! My friend named her 1st daughter [name]Darcy[/name] and I [name]LOVE[/name] it!

I like the name [name]Darcy[/name]. I go back and forth if I like it or if it sounds too much like [name]Marcy[/name], which I don’t like well at all. I think it has lost all if not most of its masculinity for a boy’s name, but it’s definitely a strong yet pretty choice for a girl rather than [name]Daisy[/name], for example.

I think [name]Darcy[/name] is strong and cute. It makes me think of Mr. [name]Darcy[/name] of course, but sounds much more like a girls’ than boys’ name. I don’t think I would ever use it, but I have to agree with most of the replies that [name]Darcy[/name] is a pretty cool name.

Oh yes, [name]Darcey[/name] Bussell (I think she spells it like that)! [name]How[/name] could I forget - what a lovely connection to have!